Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2010, 11:26 PM   #101
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: Post game thoughts and goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Gimme a freaking break...Yeah he was playing opossum just in case we see the Jets again, for a game that may never happen. I say 100 percent NO WAY. Absolutely ridiculous.
I really don't understand that reasoning anyway. In what sport do people purposely suck in the hopes that they'll have fresh material in the post-season? What team in the NFL purposely sucks using that plan? Do the Patriots ease off the gas because they don't want people to know what their plays are? Do Manning or Brees just hand the ball off during the regular season so that people won't know how well they can pass? What sort of bizarre logic is that?

Lebeau may not have had his best game (he never seems to do so when Troy is out). But 13 points and 276 yards is not exactly the Broncos either. Someone shit the bed this game, but it wasn't Lebeau.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:38 AM   #102
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,843 Times in 869 Posts
My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
I agree 1000%. Ben had all day to throw today and still only musters one TD pass. The WR's were wide open today. He missed a wide open Wallace in the 1st quarter(threw it 5 yards OB) and then again on the fake spike, Ben's pass wasn't even close. We keep making all the excuses in the world for Ben's mediocre play this year ...O-line,BA and any other things you can think of. He simply isnt playing good at all. For every completion I can think of 2 passes that are to WR's shoe tops or 5 feet over there head. Alot of his completions are great catches by the receivers ( see randle el catch). I think this is where Brady and Manning are leaps and bounds above Ben, they make the players on there offense much better then they are..ie Collie, Tamme, Garcon, Woodhead, Branch, Both NE TE's Edelman and on and on and on. Both teams can plug in a player and they dont miss a beat on offense We dont have that luxury because Ben just doesnt have the same abilty to make the others around him better. Just think if our defense was average, how many game would we have won this year giving up says 25 pts per game. Not many. Ben has a 100 million $ contract....start playing like it.
Those teams don't miss a beat on offense because they have great offensive lines which allows even mediocre receivers time to get open and the QBs time to throw the ball.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #103
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, saying "Ben isn't that good" needs to hand in their Terrible Towels and go be a Chargers fan. You put Charlie Batch, Dennis Dixon or Byron Leftwich in there and I GUARANTEE we don't drive down 92-yards and get a touchdown. Ben seldom wins pretty, but the guy just makes stuff happen (which is also the reason I'll put him over Manning.) If Wallace doesn't under-run that fake spike, we're talking about what a brilliant play it was and all we may not even need to drive down the field another 99-yards at the end of the game to win.

Also, I'm tired of hearing "without Troy is the reason they lost." Yes, Troy will make the difference come playoff time and no doubt he's the most important player we have. But those kids on our defense stepped it up yesterday. We held a supposed juggernaut offense to 13 points without our impact player. As far as I'm concerned, the only reason the Jets got a TD was because Sanchez made a brilliant fake.

The fact is this: we had to play the zebras AND the New York Jets yesterday, and our special teams cost us. You aren't going to score many TD's when every single drive you have to go the length of the field, and you won't win many games at all giving up a safety and a kickoff return to begin the game. I won't even mention Antonio Holdmartie or Revis' nice little jersey grab of Sanders to end the game. We all know those should have been called, but weren't.

Whatever, won't say they wanted it more because of the zebras, but they did need it more. We move on. Bring on Carolina.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:01 AM   #104
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,120 Times in 3,090 Posts

jets arent a "juggernaut" offense.

hell, just last week they were calling mark sanchez "mark benchez".

(okay, maybe i was the only one calling him that).
Old 12-21-2010, 02:03 AM   #105
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

Well still, it's impressive our Troy-less D held them and kept us in the game.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #106
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Yeah, I'll agree...holding any team to 13 points is always a good job on D. Doesn't really matter who the team is nowadays. If you can't beat a team after the D holds them to 13, you've got bigger issues (which we obviously do).

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 AM   #107
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts

No goats in this game. one horrible non call on sanders cost this team a win. Everyone played hard and I thought this was Big Ben's best game since he has come back. He was making quicker reads and thowing the ball with force.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:32 AM   #108
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

The fact is this: we had to play the zebras AND the New York Jets yesterday, and our special teams cost us. You aren't going to score many TD's when every single drive you have to go the length of the field, and you won't win many games at all giving up a safety and a kickoff return to begin the game. I won't even mention Antonio Holdmartie or Revis' nice little jersey grab of Sanders to end the game. We all know those should have been called, but weren't.

Whatever, won't say they wanted it more because of the zebras, but they did need it more. We move on. Bring on Carolina.[/QUOTE]

Very well said. I agree 100%. There's been little mention of our horrible field position, also courtesy of our brilliant S/T. That was just about as devastating as the opening TD.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #109
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Its interesting how J Scott may lose his job because he missed the block on Taylor to allow a safety. But what about the idiot who called the play and the player package in? Sure if he made the block perhaps Moore gets out, but to where? The 1?

The play was one of the dummest calls with the wrong player package in that i have seen in a while. Of course Arians has had several close 2nds with stupid play calls. Maybe a buunch of ties for first too.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #110
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,038 Times in 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Its interesting how J Scott may lose his job because he missed the block on Taylor to allow a safety. But what about the idiot who called the play and the player package in? Sure if he made the block perhaps Moore gets out, but to where? The 1?

The play was one of the dummest calls with the wrong player package in that i have seen in a while. Of course Arians has had several close 2nds with stupid play calls. Maybe a buunch of ties for first too.
We have our weakest RB in a very crucial position. Not only does Arians stop our offense from scoring points, but also allowing points on our offense. It takes a true "genius" for that. Hats off to you mister Arians.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote