Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2010, 01:00 PM   #111
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Post game thoughts and goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
No goats in this game. one horrible non call on sanders cost this team a win. Everyone played hard and I thought this was Big Ben's best game since he has come back. He was making quicker reads and thowing the ball with force.
My thoughts as well...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:07 PM   #112
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
You blame "Leblow" for the defense only allowing 13 points? And then compare that the the NE debacle? Seriously, c'mon man.

And I didn't quote your rant, but I noticed you didn't mention ST's once in it. They are the biggest reason the Steelers lost.
I blamed more than Leblow in my rant. And you'd still be reading if I cited every flaw that we brought to the Jets game. It was a COMPLETE team loss. Take a look at every rant on this board and you can't deny anyone for the truth they speak on why we lost. There isn't a phase of our game that didn't suck this past Sunday. Yes, even the Defense. Apparently 13 points was too much. Too much when your ST suck. Have you been following the JETS this past month? Their O sucks so it was not too much to ask for more. Points on ST count against your D #'s as if it was a 95 yard drive, you still have to tackle, you still have to keep them out of your end zone and we clearly didn't. It was the Defense that allowed one of the worst WR's this year to catch what, 9 passes-B. Edwards and a personal record (another Arians type dope from Cleveland) And it was our defense that made Sancheezewhiz leave the field a winner. How we don't throw the farm at him is beyond my comprehension of professional Football. He has no pocket presence. He is Manning early on in his career, Mr. happy feet. Take a look at his stats against out type of hard nosed D. He sucks. He didn't suck Sunday. We didn't make him suck.

And my comparison against NE was completey relevant because I was referring to "the approach" Tell me what we did differently regarding our game plan. We didn't pressure Brady and he tore us up. We didn't pressure Sanchez and he beat us. Again, another spoke in the wheel of being outcoached. And it had nothign to do with RexRoid Ryan, Leblow outcoached himself. He seems to do that a lot against the better teams. I'd rather blitz and lose than not blitz and have our Mcfools burned again. Hey Lebeau.....Our DB's can't cover a melting snowman. At least we can rattle the young inexperienced QB's. Or so I thought we could. We get another chance against the Panthers so we'll see. I am starting to realize that Arizona knew what they were doing when they released Mcfaddong. Not that they improved their team. We're still in control, the sky is not falling but it looks like rain ahead.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:17 AM   #113
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,062 Times in 3,065 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
I blamed more than Leblow in my rant. And you'd still be reading if I cited every flaw that we brought to the Jets game. It was a COMPLETE team loss. Take a look at every rant on this board and you can't deny anyone for the truth they speak on why we lost. There isn't a phase of our game that didn't suck this past Sunday. Yes, even the Defense. Apparently 13 points was too much. Too much when your ST suck. Have you been following the JETS this past month? Their O sucks so it was not too much to ask for more. Points on ST count against your D #'s as if it was a 95 yard drive, you still have to tackle, you still have to keep them out of your end zone and we clearly didn't. It was the Defense that allowed one of the worst WR's this year to catch what, 9 passes-B. Edwards and a personal record (another Arians type dope from Cleveland) And it was our defense that made Sancheezewhiz leave the field a winner. How we don't throw the farm at him is beyond my comprehension of professional Football. He has no pocket presence. He is Manning early on in his career, Mr. happy feet. Take a look at his stats against out type of hard nosed D. He sucks. He didn't suck Sunday. We didn't make him suck.

And my comparison against NE was completey relevant because I was referring to "the approach" Tell me what we did differently regarding our game plan. We didn't pressure Brady and he tore us up. We didn't pressure Sanchez and he beat us. Again, another spoke in the wheel of being outcoached. And it had nothign to do with RexRoid Ryan, Leblow outcoached himself. He seems to do that a lot against the better teams. I'd rather blitz and lose than not blitz and have our Mcfools burned again. Hey Lebeau.....Our DB's can't cover a melting snowman. At least we can rattle the young inexperienced QB's. Or so I thought we could. We get another chance against the Panthers so we'll see. I am starting to realize that Arizona knew what they were doing when they released Mcfaddong. Not that they improved their team. We're still in control, the sky is not falling but it looks like rain ahead.
so what youre saying is that if the steelers simply did their job, (and every other team that the sanchezwhiz&crackers and brown reject jets have played) they would be 0-14 at this point?

theoretically, if every team does their job, every team in the league will be 0-16?

how does that work? does simple math even support that?

there are no style points in winning, let alone losing so who cares if you do it blitzing or not?

i agree that it sucks we lost to the jets. it sucked when we lost to clemens several years back, just like it sucked losing to the 5 scrub teams we lost to last year.

what didnt suck was winning it all in 2005 and 2008.

i guess its all about perspective.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:49 PM   #114
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Just so you realize, you just compared us to every other team in the league. My logic was that we are not like every other team. Or like every other Kool-Aid drinker.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #115
stiller39
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4832

Nice balanced offensive game plan with running and passing. Memo goes for lots of yards with someone even just getting in taylors way. If any one of the last two passes are caught... we win. Go stillers. Lets win the last two and rest BB and those walking wounded. I like our chances.
stiller39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #116
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller39 View Post
Nice balanced offensive game plan with running and passing. Memo goes for lots of yards with someone even just getting in taylors way. If any one of the last two passes are caught... we win. Go stillers. Lets win the last two and rest BB and those walking wounded. I like our chances.
Balanced? Really? You might want to go over the game stats again.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #117
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiller39 View Post
What about the pass to Brown? Oh yeah, there was no pass interference called after he almost got pushed down...
We should have been running it in from the 1 yard line.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote