Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Suisham perfect so far

Suisham's 10 for 10 so far on field goals and 11 for 11 on extra points. In fact, I don't even remember him being close to missing one. Most of these kicks are dead center. Even more impressive is the fact that we've been forcing him to make longer kicks by not getting into the redzone as 7 of his 10 field goals have been more than 40 yards.
I'm almost hoping for a meaningless miss against Carolina this week to take some of the pressure of perfection off of him before the playoffs. He's choked in a couple of clutch spots for some other teams and I always think back to when Garry Anderson was perfect all season and he missed his first field goal in the playoffs to cost the Vikings.

Side Note- Skippy is 7 for 7 on field goals and 6 for 6 on extra points for San Fran. Only 2 of his kicks have been over 40 though.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #2
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Re: Suisham perfect so far

lol so Reed finally made a FG from 40-49? he was 0-4 for us

I can't remember, but has Suisham kicked over 50 yet? at any rate thats not too big of a deal, 40-49 is the money distance and he's been lights out there this season where Reed was a joke.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

The only gripe that I have with Suisham so far is his Kickoffs. He cant seem to get them past the Opponents 15 yard line. But his kicking is great so far and to answer the question right before me is no he Hasnt attempted a Kick over 50 for the Steelers yet, but is 7 for 7 I believe over 40 . . which is nice.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #4
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

The kickoff issue is a killer. Field position is everything.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #5
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Suisham has been a great surprise! I trashed the signing and I'm glad to go back on it.

Punt coverage sucks! Why punt from the 40 if they get the ball between the 20-30 yard line? There is no intensity with these guys trying to make tackles. That return looked like the keystone cops.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #6
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

yea i thought it was a joke when we signed him.....but man he has been money....just sux on kick offs....need to fix that
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #7
TailgateMel
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8498

The opening kickoff they fielded it at the 2 or 3 yard line... he hasn't been able to dump it deep in the endzone, but he is getting it as far or farther than skippy did and his field goals have been much, much better. It will be interesting, however to see if we keep him next year also.

100% Certified Grade-A SteelerChick
TailgateMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,524 Times in 1,531 Posts

Alex Henery stats from Huskers.com:

• Alex Henery has made 89.2% of his career field goal attempts (66-of-74). The NCAA record is 87.8% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond. (min. 45 attempts)
  • Alex Henery has made 77.4% of his career field goals from 40 yards or longer (24-of-31). The NCAA career record is 72.1% by Georgia’s Billy Bennet.
  • Alex Henery has made 97.7% of his career field goals from inside 40 yards (42-of-43). The NCAA career record is 97.0% by Florida’s Bobby Raymond.
  • Alex Henery is tied for the NCAA record with six career games with at least four field goals.
  • Alex Henery has combined to make 256 of his 265 career kicks (PATs and field goals), a 96.6% accuracy rate. The NCAA FBS career record is 94.9% set by Missouri’s Jeff Wolfert.
Did we mention he punts? As Huskers.com puts it, “Nebraska place-kicker Alex Henery has been one of the nation’s best for the past four seasons. However, a closer examination of Henery’s amazing kicking numbers reveals that he is one of the best place-kickers in NCAA

[YOUTUBE]5aXkPwWXLNY [/YOUTUBE]

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

draft henery in the first round
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:43 AM   #10
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 1,820 Times in 914 Posts

I'm just glad the Reed saga is over. The notion of spending millions on a kicker makes no sense to me in a salary cap era. Happy he is moving on and doing well...........maybe SF will back up a load of cash for him.