Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-19-2010, 11:21 PM   #11
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416
Default Re: Is Ben an elite qb or a very good qb?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eafratitpm3 View Post
Are you serious? Have you been watching this season, hell no he's not elite. With all the weapons this offense has they are not consistent. Elite QBs are Manning & Brady, everyone talks about our O-Line injuries and that's why the Offense is not good. Ben misses alot of wide open guys, just in this game alone he missed some easy throws. Elite QBs win, period!
So you're saying Ben is elite?
Old 12-19-2010, 11:26 PM   #12
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

Elite, hell no.... Good, maybe.... definitely overated!
VegasStlrFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

lol you're lost.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:47 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Can't believe the nonsense I'm seeing on here. If Ben's not an elite QB then who is? Let me guess Manning. So Manning who's been in the league all these years with tons more offensive weapons and a better line is better then Ben because he has won more championships? Or because he throws better on the run? Good chance Manning is more accurate, if he get's another championship before Ben does then we'll talk about that. Who else? On any given Sunday Ben is the best QB in the league, and every Sunday he's top 3. Overrated?? By who? The jealous people who hate him for not being proved guilty or the jealous people that hate him for burning there team at the end of the game? Come on guys!!
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:06 AM   #15
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Doubtful

Tough question to answer. He's definitely a unique QB who has shown signs of brilliance. He's a proven winner. With the game on the line, he usually delivers. But there are some weaknesses to his game. He struggles to just step back and let it go. The TV coverage never shows the defensive coverage but I have to assume that guys are getting open sometimes. This year, the magic has been off a bit with errant throws that are way off the mark. I don't know...based on his winning percentage alone, I'd say he's a great QB but I don't think that he's taken that next step to elite level just yet until I see a greater dedication from him to improve upon his weaknesses. The elite ones are students of the game who are always looking to improve. I think Ben is more than capable of being truly elite.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 AM   #16
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Can't believe the nonsense I'm seeing on here. If Ben's not an elite QB then who is? Let me guess Manning. So Manning who's been in the league all these years with tons more offensive weapons and a better line is better then Ben because he has won more championships? Or because he throws better on the run? Good chance Manning is more accurate, if he get's another championship before Ben does then we'll talk about that. Who else? On any given Sunday Ben is the best QB in the league, and every Sunday he's top 3. Overrated?? By who? The jealous people who hate him for not being proved guilty or the jealous people that hate him for burning there team at the end of the game? Come on guys!!
What Qb's would you naysayer's take over Ben in the final 2min?
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 AM   #17
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,460 Times in 1,116 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Ben is an elite quarterback. It's not even questionable in my book and quite honesty it disgusts me that anyone on here would even call Roethlisberger into question like this. We got two super bowl wins with Ben at the helm and that alone says something about his leadership of this team.

There are guys like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning who get more credit than they truly deserve. They play behind elite offensive lines, and their lineman don't get the credit that they deserve. Ben Roethlisberger has played behind mediocre offensive lines ever since we left Alan Faneca go he has had to deal with a lot of injuries to his offensive lines over the past years. Despite the fact that the offensive line play has been poor he still plays great football. He is consistently getting out of sacks and extending plays that should have been broken.

There are games where guys like Brady and Manning don't even so much as get a grass stain on their jersey or get knocked to the turf for that matter. There hasn't been one game that I can remember where Roethlisberger hasn't spent a good portion of the game taking hits. Despite all of this Roethlisberger just plays the game and actually defends his lineman as evidenced by his comments after Super Bowl 43 when he called out all of the doubters of his offensive line.

This year is a perfect example of how good of a quarterback Ben really is. Despite having a broken foot and a broken nose he still manages to play well enough to get a win against the Ravens last week. Another example to prove my point that Ben is in fact and elite level QB is the Colts record this year. The colts suffered a ton of injuries and had a couple of lineman down as well as receivers. Manning threw the most interceptions in a three game span that I have ever seen him throw. Under pressure he wasn't able to extend plays or make quick decisions and often forced the ball into coverage. It goes to show how great receivers and great offensive lineman make quarterbacks look elite. It's all fine and dandy taking all the credit and gushing before the media when you have a great game but we all saw how Manning was sulken and depressed when he was throwing more interceptions than touchdowns and dealing with injuries.

Despite the Steelers having some injuries at bad times throughout this season however, we still have a 10-4 record and we would be 11-3 if it were not for the Jets twelfth man )the officials) inability to make holding and pass interference calls in key situations where the penalties were more than blatantly obvious.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927; 12-20-2010 at 12:45 AM.
IowaSteeler927 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:39 AM   #18
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860

BEN IS ELITE!!! Dam,some people have short memories!OUR Q.B took us on one of the most difficult and exciting game winning drives in Superbowl history! LOOK AT THE O LINE HE HAS,LOOK AT THE CRAPPY PLAY CALLING.Look,give Ben some time in the pocket and great play calls,with our running game,he could pick em apart with the best of em!He also has some play making intangiables not even BABY BRADY has!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #19
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
Elite, hell no.... Good, maybe.... definitely overated!
Exact opposite. He's highly underrated. Nobody except Steeler fans put him at a top of a QB list. This guy is playing behind a piss poor line. He buys eons of time for guys who can't get open quick enough (Hines Ward) and is flawless when he calls his own plays. Rex Ryan called a timeout twice at the end of the game and stopped after Bruce got in his play. Before that, Ben marched right down the field in no huddle. Coincidence?

Drives were stalling because of boneheaded penalties, non-calls by the referees and Bruce Arians.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:51 AM   #20
mizzouristeeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17519

They don't make stats for what make ben elite. Id take him over tom gaydy anyday.
mizzouristeeler is offline   Reply With Quote