Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2010, 12:01 PM   #11
steelax04
Assistant Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Pretty Happy

I also liked Sanders this game. And there's something to say about those two 90+ yard drives (almost a 3rd at the end of the game).

It really looks like the receivers are coming around just in time for playoffs.
steelax04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #12
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
im excited by how well the offensive line played but a little down on how Ben played. he seemed inacurate at times. i also dont like how jets, patriots and saints all beat us. hopefully we can win our last 2 and take the division because i really dont want to have to play in baltimore again. there getting better and really clicking at the right time and could be real scary in the playoffs.

as for the line and mendenhall, they looked great against a top defense. if ben could start playing better we could beat anyone
I'll admit Ben started slow but I think he got better with time. I agree he messed up several plays though. Good teams don't miss those plays.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelax04 View Post
I also liked Sanders this game. And there's something to say about those two 90+ yard drives (almost a 3rd at the end of the game).

It really looks like the receivers are coming around just in time for playoffs.
Yeah...both Sanders and Brown are coming around. Both and Wallace can go deep so they should start mixing it up.

Ward...IDK

I liked how they tried to use Spaeth. I hope they use Miller the same way when he comes back. Miller hasn't been doing enough in the pass game.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
3. I liked the play of Sanders and Brown...Ward is fading away. Maybe he should retire after this year. In the past, he would have been a target on that last play.
Ward has been the one guy that has been showing up week after week. How well did our recievers look after Ward was knocked out against the Patriots?

Brown needs to stop celebrating after every 1st down catch. I like their play, but I agree there is a lot of potential their.
Old 12-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #15
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Brown needs to stop celebrating after every 1st down catch. I like their play, but I agree there is a lot of potential their.

After all, he is trying to fill Santonio's shoes.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #16
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Let's not forget something...

With Ben out for the first 4 games and unable to even look at film and with Holmes traded away, how many of us REALLY thought that "10-and-anything" never mind a shot at a Two Seed would be little more than a pipe dream?

And if the offense gets it together in the coming weeks and if we get a few guys healthy, I think we have an extremely realistic shot at winning it all!

I'd say that all of that PLUS the laundry list of injuries not to mention having two rooks' at WR, I for one am tickled pink at the thought of where we are.

All in all, I really can't find a whole lot to be mad about right now.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
BTW...You guys saw Cromartie holding Sanders like Crazy on the last play right? I wish Ben had thrown it to him. It was past 5 yards because the LOS was the 10.

I believe they would have called that on the Steelers...
Cromartie does it all day long on everyone and doesn't get called. I've seen it all year. I don't get it. He gets even more blatant as the year goes on because he never gets called???????
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Ward has been the one guy that has been showing up week after week. How well did our recievers look after Ward was knocked out against the Patriots?
Yeah...the Steelers looked Bad with Ward gone but that was because they tried to use ARE as the primary replacement and the other guys didn't have enough time to assume the starting roll. They need to practice plays.

I disagree that Ward has shown up every week. I had him on my fantasy team so i know...lol He has been hit or miss but some of his hits have been great. He is quieting down. He is still good but should retire after this year so he doesn't hurt the team and can retire on top. If he wants to come back as a #3, that might be OK. He's not doing enough for a #2 in the passing game.

In the past, he would have been a primary target on that last play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
After all, he is trying to fill Santonio's shoes.
OMG...Holmes is still annoying me with his theatrics. Did you see the one where he did his drop ball technique even though it wasn't a first down? How childish?

With Brown, I seem to understand. He is making a statement of "See what I can do if you let me play?"

I just found out for sure that Ben was going to Sanders on that second to last play. Even the last one might have been an overthrown play for Sanders (given Ben's inaccuracy). I like the fact that he is developing trust Sanders needs to be #2 and Ward #3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Let's not forget something...

With Ben out for the first 4 games and unable to even look at film and with Holmes traded away, how many of us REALLY thought ...

All in all, I really can't find a whole lot to be mad about right now.
I thought we would have a good season. I was pleased yesterday because of what I saw including controlling Holmes. It's not just about the record. I wasn't pleased with the win over cincinatti. Right now the question is can we beat the Colts...then Patriots? I think the Colts will win #3 and beat the Jets in the wildcard and play us while the Ravens (or possibly the Chargers if the chiefs choke) head to NE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36idf View Post
Cromartie does it all day long on everyone and doesn't get called. I've seen it all year. I don't get it. He gets even more blatant as the year goes on because he never gets called???????
Yeah...Cromartie is not that good. I remember watching an early game where they were calling it. The problem was Ben's passes were inaccurate. If he had gotten them closer, some of those would have been calls.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #19
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Yeah...the Steelers looked Bad with Ward gone but that was because they tried to use ARE as the primary replacement and the other guys didn't have enough time to assume the starting roll. They need to practice plays.

I disagree that Ward has shown up every week. I had him on my fantasy team so i know...lol He has been hit or miss but some of his hits have been great. He is quieting down. He is still good but should retire after this year so he doesn't hurt the team and can retire on top. If he wants to come back as a #3, that might be OK. He's not doing enough for a #2 in the passing game.

In the past, he would have been a primary target on that last play.
I respectfully disagree here. If there has been an incosistency in our passing it's been route running and or #7. Ward makes the grab and takes the hit almost every time.

I haven't been able to share the devastation of Ward on my fantasy team becase i'm so tied up with my World of Warcraft tournaments

I think Bouchette questioned why we were throwing to a back-up TE instead of someone like Ward at the end of the game. IMHO it's a question of design not the reciever?
Old 12-21-2010, 01:21 PM   #20
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:

Yeah...Cromartie is not that good. I remember watching an early game where they were calling it.

The problem was Ben's passes were inaccurate. If he had gotten them closer, some of those would have been calls.
That's the whole point and I agree with you.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote