Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #1
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default Our offense did better than I thought...

...but we still lost, as I predicted.

I was shocked when they put up our record with
Polamalu and without. Shocking difference.

And I totally don't trust Pgh's injury reports. They
are as big as liars as any team.

"Ben's foot isn't broke. Just scare tissue."

"Ben's nose isn't broke. Just bloody."

"Troy just has a 'lower leg' injury."

It's a f----g Achilles injury. And it's been gimpy for a long time.
He might not even be back this season.

If we do get Troy back, we can beat any team in the AFC
except the Pats.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:41 AM   #2
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default Re: Our offense did better than I thought...

Why couldn't we beat the pats? They aren't invincible...I mean cmon they have a good QB but they have their holes. Why even watch the rest of the steeler games if you know the pats are winning the super bowl? The packers almost won last night with a green QB. Their D got shredded by the run, brady had like 150 yards. We get smith and troy back, suddenly we had a deep rotation at D line, ability to dial up more blitzes, force brady to drop back and throw...anything could happen. The offense looked better last night, the o-line seems to be gelling ok. Believe me, noone wants to play the steelers if they are healthy in the playoffs.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Why couldn't we beat the pats? They aren't invincible...I mean cmon they have a good QB but they have their holes. Why even watch the rest of the steeler games if you know the pats are winning the super bowl? The packers almost won last night with a green QB. Their D got shredded by the run, brady had like 150 yards. We get smith and troy back, suddenly we had a deep rotation at D line, ability to dial up more blitzes, force brady to drop back and throw...anything could happen. The offense looked better last night, the o-line seems to be gelling ok. Believe me, noone wants to play the steelers if they are healthy in the playoffs.
Pats took a no-Aaron Rogers Pack team lightly. When it comes to
Pgh playing them, they are up to stuff our rushing game. Not saying
it's impossible. But they match up well to beat us. And we never
get any heat on Brady when we play. He did rack up 38 points; it's
not like he didn't kick ass. The main reason teams would not relish
facing us is pretty simple: BEN.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Because we're the Steelers, and they own our asses.

I hate it, but until I see Pittsburgh put up an actual fight against them (when Brady is there) I have to face reality. Inferior teams put up decent numbers against them, but for some reason, they know us inside and out more than any other team.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:44 PM   #5
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,703 Times in 786 Posts

Any given Sunday ANY team can be beat... happens all the time... and the Pats are not immune. The Steelers are notorious for not running offensive plays correctly as their designed (execution), we're a sloppy team and one of the results is Ben's high number of sacks and his constant running out of the pocket to "make" a play... which means our offensive plays don't go as planned. However, the Pats excel at this skill and thus they consistently run up the scoreboard all the time. "The best defense is a strong offense."

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

I didn't think we'd lose to the Jets.

I think we can play with the pats if the defense brings pressure and stays away from that nickle we played aginst them last game.

Our offense is far from perfect. We'll get back, watch tape and make adjustments.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #7
thumper
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Because we're the Steelers, and they own our asses.

I hate it, but until I see Pittsburgh put up an actual fight against them (when Brady is there) I have to face reality. Inferior teams put up decent numbers against them, but for some reason, they know us inside and out more than any other team.
They get up for Pgh games. And when they are focused
and well prepared, its tough to beat them. Also, don't under-estimate
what a QB who fires up team means. Did you see Tebow already
made a difference in his first start at Broncos?
Old 12-20-2010, 04:01 PM   #8
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

brady owns steelers......had one game where he didn't but he OWNS steelers.....sucks but true
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 04:54 PM   #9
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

I didn't think we would lose to the jets and we didn't play an awful game. However we didn't play a smart game.

How is it the first 2 plays of the game Woodley basically kisses that pos QB, than he doesn't touch him again. We didnt blitz on the outside good enough and we didnt run stuff the inside enough. We over compensated for Troy not being here and the fact that Mc-Gay can't cover a dead man. Totally took us off the game and allowed them to run over 100 yards and let that POS qb make us look like fools on that run.

Jets are a gimmick team, that is what they do to compensate for the POS QB they have. Ran 3 gimmicks?

I yelled at the TV watch for the fake, my kids look at me like i'm nuts, lol. Apparently my Mic wasn;t working as well as in the past, lol

I also think the fans were not into the game, that was suppose to disrupt that POS QB all game and they were a non factor. My buddy was there and called me during the game 3 times and said listen? Nothing...

Regardless we control our own, but it would've been nice to lock it up before the Browns game and just rest up some more.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:02 PM   #10
Goldsteel86
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432

I have to say, I was kind of impressed with the Offense last night (even with the loss), however I feel it was the players not the play calls. Ben really seemed as if he took the game on his shoulders, Wallace, Mendenhall and Sanders really stepped up, warning for the Jets, you don't want to face the Steelers in the playoffs. Wallace went against one of their best, he succeeded in my eyes, also hurry back Heath, Spaeth seems to crack to big game pressure, it is time that the offense gets "healthy" (I mean light up the scoreboard) this week!!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote