Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Clark awaits word on possible fine

Clark awaits word on possible fine
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...nt_714789.html
By Mark Kaboly
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The NFL has yet to determine whether or not it will fine Steelers safety Ryan Clark for a hit on New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards and "probably won't have anything until Friday," according to a league spokesman.

Clark was penalized 15 yards for unnecessary roughness midway through the third quarter Sunday. The infraction set up the Jets' only offensive touchdown in a 22-17 victory.

After reviewing the play, Clark believes he did nothing wrong and does not expect a fine from the league.

"No, I'm not, and I will be (ticked) off if I get it," Clark said. "It's Christmas, man. There is a picture of it in the hallway, so if I do get one I am going to hold up a picture to my face so the NFL can clearly see it."

Clark has been outspoken about the NFL's policy for fining players for what he said are normal football plays. Clark was vocal when teammate James Harrison was fined multiple times for what Clark believed were legal hits.

Clark was adamant that his hit was legal.

"I didn't hit him in the helmet," Clark said. "There wasn't any head-to-head contact. My arms are actually in front of me, and if I can't do that then I can't play football."

Clark appeared to have launched himself upward to try to dislodge the ball from a leaping Edwards when he was called for the foul.

Clark, who has yet to be fined this year, said he wouldn't change anything about how he hit Edwards if the situation would arise again.

"Ten out of 10 times I'll do the same thing," Clark said. "Running up and hugging him or waiting for him to get on the ground and jumping on his back is not going to give me the opportunity to dislodge the ball. That is what it is coming to now. Any hard hit and anything like that they are going to throw the flag and say it's not (a penalty) later."

Harrison has been fined four times for a total of $125,000, and LaMarr Woodley was docked $12,500 for a late hit on Tom Brady. Ike Taylor was fined for a preseason fight with Hakeem Nicks.

Clark believes that fine money shouldn't go to NFL charities, but should benefit the players.

"How about it goes to families and these kids who won't have insurance after the March deadline?" Clark said. "You want to take money and give it here and give it there, but how about us having no insurance? Families of five? Three kids? Put money there and take it when it is supposed to be taken."

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Clark awaits word on possible fine

I'm expecting it will come today......
There's been other plays across the league that have gotten over-looked. No way being that this play was executed by a Steelers uniform that it gets a bye.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:23 PM   #3
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Clark awaits word on possible fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I'm expecting it will come today......
There's been other plays across the league that have gotten over-looked. No way being that this play was executed by a Steelers uniform that it gets a bye.
I just don't follow anything anymore. I watch games now and that is it. Hell, I stopped subscribing to cable TV altogether. Still though... No more pouring through stats in NFL.com. It is usually nothing more than 1 hour of Steelers and 2 hours of everything else in between. I am rarely posting on here anymore. I just... Don't care. F$%K you, Roger Goodell.

Back on track... To my surprise, the Steelers had a late game, so I thought I'd catch the divisional matchup that was the Browns and Bengals.

I know that the Dhani Jones helmet-to-helmet on McCoy wasn't mentioned a single time afterwards. So I was curious... is it receiving the attention that it should? I mean, it was exactly WHAT NOT TO DO.

Any insight would be appreciated. Is this being covered/targeted? I haven't seen anything on the surface on NFL.com or ESPN.com. Thanks.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote