Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Jets melt Steelers as Pittsburgh looks ahead to an early playoff exit

Thatís right folks, the Steelers are in the playoffs despite losing, and judging by the way they played Sunday night they may as well make vacation plans for Super Bowl weekend! By the way, I did not know Steel could melt in snow, but it did.
The New York jets came in to Pittsburgh with a chip on their shoulder and a game plan. The Steelers black and white colored offense had nothing the jets need worry about. The Steelers are so vanilla on offense they may need ot change their colors to black and white, there is no gray area, we suck OUT LOUD on offense! In fact we sucked in all phases of the game Sunday as the Jets beat the Steeler 22-17 in front of a sellout crowd that was the only bright spot of the evening. The Crowd could be heard chanting DEFENSE all the way to Phithydelphia.

The Steelers special teams let us down big time again to start the game, letting Brad Smith go untouched 93 yards for a td in less than 20 seconds. The Steelers fought back to tie the game twice and even took the lead in the third quarter, then the coaches decided to all fall apart. First off to let a runback for a touchdown shows lack of preparation on special teams, but it gets worse.

The Steelers had 10 chances to win this game, and blew all ten chances. I will mention a few here, and I defy my readers to name the rest in your responses.

Bad coaching is ultimately to blame for this loss as this is the third straight home game the Steelers were not properly prepared for. Special teams put us in a hole early and near the end when we needed the hurry up offense Ariens nixed it saying we have too many new faces to execute it properly. HELLO? What happened to Tomlinís contention that players are expected to hold up to the standards? I guess that does not include offensive linemen. But when Ariens called a run play late in the game from our own two yard line (1) and had Kemoeatu pulling he must have been stoned on sensimilla! To let one of the leagues best defenders in Jason Taylor take on a third string tackle is smug, ignorant, and selfish! BLOCK DOWN on the man in front of you and let the back hit any hole, the pulling guard cost us a chance to tie with just a field goal. That call was borderline criminal; Bruce Ariens couldnít prepare mustard in Heinz without getting Catchup all over himself. We had 3 timeouts and over two minutes to drive down for the win. We ended up with Taylor invading the gap that Kemoeatu vacated and tackled Mewelde Moore in the endzone for a safety, but it still gets worse.

Penalties also hurt, and a blatant no call on a pass interference against Mike Wallace would have given the Steelers a 1st down inside the five with plenty of time, and Flozell Adams let his anger cost us 15 yards when he was pushed and he hit the guy right in front of the ref. HEY FLOZELL, your a STEEELR now, not a cryboy! We have standards here and you better get used to it! And was it Clark or McFadden that cost us another 15 yards with his helmet contact personal foul? Even if it wasnít helmet contact, he DID launch himself at the receiver, and thatís going to get a flag even if youíre a old England cheatriot. Penalties hurt, but we are good enough to survive bad calls and stupid penalties.

Grade time: FAIL Big Ben for fumbling twice, and the second time (2) he cost us yardage and time that should have given us 2-3 more shots at the end zone in the final minutes. Ben looked like a keystone cop trying to get the second fumble back, and even though Ben played fairly well, he overthrew and under threw all day which cost us time of possession. But it still gets worser and worser.

Of coarse Ariens gets a failing grade, and special teams coordinator Al Everest gets a failing grade as well, but also, and this hurts to say, but Dick LeBeau gets a big F- for his effort as well. If Troy Polamalu is the difference between winning and losing, what happens in 8 years when Troy has retired? Are we going to lose every game then? This defense is motivated, but canít seem to put any plays together with constancy. But the worst part was I seem to be the only one outside New York that knew Filthy Sanchez was gong to run a play action fake and bootleg into the end zone. I have a witness on this one, (3) as I watched the jets line up for a 4th and 1 at the Steelers 7 yard line I yelled ďwatch the play action fakeĒ, and sure enough, I watched him run it in untouched. He even had a pulling guard to block for him and didnít need it at all. How can I know what play is going to be run but not the entire Steeler team? I bet Troy knew what was going to happen.

Speaking of motivation, I like head coach Mike Tomlin, but he cant motivate people like Bill Cowher did, and right now Tomlin couldnít motivate me to drink a cold beer.

Fail the refs for the shoddy way they called the game, we got a great spot twice, and I wondered if we were going to turn the corner with the officials, but these officials were more confused than a blind man looking for his car keys.

No major injuries to report so Iíll end with asking you great Steeler fans to pick this weekís player of the game. Last week it was Polamalu by a three to 1 vote, I gave it to Hines Ward for making 10th place on the all time receiving list. That is a great achievement, especially on a run oriented team.

Time to drown my sorrows, most of you great fans will forget about this loss, or drink till you pass out, or even move on. I on the other hand get to write about the game, and this is the only time writing sucks, I get to dwell on the loss for hours while I compile what I want to write. Having you here helps, and therapy is doing wonders.

http://network.yardbarker.com/author...ternal/3824313
Old 12-21-2010, 03:50 PM   #2
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Jets melt Steelers as Pittsburgh looks ahead to an early playoff exit

Wah wah waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Go root for the Cardinals

crybaby spoiled fans piss me off
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643
Default Re: Jets melt Steelers as Pittsburgh looks ahead to an early playoff exit

Go be a ****ing Chargers fan. We had the same type of losses in '08. Hell, in '08 WE ONLY lost to playoff teams. So far, it's been no different this year. Quit yo crying.
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,927 Times in 779 Posts

What I wrote:

Wow, itís fans like you who absolutely piss me off. You are seriously writing garbage like this after one loss? I bet you were writing your suicide note after we lost to the Titans late in the 2008 season (oh by the way, we won the Super Bowl that season!) You probably threw yourself off the bridge too when Larry Fitzgerald scored the go ahead touchdown in the Super Bowl (oh by the way, we got the ball and drove 90 some yards, we won the Super Bowl that season!)

Please save this whiny ass bitchy stuff, you sound like a Sea-hag fan!
Old 12-21-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Wow, itís fans like you who absolutely piss me off. You are seriously writing garbage like this after one loss? I bet you were writing your suicide note after we lost to the Titans late in the 2008 season (oh by the way, we won the Super Bowl that season!) You probably threw yourself off the bridge too when Larry Fitzgerald scored the go ahead touchdown in the Super Bowl (oh by the way, we got the ball and drove 90 some yards, we won the Super Bowl that season!)
I remember standing on my bar chair about to cry when Fitz scored.
Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,927 Times in 779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saveus1011 View Post
I remember standing on my bar chair about to cry when Fitz scored.
When he scored, my gut dropped to my toes and my balls went to my throat. Then I looked at the time and said "This is why you draft Ben Roethlisberger first round in the 2004 NFL draft.."

Rest is history.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #7
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
When he scored, my gut dropped to my toes and my balls went to my throat. Then I looked at the time and said "This is why you draft Ben Roethlisberger first round in the 2004 NFL draft.."

Rest is history.
My friend grabbed my $300 authentic Ben Roethlisberger jersey* and screamed "YOU'VE BEEN SAYING ALL YEAR BEN IS SUPERMAN! AND RIGHT NOW HE'S GOING TO PROVE IT!!!"

When we scored, I literally jumped off my chair onto the ground and proceeded to all but have sex with my then girlfriend. Not to mention I launched my hat from one end of the bar to the next.

* - Story behind the jersey (Sure I've told it here, but I love it:) In 2005-06 Playoffs before the Colts game, I was in a sports store and saw the jersey hanging up. One of my best friends goaded me into buyin it. "If we go to the Super Bowl," I told him, "I'll buy it."

Two weeks later, I was in there getting it. We're undefeated in the playoffs with it.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #8
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,053 Times in 3,367 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

you can't say you 'melted' anyone if the win wasn't at least by 14 points
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:48 PM   #9
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,844 Times in 794 Posts

As far as I'm concerned, I haven't seen this team peak yet so I think the best is yet to come. Does that mean another Lombardi? I sure hope so.
But Watching Brady and the Patsies get handled by a newb and seeing that Peyton Manning Inc. isn't as perfect as advertised, I really don't see any team out there that's head and shoulders above anyone else, so I'd say we have a damn good chance of adding some more hardware to the showcase.

But no matter what happens from here on in, after the way we started this season and with the injuries we've had to deal with I'd say we've exceeded expectations already and if that trend keeps going...look out!

Right now I'd say the hardest thing would be coming up with a slogan. "One for the finger next to the other thumb" doesn't really ring, so I guess that's something that needs work.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:50 PM   #10
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Knockin' on 7's Door