Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2010, 04:52 PM   #21
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow
Default Re: Rod Woodson Doesn't Like Jerome Bettis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I don't think Bettis will be first ballot HOFer... But when you really look at it, he averaged under 4 yards per carry, he only got so many yards and touchdowns by staying inthe game past his prime... Though he got lucky to start in 2004 and showed he still had some game left in him after some really lackluster seasons. I really doubt he'll be on the top 10 Steelers list.
I agree. Also come playoff time, he would often choke. I recall some several untimely fumbles from Bettis. The worst was his giveaway against the Colts. They do miss his leadership, attitude and talent in the huddle though - fumbles and all. He was a good back but I don't see him as a first ballot HOF nor even cracking the top 10 of all-time great Steelers.

As for Rod, he was a great corner for the Steelers and I never blamed him in the slightest for leaving. He paid his dues, did his time and the club wouldn't cough up the dough. An NFL player's career is short and they've got to cash in while they can. I even cheered for the Ravens over the Giants in the SB solely because Rod was on the squad.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:08 PM   #22
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
even then, he was still an awesome safety. i just hate that he had good seasons with teams i hated after he left the steelers (49ers and baltimore, cant stand either)
he had nothing on ed reeds talent. im glad he never won a ring with us, he acts like the ****ing greatest steeler ever, i would of hoped if he had stayed with us that jamaal lewis would of crushed him into pieces.

p.s. jamaal charles is awesome
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzballz View Post
he had nothing on ed reeds talent. im glad he never won a ring with us, he acts like the ****ing greatest steeler ever, i would of hoped if he had stayed with us that jamaal lewis would of crushed him into pieces.

p.s. jamaal charles is awesome
........................................Troll
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:37 PM   #24
jizzballz
Banned

Quote:
........................................Troll
why because i said a ratbird player was very good and a chief that was aweosme.

get a life and stop driking the black and gold laced cool aid.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:45 PM   #25
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
why because i said a ratbird player was very good and a chief that was aweosme.

get a life and stop driking the black and gold laced cool aid.
No... I think Ed Reed has a lot more pure talent then Woodson, Reed's just a game changer though, he never shut out a reciever a whole game, and probably couldn't, he's not that physical face to face.

You're a trol because you're just saying random stuff, like Woodson thinks he's the best steeler of all time, he's very modest about his skill. Yeah so he was ****y back in the day, but he's nothign compared to the egotistic maniacs who play today who make 1 tackle on special teams and thinks they are the best ever
Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #26
jizzballz
Banned

Quote:
No... I think Ed Reed has a lot more pure talent then Woodson, Reed's just a game changer though, he never shut out a reciever a whole game, and probably couldn't, he's not that physical face to face.

You're a trol because you're just saying random stuff, like Woodson thinks he's the best steeler of all time, he's very modest about his skill. Yeah so he was ****y back in the day, but he's nothign compared to the egotistic maniacs who play today who make 1 tackle on special teams and thinks they are the best ever
you just contradicted your statement saying he was ****y, he always said he was the best, he claims he knows dick lebeau's defense so well, he played a grand total of.... 1 year with lebeau as the defensive co-ordinator.

...james farrior who has been a solid linebacker over the years has now played 7 seasons under lebeau, and 3 #1 ranked defenses, one of them a top 3 of all time.... he doesnt go around prancing his ass off...

still if ed reed was on our team back in the 90's gauranteed super bowl win, it's been baltimore's offense as to why he hasn't and probably will never win a ring.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:15 AM   #27
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
you just contradicted your statement saying he was ****y, he always said he was the best, he claims he knows dick lebeau's defense so well, he played a grand total of.... 1 year with lebeau as the defensive co-ordinator.

...james farrior who has been a solid linebacker over the years has now played 7 seasons under lebeau, and 3 #1 ranked defenses, one of them a top 3 of all time.... he doesnt go around prancing his ass off...

still if ed reed was on our team back in the 90's gauranteed super bowl win, it's been baltimore's offense as to why he hasn't and probably will never win a ring.
Dude your name is jizzballs..

And how did I contradict myself? I said he was ****y, every football is, I didn't say he claimed to be the best ever, especially since deion was better and played during the same time.

But I really don't know, maybe you're like his best friend and knows everything he says, I'm not gonna argue with you. He was a better player as a steeler than the Bus was.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 AM   #28
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

ROD is GOD:)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 06:24 AM   #29
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Woodson got burnt so much i used to just call him "toast". I never understood that "greatest player" tag. .
LOL. My father says the same thing about him. Saw him get beat in 1996 in the Astrodome with my Dad to put the game out of reach.

Mixed emotions about Bus being a Hall of Famer. I love the guy but I never thought watching him that I was seeing a Hall of Fame runner. Seemed more like a compiler year after year than one that had a 5 year great run like Marshall Faulk had. I don't know, maybe I got high standards for the Hall of Fame.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 10:10 AM   #30
jizzballz
Banned

Quote:
Dude your name is jizzballs..

And how did I contradict myself? I said he was ****y, every football is, I didn't say he claimed to be the best ever, especially since deion was better and played during the same time.

But I really don't know, maybe you're like his best friend and knows everything he says, I'm not gonna argue with you. He was a better player as a steeler than the Bus was.
who cares what my username is, a username is a username, should i rename myself rodwoodsonballcradler, perhaps that should be yours, i dont like the guy get off my back, and yes he was a better player than the bus but the way he goes around things, ed reed was and will always be so much better.