Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Should Rooney fire Tomlin and Arians and bring back Bill Cowher?

I'm sick and tired of the Tomlin/Arians pass happy offense. Commentators are saying we pass too much, former players are saying we pass too much, our WRs say we pass too much, and Rooney has said we pass too much!

Yet the Airheads twins Tomlin/Arians refuse to change and we still PASS TOo DAMN MUCH.

They will not not listen.

Fine

I say FIRE Tomiln/Arians and bring back Bill Cowher!

After all he is available.

Thoughts?
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #2
jacksolomon
Banned

Member Number: 17250
Default Re: Should Rooney fire Tomlin and Arians and bring back Bill Cowher?

We're 10-4. Calm down.
jacksolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

wow
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,140 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
I'm sick and tired of the Tomlin/Arians pass happy offense. Commentators are saying we pass too much, former players are saying we pass too much, our WRs say we pass too much, and Rooney has said we pass too much!

Yet the Airheads twins Tomlin/Arians refuse to change and we still PASS TOo DAMN MUCH.

They will not not listen.

Fine

I say FIRE Tomiln/Arians and bring back Bill Cowher!

After all he is available.

Thoughts?
There are no thoughts. My thoughts is that the past is the past and the present is the present. It took Cowher until the end of his career to win a Championship while he PISSED away all of his other opportunities going into his infamous "turtle ball" when he didn't know what else to do when pressed.

Look, I get that the personal we have right NOW doesn't necc fit Arians pass it downfield more often offense, but the facts are that if we win the AFC NORTH, that would be 3 division titles in Tomlin's 4 years here (oh and BTW: He already won a Super Bowl in his 2nd) so before you want to be firing a successful Super Bowl, young, primed, and up-coming stud of the coaching ranks, you might want to go and look over at other teams within the league like the Panthers, Bengals and Browns and see how much they'd appreciate being a Pittsburgh Steelers/Mike Tomlin fan at this time.

You, me and the rest of my Stillers Nation brothers and sisters are spoiled f*cks! Act like it!

That is all.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
There are no thoughts. My thoughts is that the past is the past and the present is the present. It took Cowher until the end of his career to win a Championship while he PISSED away all of his other opportunities going into his infamous "turtle ball" when he didn't know what else to do when pressed.

Look, I get that the personal we have right NOW doesn't necc fit Arians pass it downfield more often offense, but the facts are that if we win the AFC NORTH, that would be 3 division titles in Tomlin's 4 years here (oh and BTW: He already won a Super Bowl in his 2nd) so before you want to be firing a successful Super Bowl, young, primed, and up-coming stud of the coaching ranks, you might want to go and look over at other teams within the league like the Panthers, Bengals and Browns and see how much they'd appreciate being a Pittbsurgh Steelers/Mike Tomlin fan at this time.

That is all.
Cowher never had a QB until the end of his career either and Tomlin won't have one much longer due the beating that Ben takes from our pass happy offense.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

I liked Cowher...... With that said i remember that he also did some stupid things (see AFC Championship game vs Chargers).

I wish I had the stats regarding Cowher and how he compares to Tom Coughlin of the Giants. They are almost identical! A NY Giants fan called into a sports talk show with every thing from win loss, super bowls, etc.

IMO coaches do have to coach, but I think sometimes they are more fortunate to be part of a franchise and or system.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,140 Times in 858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Cowher never had a QB until the end of his career either and Tomlin won't have one much longer due the beating that Ben takes from our pass happy offense.
Tomlin never had the offensive line that Cowher always had either ( on another note, Cowher didn't even really NEED a QB because he ran it 90-10 most of the time anyway. Yeah, you could say QB was the missing piece, butt he dude lost like, 9 billion AFC Championships AT HOME, don't you think coaching comes into play? Like I don't know, not running Jerome Bettis inside the 5 yard line against Denver in the '97 Title game?)

Think about it, it goes hand and hand but I can't believe I'm arguing this. I loved Cowher, he WAS Pittsburgh for so long, but it's now a new era and that era is Mike Tomlin and we already are 1-0 in Super Bowls.
Old 12-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #8
SteelerEmpire
Living Legend

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 2,433 Times in 1,082 Posts

No. I don't think Cowher will have the passion he had the first time around. After he won the SB in 06' he came back the next season with a piss-poor attitude as far as his motivation was concerned. He didn't really want to be the coach anymore the year after the SB win and it showed (the team went 8-8 AND he retired after that year) in his actions and the team's.
I don't think he would stay too long if he did return. In addition, it would be a PR nightmare if the Rooney's replaced Tomlin with Cowher considering Tomlin has a very good W-L record since he came here.
No. Cowher had his time, its now Tomlin's ship. It would be kind of "weird" to have Cowher back now.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 11:30 AM   #9
bblocker14
Water Boy

Member Number: 14832

No. Tomlin's demeanor and intelligence is much more preferable to Cowher. He'll be a great, if he isn't already...........
Old 12-23-2010, 11:33 AM   #10
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,788 Times in 1,081 Posts

Tomlin just need to fire arians and hire someone with a brain and we'll be fine.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote