Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508
Default Re: Draft RB'S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
barring injury, and assuming duce doesnt get more carries than bettis did last year, i bet willie outpreforms all rookie rb's drafted this year in rushing and rec. yards.
that argument only last a year and you have used it plenty.......this will be willie's second year starting, so it's not fair to compare him to rookies that haven't touched an nfl football, you got to compare him to cadillac, ronnie, cedric, maybe even kevin jones, julius jones.....but not this years running backs
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
Most draft boards has him going to Carolina in the draft now. Is becoming unanimous almost.

Mel Kiper is still saying the Steelers will take S. Moss and i really really hope that is not the case. WR, especailly in our system and the fact we have Ward would be a very big mistake. Randle El was our # 2 last year and only had 35 catches and 1 TD receiving. I am not sure would be worth taking a Wideout so early for production i feel that Wilson, Morgan/ Washington / taking a 3rd of 4th rouner could do the same.
sandwiched between denvers #15 and 27? pick is pats and then carolina. i dont think lendale makes it past this gauntlet. looking at his resume makes me wish he would. (theres an inherrent risk if he becomes a superstar. how much money does he command and does he hold out or become a distraction to get it?

there were questions of how plex's numbers would be replaced. i always thought the combo of heath, el, and, c. wilson could easilly do it for about the same price.

smart, sb winning, cap balancing part on the steelers part. the steelers not only look at how good a player will be but how will that player fit into their projected cap structure 3-4 years down the road.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:13 PM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'd say drafting a RB in the first round is actually a longshot at this point.
Yeah I also feel that way.

I say a big back, around the third round!
Old 04-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #14
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

N.E wont be drafting White, will be Carolina
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #15
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

lendale white is going to have a good career in the NFL. I just hope its with the steelers
Old 04-13-2006, 03:26 AM   #16
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Did I hear that punters were benching more than he was? And he is now being compared to Clarrett? Damn I sure hope not. If any of this is even close to being true, the Steelers would have none of it.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I doubt White even lasts until the Carolina pick. He's from Denver, and the scuttlebutt is that the Bronco's have promised a "player originally from Denver" that they would pick him at #15.

Might also explain why he seemed only half-heartedly interested in performing for other teams in the offseason.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,654 Times in 4,010 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I doubt White even lasts until the Carolina pick. He's from Denver, and the scuttlebutt is that the Bronco's have promised a "player originally from Denver" that they would pick him at #15.

Might also explain why he seemed only half-heartedly interested in performing for other teams in the offseason.
theres also word that a team almost encouraged him not to run for fear of his value going even higher, putting him out of their range. tatum bell and him would be one hell of a combo.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:00 PM   #19
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

With the signing of Harrison to a 4 year deal, i am thinking a RB will be taking in first two rounds. Staley will get more carries than Bettis did this past year and i have a feeling that he will be running the ball more than most think. Staley will run into problems i am sure since he could have some trouble running up that middle. Staley will be fresh since he hasnt played alot in a year and a half and when healthy he is pretty damn good. i posted elsewhere i think we will go OL, RB, WR first three rounds of this draft since we signed Harrison till 2009. Not sure who will be available at RB for us, I would like Moroney or White to fill that role for us.

If everyone gone in first round as projected, I think will be a OL we take, then best WR or RB availabe for the next two rounds and 3 picks in 4th will give us even more depth at OL/ S/ CB/ plus two picks in 5th which we can still take a quality OL/ DE /NT and 6th and 7th where we may need that we didnt address.... I am thinking this is going to be a great draft !!!!!!! wooooooooooohoooooooooo
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:02 PM   #20
Volpe1564
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
Mel Kiper is still saying the Steelers will take S. Moss.

yea know the more i get into the draft each year the more i realize Mel Kiper doesnt know his A55 form a hole in the ground. yea sure i could pick the first 3 maybe 5 hell even 10 if im lucky. but when you get into the bottom of the round he is so far off sometimes its funny. let get one thing straight: PITTSBURGH WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE FROM "DA U". felons, drugdealers, murderers and overall dirtballs will go to the ravens . last time i checked Mami isnt really know for their players having character(Sean Taylor, Kellon Winslow Jr. is the first few to come to mind thinking of this season past)......lol

and as far as duce goes......lol we Are taking a running back in the first few rounds LOL

dont like my politics?? dont voice yours and i will not voice mine
Volpe1564 is offline   Reply With Quote