Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 04-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #11
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: NASCAR to reprimand Biffle's girlfriend

I guess that was a coup for Miller Lite, since I actually remember the product being shilled...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #12
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
moreso than any other sport or even entertainment event (except maybe the circus), nascar, and racing in general, is a family ordeal. its one of the things that gives nascar such great and growing appeal. families put on the show, and families pay to see the show. im willing to bet there isnt a driver in nascar who doesnt have family menbers as an employee of their team. before these drivers made it big, they didnt have teams, just family and friends who contributed and got them started and gave them the support. i think its pretty cool to see joe nemechecks (sponsored by the army) mom in the pits in her fatigues dressed like a drill sgt. rustys mom runs his fanclub, ryans dad drives his motor coach. kahnes brother works in the pits. wives such as d. harvick, and b. gordon become team owners. as long as kids arent running around pit road, getting in peoples way or getting hurt, im all for family members being there.
If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. If NASCAR wants to be taken seriously as a respected and ever growing sport to include all cultures, they need to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of that respect. No other sport, expect maybe the WWF (which is an entertainment type thing as opposed to an actual sport) condones such behavior on the sidelines. Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 08:57 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,399 Times in 3,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. If NASCAR wants to be taken seriously as a respected and ever growing sport to include all cultures, they need to conduct themselves in a manner befitting of that respect. No other sport, expect maybe the WWF (which is an entertainment type thing as opposed to an actual sport) condones such behavior on the sidelines. Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all.
the teams hire who they want working for them. not nascar. thats why both these ladies were in the pits. they were keeping lap times with the stopwatch. someone has to do it. they just so happen to do it for free and pretend they are actually involved. not all wives do this, only those who are actually willing to get that involved. otherwise most are in the motor coach watching the race or lifetime channel on t.v. its not like theirs wives and kids dodging cars on pit row while the race is on. if fans are allowed to be in the infield during a race families will be too.

pit crew members have gotten in altercations for years. it would be pretty sexist to suggest a female pit crew member couldnt do the same.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #14
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
the teams hire who they want working for them. not nascar. thats why both these ladies were in the pits. they were keeping lap times with the stopwatch. someone has to do it. they just so happen to do it for free and pretend they are actually involved. not all wives do this, only those who are actually willing to get that involved. otherwise most are in the motor coach watching the race or lifetime channel on t.v. its not like theirs wives and kids dodging cars on pit row while the race is on. if fans are allowed to be in the infield during a race families will be too.

pit crew members have gotten in altercations for years. it would be pretty sexist to suggest a female pit crew member couldnt do the same.
Who is being sexist? I don't care if it's a male or a female. If they're not on the crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. And how do you know that this stuff won't get totally out of control in the future if it is allowed to continue? We're not talking about the infield. We're talking about the pits, and if a male and/or female can't control their behavior, they shouldn't be there and should get reprimanded.

So sorry if that ruins your little catfight scenarios. Too bad, so sad.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:06 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
Who is being sexist? I don't care if it's a male or a female. If they're not on the crew, they shouldn't be in the pits. And how do you know that this stuff won't get totally out of control in the future if it is allowed to continue? We're not talking about the infield. We're talking about the pits, and if a male and/or female can't control their behavior, they shouldn't be there.
the pits are within the parameters of the nfield, but that is semantics. whose accusing anyone of being sexist. i just stated a point along the lines that teresa earnhardt shouldnt be allowed in the pitbox because she is a mommy and not a legitimate team owner like r. childress or a pit crew member. did you know the person who keeps time on stopwatches, spotters, hauler drivers are considered pit crew members. also nascar issues these people the same passes as pitcrew members.

i stand by my initial point. nascar is truly a family sport and you will never be able to take the family out of nascar. its a futile effort.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:12 PM   #16
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
the pits are within the parameters of the nfield, but that is semantics. whose accusing anyone of being sexist. i just stated a point along the lines that teresa earnhardt shouldnt be allowed in the pitbox because she is a mommy and not a legitimate team owner like r. childress or a pit crew member. did you know the person who keeps time on stopwatches, spotters, hauler drivers are considered pit crew members. also nascar issues these people the same passes as pitcrew members.

i stand by my initial point. nascar is truly a family sport and you will never be able to take the family out of nascar. its a futile effort.
Who is contesting that NASCAR isn't a family sport and wants to take the family out of NASCAR? Seems to me, tony, that you're the one who isn't getting the point, which is that crew members, family or not, should control their behavior. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend. Doh!

You can keep talking out of both ends all you want. Doesn't matter to me...(lol).
Old 04-13-2006, 09:22 PM   #17
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #18
tony hipchest

this point.......:
Quote:
the point, which is that crew members, family or not, should control their behavior. It's not that hard of a concept to comprehend. Doh!
..........is a far cry from this one:

"If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits..................... Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all."

tell me which end you are speaking out of so we can possibly see "EYE TO EYE"

fact is kurts and gregs gf's ARE members of the pit crew and team so i dont know how you can suggest they shouldnt be there.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:57 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,669 Times in 1,584 Posts

i just wanna know why some people think these altercations are bad,or make the sport look bad? i mean here it is several days after the fact,and what are people talkining about? the great racing? nope.its that small meaningless altercation. it adds the drama that fans crave.hell usually the fans cheer the louder during the little scuffles than they do the racing.and what gets more media coverage after the race? the race, or the fight after or during the race? all week long,after the bristol race,all the media talked about was,who will get the payback at martinsville. the emotions involved is what adds the extra element of excitement to the race. it would be a shame to loose that.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 10:02 PM   #20
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Quote:
this point.......:

..........is a far cry from this one:

"If they're not on the pit crew, they shouldn't be in the pits..................... Everyone's mommy/wives/girlfriends can watch the race just as well from an area designated for family members outside the pits if they aren't part of the pit crew, and could then be permitted into Victory Lane to enjoy the celebration should their boy have the good fortune to get there. It shouldn't be a free for all."

tell me which end you are speaking out of so we can possibly see "EYE TO EYE"

fact is kurts and gregs gf's ARE members of the pit crew and team so i dont know how you can suggest they shouldnt be there.

You and I will not see eye to eye on this subject because you just don't get it. Nice try, though, trying to throw sexism and all your other garbage into the mix.

It is NASCAR, and not the teams, who rules the roost and will continue to do so. But you already know that. You don't feel that people should be responsible for their behavior in the pits. After all, you couldn't even answer the question I posed guaranteeing that things couldn't get totally out of control in the pits in the future if such behavior is condoned. Could it be because you can't control your own behavior? Or is it because you'd rather see some raunchy catfight between women in spite of what NASCAR is trying to make of the sport? I do believe that pit crew members should be responsible for their behavior, and so does NASCAR. After all, it's one of those crew member's behavior that resulted in the title of this thread, isn't it? And NASCAR, not Biffle's pit crew, is handing out the reprimand.

But thanks for playing. Come again.