Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-31-2010, 06:56 AM   #61
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: I think the NFL Vetoed Ben in Top 10 Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg View Post
Every other post of your's is a negative about Roethlisberger. The D did give up the lead in the game and the O-line did hold in the endzone for a saftey! Give credit were it is due hater. BTW Warner did play a great SB with the help of a few great plays by Fitz and Boldin! When your blowing Warner remember he wasnt throwing to himself!
Hahaha! At the very least, try to be consistent in your reasoning. If Warner needed the help of Fitzgerald and Boldin (you forgot Breaston by the way), the same applied to Ben with Holmes, Ward and Miller.
Am I negative about Ben? No more and no less than with any other Steeler. When he plays well, I admit it, when he sucks I admit it, and when he acts like a moron off the field, I don't put the blame on others.
Maybe I expect more from a guy making over $100M than you?

Last edited by plenewken; 12-31-2010 at 10:02 AM.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:43 AM   #62
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,968 Times in 892 Posts
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, okay. Misunderstood. I thought you meant that he's not "a" top Steelers QB yet. I would definitely agree that he's not "the" top Steelers QB, though he could potentially surpass Terry if he keeps at it. That remains to be seen, however,

I do believe wholeheartedly though that Bradshaw benefited from being on a better overall team, whereas the current Steelers (and the Steelers that Ben won championships won with in 05 and 08) while, very good, do not come close to the the level of talent that was on the 70's team. Ben does have a little less to work with than Bradshaw, and his team does have to play within the confines of bullsh** NFL rules that were implemented in recent years.

Quote:
Ummm.... it isn't close to the level of talent that the 70's team competed against, either.

Quote:
+ tax
and tip
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 11:02 AM   #63
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
A lot of athletes come into training camp out of shape... training camp is to get them in shape, but the great ones get better every offseason. Rice, Payton, Sanders, all worked out constantly in the off season... But then again these are skill positioins, I don't remember Elway ever being in the best shape, but I don't recall him or Ben ever comming out of the game for a snap or 2 because they were out of breathe after running around in the backfield for like 10 seconds, then running.
I guess the QB position isn't a skill position ? So your saying. My point is the one poster said Ben's hard working. Nothing could be further from reality. For years it has been reported that he has been the last one on the practice field and the first one off.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 12:10 PM   #64
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
I guess the QB position isn't a skill position ? So your saying. My point is the one poster said Ben's hard working. Nothing could be further from reality. For years it has been reported that he has been the last one on the practice field and the first one off.
Nah, you're just a Ben hater .............. like me.
Old 12-31-2010, 12:48 PM   #65
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Hahaha! At the very least, try to be consistent in your reasoning. If Warner needed the help of Fitzgerald and Boldin (you forgot Breaston by the way), the same applied to Ben with Holmes, Ward and Miller.
Am I negative about Ben? No more and no less than with any other Steeler. When he plays well, I admit it, when he sucks I admit it, and when he acts like a moron off the field, I don't put the blame on others.
Maybe I expect more from a guy making over $100M than you?
You're cumming in your pants talking about Warner and at the same time crediting the the Steelers D And you're talking about consistancy?
Old 12-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #66
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
People ways consider recievers and running backs skill positions :P

I'm not going to disagree that Ben probably never works out in the weight room or on the track, but he's always watched a lot of film. Though a couple years he had too big of an ego for himself to handle and didn't work as hard then, but he worked hard his first could years and this past year... only because he was suspended but still lol.

Why are we argueing how hard of a worker he is anyways, he's winning games and not throwing interceptions, so he must be doing something right.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:50 PM   #67
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by figg View Post
You're cumming in your pants talking about Warner and at the same time crediting the the Steelers D And you're talking about consistancy?
Quit digging your hole, dude, really.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM   #68
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Quit digging your hole, dude, really.
dude, really. lol
Old 12-31-2010, 07:39 PM   #69
rich4eagle
Starter

Member Number: 399

Quote:
Just curious why you would say Ben is hard working ? I cant remember one off season where he ever came to camp in shape ? This year Ben came to camp with more chins than a Chinese phone book !

Ben just does what he does plays hard gets hammered comes back gets hammered and OH YEAH WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS

and plays best in crunch time over and over

disregarding that is well the substance of fools
rich4eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:56 AM   #70
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich4eagle View Post
Ben ................... and plays best in crunch time over and over .................
True, but without our D, there wouldn't be a crunch time cause we'd be too far behind.
I wish him and the offense could be more efficient during the first 57mn. ............. I'm just sayin'

Happy New Year to all Steelers fans.