Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 12-26-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default Why I really like this team

Forget that they are 11-4, forget they are going to the playoffs, forget they play lights out D and have all the pieces (minus a few key ones on the o-line) on offense to do it again.

I like this team because you can tell they all play for each other. There are no superstar egos here. I think they are the closest knit team in the NFL. I loved the prank they pulled on pouncey during the christmas carol Thursday night. I loved that they showed the weekly attack on casey hampton. If you didn't see that, I think it was post-show when they were interviewing wallace. He said it's a weekly tradition. They get 2 or 3 guys to hold him down and try to steal his shoe. It was hilarious. He looked like a turtle on it's back when they were holding him down.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #2
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483
Default Re: Why I really like this team

I like the record, however we got away with a few.

Other then the opener vs Atlanta, what game stands out to you?

without a couple of these pieces on offense I'm affraid the carriage may turn back into a pumpkin
Old 12-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

We got away with a few,but we also had a few CLEARLY taken away from us!As far as them attacking Hampton,funny yea,but I thought to myself,it looked like they were going to sprain his ankle!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Tenn. Even though we played softy late and they threatened to come back...I still think that game sent a message. We completely demoralized that offense, especially chris johnson and vince young. That game really set the tone that the first game wasn't a fluke, that being without ben wasn't going to be an automatic death sentence to this team.

We took a rolling Oakland team that beat us last year and completely trounced em. Not even close... We played NO tough but sputtered on offense. They were the first team to match our intensity. Still holding them to 20 pts should of been enough, but again, the offense had a tough time punching it in the endzone. I think this problem will have to solved in order for us to do any damage in the end zone. But that's not a huge problem to overcome, it's just up to the players to execute.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
offense had a tough time punching it in the endzone. I think this problem will have to solved in order for us to do any damage in the end zone. But that's not a huge problem to overcome, it's just up to the players to execute.
2010 season

Red Zone rank 26 Pittsburgh (11-4) 44.44%

Not a huge problem because over the last 3 games %33.33

I wish I could find the update to the wonderful stat of Red Zone visits. I believe after the Bengals game it was 2 tds in 30 visits to the Red Zone. The question is who do we need the player to execute?
Old 12-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #6
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
2010 season

Red Zone rank 26 Pittsburgh (11-4) 44.44%

Not a huge problem because over the last 3 games %33.33

I wish I could find the update to the wonderful stat of Red Zone visits. I believe after the Bengals game it was 2 tds in 30 visits to the Red Zone. The question is who do we need the player to execute?
We have to keep to many players into block! The recievers are still young and green the red zone makes that more evident.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:56 AM   #7
uclkyle
Water Boy

Member Number: 17560

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. I don't really like this team. Red zone offense is terrible, special teams have been aweful lately, untested kicker, no punter, running game is inconsistent, and the defense is vulnerale without Aaron Smith and Troy. Their helth is a big question mark. This is a GOOD team, but not a GREAT team, like the 2008 team. We also seriously lack a big play WR.
uclkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 AM   #8
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Quote:
Originally Posted by uclkyle View Post
Unfortunately, I have to disagree. I don't really like this team. Red zone offense is terrible, special teams have been aweful lately, untested kicker, no punter, running game is inconsistent, and the defense is vulnerale without Aaron Smith and Troy. Their helth is a big question mark. This is a GOOD team, but not a GREAT team, like the 2008 team. We also seriously lack a big play WR.
Wallace isn't a big play WR?

What else don't you like? The #2 seed is not good enough orr?

Some of you guys cannot be pleased.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:35 AM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
You mean the 2008 where the ST's were worse (and ranked lower) and Sepulveda was on IR the whole year and they had Berger and *shudder* Ernster? Or the 2008 where the offense was actually ranked lower than now and Ben was throwing almost as many picks as TDs? Or when the running was even more inconsistent with Parker as the starter and Moore and Russell backing him up since Mendenhall was on IR for most of the season. The only thing that was better that year was the pass defense.

I think sometimes people just want to remember little highlight moments from that year, because this team was being bashed just as much (if not more so) for it's offensive woes and special teams needs that year. I don't know what you saw that was "great" other than the pass defense being better, but you may need to go re-watch some regular season games from that year. They squeaked by offensively A LOT that year. More than this year.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:44 AM   #10
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
I'd critique your post even more, but I think you've had enough. People need to pause a moment before they click the "Submit Reply" button.