Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 AM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Power Ranking For Real

OK...Here we go. Who's most likely to win the Super Bowl

1. Patriots - People can pretend they are not scared but they are. The Pats have scored 31 or more points in 10 of their 15 games including their last 7 straight. They are legit and now have home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

2. Saints -They are starting to click again...very formidable

3. Eagles -Vick is something else. They have a good shot.

4. Packers -Now looking like they will get in, nobody should want to play them.

5. Steelers - Good team. If they can sure up the pass D and improve in the Red Zone, they have a great shot

6. Ravens -Excellent team week after week. This could be their year.

7. Falcons -despite their awesome record at home (Matty Ice 19-1) and home field advantage throughout the playoffs, I just feel they are missing something the Saints, Eagles and Packers have so they will be beat.

8. Colts - If their defense would start playing well, Peyton is always a candidate to put up points and this could prove to be useful.

9. Jets - Fluky team with fluky wins. Their luck will eventually run out.

10. Bears -If Cutler could cut down on their mistakes, they would have a small shot.

11. Chiefs - No chance in hell. I wouldn't be shocked if they win one or 2 playoff games but 3 won't happen.

12. Rams- bless their hearts. They will lose to the Saints in the WC.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:33 AM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Power Ranking For Real

MY Playoff predictions:

AFC

#6 Jets Defeat #3 Chiefs
#4 Colts Defeat #5 Ravens

#1 Patriots Defeat # 6 Jets
#2 Steelers Defeat #4 Colts

#1 Patriots Defeat #2 Steelers

NFC

#6 Packers defeat #3 Bears
#5 Saints defeat #4 Rams

#6 Packers defeat #1 Falcons
#5 Saints defeat #2 Eagles

#5 Saints defeat #6 Packers

Superbowl
Patriots defeat Saints
Old 12-27-2010, 04:47 AM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm not convinced the Colts are a lock, nor the Rams. Also, Chiefs will beat the Jets, and we'll beat the Patriots the second time around.

Super Bowl is ours over Atlanta (although I'd like to see the Eagles).
Old 12-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #4
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
5. Steelers - Good team. If they can sure up the pass D and improve in the Red Zone, they have a great shot

6. Ravens -Excellent team week after week. This could be their year.
so the noted flawed , but "good" team , is ranked ahead of the consistently "excellent" team ...... or does good trump excellent in your vocabulary ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
so the noted flawed , but "good" team , is ranked ahead of the consistently "excellent" team ...... or does good trump excellent in your vocabulary ?
Home field advantage...that's it. Also Ben has had the Raven's number. The edge is ever so slight.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm not convinced the Colts are a lock, nor the Rams. Also, Chiefs will beat the Jets, and we'll beat the Patriots the second time around.

Super Bowl is ours over Atlanta (although I'd like to see the Eagles).
I think the Colts are a lock to get in if that's what you mean. They will beat Tenn.

I'd like it if the Chiefs could beat the Jets. That was my interesting scenario because then we would play the Chiefs. It is definitely possible. Also the Chiefs could beat us.

I'm hopeful we can win the Superbowl...but I wouldn't bet on it with the Pats in our lane.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
SteelKnight
Team President

This was not a year of parity in the league. Only one team will make the playoffs with less than 10 wins and 9 are likely to have at least 11 wins. This year the truly qualified are making it. Just look at the WC teams ...Baltimore, Jets, Saints, Packers...all very good.

The other thing is early in the year, the AFC looked stronger but now aside from NE, the NFC looks stronger.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

i still don't get what bmore has done to earn the "excellent" tag. they've only won 3 games by more than a td. with their "signature" win being against carolina.
good teams beat the teams they should beat. excellent teams destroy the teams they should beat.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
This was not a year of parity in the league. Only one team will make the playoffs with less than 10 wins and 9 are likely to have at least 11 wins. This year the truly qualified are making it. Just look at the WC teams ...Baltimore, Jets, Saints, Packers...all very good.

The other thing is early in the year, the AFC looked stronger but now aside from NE, the NFC looks stronger.
After 16 weeks, you'd think the "truly qualified" would always get in. However, it's odd that you picked this year, of all of them, to make that statement. I say odd, given the situation in the NFC Worst.

I suspect you're not as enamored with the AFC because one of your early-season darlings - the Chargers - are out. That, and Indy is finally fading. Am I wrong? As far as actual inter-conference record, the AFC, as always, still holds the edge: 34-30.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #10
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
i still don't get what bmore has done to earn the "excellent" tag. they've only won 3 games by more than a td. with their "signature" win being against carolina.
good teams beat the teams they should beat. excellent teams destroy the teams they should beat.
I've see quite a few of their games. Of the 4 they lost, they gave the Patriots and the Falcons a good run and could have potentially beat either. Regarding the Steelers loss, they sort of dominated and if it were not for that one Polamalu play, it would have been different. The only poor show was against the bengals but that was early. Give them props for beating both the Jets and the Saints...two teams we couldn't handle.

Even though I say excellent, their offense still never reached the level I had expected.