Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #11
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

NO COMMENT BS TOO FUNNY SO U PAY LAWYERS ALL THIS MONEY AND THEY TELL u to say no comment..then just because sum guy on the steelers board says he should say sumthin he should???? bllllllwwlwlwahhahahhha too f-in funny blllallwllwwhahahha
caseyviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #12
UF-Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12845
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

Also, Ben says no comment because it is his right and I am sure his high priced lawyer told him to say it. It's always better to say nothing in this situation. I'm sure if he didn't have good representation he would end up saying something dumb and getting himself in more trouble.
UF-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

He has been saying no comment because anything he says regarding the case, becomes public record and evidence in court. He is likely working under the advice of his legal team; it's the more conservative approach. If he is going to court, we'll find out the truth-- our legal system is good at solving these ones.

If McNulty was bragging about the encounter, and also read elsewhere that she snatched up Ben's contact info from the Harrah's customer database (which is in violation of some privacy something-or-other), to try and arrange an "accidental run-in" with him in PIttsburgh to see if he would marry her. She thought she was carrying a Ben love-child at the time.

His lawyers also have the classic Erin Brockavitch approach (attack plaintiff's character). One of her former trainers is the one that provided her incriminating, bragging emails into evidence. She talks in one statement about how this McNulty is of seeming "promiscuous attitude"-- having needing to be talked to about her revealing clothes/work attire on more than one occaision. Maybe she is being paid off by Harrah's or Ben's lawyer, or maybe not-- she said she did not want to see an innocent man get charged with something like this and felt compelled to come forward with this info and the emails.

There is a lot of info out there on both cases. Unfortunately, most of it comes from sources like TMZ and whatnot. The Post Gazette however, posted all the evidence package from the devil went down to Georgia case as well. That one is a whole lot less convincing when you read the whole package too.

Could be a good thing if the truth is finally brought to light. Or maybe not-- I will be very interested to see what comes up. If he comes up looking guilty, there is no way I am giving props to a rapist. Then he can get the hell off my team.

But until then, I think Ben is doing good. I tend to think he isn't guilty of anything malicious, or the team wouldn't warm up to him at all, even with all the "reformed" talk. For the msot part, the Rooney's run a pretty clean lockerroom as I understand it, and most of the guys on the team are of descent character (and wouldn't support a rapist, even a former friend or coworker).

It's all circumstantial, I know, but that's all we have for now. I think though, if the truth weer to come out, it might be embarassing for Ben (in that he was behaving like a typical 20-something guy out drunk), but will be a good thing, because it might finally clear his name. He didn't rape anybody, that's my opinion as of right now until shown otherwise. I mean, the chick in Georgia and her friends, they followed him from two other bars like lost puppy dogs. They were even pinching him on the arm the whole night as he was originally trying to ignore their advances.

He is guilty of going out and engaging in some of the same drunk drama that any of us did at the bar or club on a Friday/Sat on any given weekend during our twenties, guys and gals. He is famous, so his foibles end up making news, whereas we just get our buddies/homegirls busting our asses for our drunken starlett with one of the local barflies the night b4 (that we might not even remember-- those classic, "ewwww, get a hotel, you two!!!" moments). He needs to find him a nice semi-celebrity girlfriend (like that German WPGA chick) who has no reason to sue him and settle down and get married like Drew Brees, Tom Brady, and the other guys out there.

Last edited by Riddle_Of_Steel; 12-28-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Riddle_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #14
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

She could be a nutcase but I don't believe the gold digger side of her. Her lawyers offered a settlement last year that Ben and his lawyers rejected. The money was to be paid to a charity, not to her and they were not millions but a hundred thousand bucks.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/09/b...mands-apology/
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:20 PM   #15
fat4jc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3201

Settlement = admission of guilt in the eyes of the public. Do you want Ben to clear his name, or look like more of a sleezeball by appearing to pay someone off?
fat4jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat4jc View Post
Settlement = admission of guilt in the eyes of the public. Do you want Ben to clear his name, or look like more of a sleezeball by appearing to pay someone off?
I was responding to the posters accusing Ms McNulty of being a gold digger.
Ben has already lost a lot of credibility in the eyes of the public so accepting a settlement wouldn't make much difference on this aspect. He'll have more to lose in Court where he'll have to answer all questions and everything will be scrutinized, including the second incident in GA.
Just a small minority in the public believes that Ben is completely innocent in both cases. Not guilty is one thing, but completely innocent is another.
Maybe he didn't assault her and it was consensual sex but bottom line is he has a knack for putting himself in trouble with wacky broads.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #17
jacksolomon
Banned

Member Number: 17250

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
She could be a nutcase but I don't believe the gold digger side of her. Her lawyers offered a settlement last year that Ben and his lawyers rejected. The money was to be paid to a charity, not to her and they were not millions but a hundred thousand bucks.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/09/b...mands-apology/
I wonder why her initial suit for $400K didn't include the charity? To me, that settlement offer is nothing more than an attempt to save face when Ben refused to simply pay the $400K to make the case "go away."
jacksolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:41 PM   #18
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksolomon View Post
I wonder why her initial suit for $400K didn't include the charity? To me, that settlement offer is nothing more than an attempt to save face when Ben refused to simply pay the $400K to make the case "go away."
That's exactly what I thought. She had been made to look pretty bad and I think this was an effort to intentionally not look like a gold digger and a nut case.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:59 PM   #19
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
The courts havent thrown it out, so I guess thats all that matters. I'm sick of people in the spotlight hiding behind the no comment B.S. ! Some people cant get enough of the spotlight and then when theres some heat put on them they go in hiding !
So you want him to say something like: "Yeah, I banged her like a screen door. I was trashed and she looked ****ty. When I was finished she droned on and on about what "we" were going to do over the coming months, so I threw her used carcass out just to sleep off the alcohol. What's a pro athlete supposed to do? Now she's suing me."

I'm sure that will help him through a lawsuit.

Oh, BTW, Ben has been known for avoiding the press so I wouldn't couple him in the group of people looking for the spotlight until something negative comes up.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM   #20
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
That's exactly what I thought. She had been made to look pretty bad and I think this was an effort to intentionally not look like a gold digger and a nut case.
She already looks bad. LOL You expect me to believe ben would want her? SMH. This woman is and always will be nutz. Anytime you tell someone, your having his "Child" There's something mentally wrong with you . I hope this thing gets dropped soon. it's so pointless.