Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-28-2010, 05:56 PM   #21
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
That's exactly what I thought. She had been made to look pretty bad and I think this was an effort to intentionally not look like a gold digger and a nut case.
Regardless of her ultimate motives, they both will be in Court one day and I don't know who, between her and Ben has more to lose.
Ben's suspension for violating the NFL personal conduct policy is not gonna help him in the NV case. I'm just sayin'
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Sexual assault lawsuit against Roethlisberger still lingers in Nevada court syste

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
That's exactly what I thought. She had been made to look pretty bad and I think this was an effort to intentionally not look like a gold digger and a nut case.

This whole thing is potentially a really scary situation for anyone in the game (or anyone at all for that matter...)
If you happen to cross paths with some nutcase-crazy, loose cannon, they can completely drag you and your name through the mud. For attention, for notoriety, for money, whatever...
It could happen to you and me too.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Has he ever been charged? arrested? or taken in for litigation? Then who cares what some gold digging psychopath said?
Unfortunately in this country guilt or inocence plays little part in a civil suit. Just look at O.J. even though the courts found him inocent (personally I think he was guilty as hell) he was still sued for wrongful death in a civil suit.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:35 PM   #24
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
Unfortunately in this country guilt or inocence plays little part in a civil suit. Just look at O.J. even though the courts found him inocent (personally I think he was guilty as hell) he was still sued for wrongful death in a civil suit.
There is no such thing as guilt or innocence in a civil suit, might be why it plays such a little part. #just saying.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 11:36 PM   #25
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

How is this even news?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #26
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersinCA View Post
There is no such thing as guilt or innocence in a civil suit, might be why it plays such a little part. #just saying.
The point I was trying to at is that under our legal system is doesn't matter if you did it or not you can always find some scumbag lawyer to file a civil suit.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 AM   #27
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
This whole thing is potentially a really scary situation for anyone in the game (or anyone at all for that matter...)
If you happen to cross paths with some nutcase-crazy, loose cannon, they can completely drag you and your name through the mud. For attention, for notoriety, for money, whatever...
It could happen to you and me too.
It sure can... IF YOUR CAUGHT HAVING SEX IN PUBLIC BATHROOMS !!!! If your a decent person maybe you would you get a hotel room or back to your house to do those things. If not you get what you have coming.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:18 AM   #28
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
It sure can... IF YOUR CAUGHT HAVING SEX IN PUBLIC BATHROOMS !!!! If your a decent person maybe you would you get a hotel room or back to your house to do those things. If not you get what you have coming.
Dude, is Ben trying to date your daughter or something? You weren't there but you want justice or an explanation or whatever it is you seem to want so much? Ben owes you nothing. If you don't like that he's the quarterback of your favorite team then quit watching. Seriously, you're sounding more like the nutcase the McNutty chick is!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #29
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by grward View Post
Dude, is Ben trying to date your daughter or something? You weren't there but you want justice or an explanation or whatever it is you seem to want so much? Ben owes you nothing. If you don't like that he's the quarterback of your favorite team then quit watching. Seriously, you're sounding more like the nutcase the McNutty chick is!
DUDE, I dont have kids. Second this poster is making it like you cant leave your house without someone accusing you of a crime or suing you ! !! Gimme a break, Ben at the very least was having sex in a public bathroom ...right ? Yes. If you as NFL Qb wanna put yourself in that type of situation then you can expect that this kinda thing may happen to you. You pick up some strange in a college bar and have sex in a bathroom, you have no idea what type of person your dealing with. So in my book thats the risk you take. Whats makes that so crazy ?

Why dont you let Mike Vick walk your dogs .... Or maybe Ron Mexico date your daughter.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #30
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRick View Post
The point I was trying to at is that under our legal system is doesn't matter if you did it or not you can always find some scumbag lawyer to file a civil suit.
I'm curious, do you believe in our legal system? If you do then you shouldn't be so quick to defend someone just because he qb's your favorite football team. What if there is some merit to her claim? What you are supposed to do is not rush to judgement and hear the facts and then make a decision.

You've already decided she's a liar simply because she accused a steeler. That's more a perversion of justice than any scum bag lawyer could do.