Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-29-2010, 12:00 PM   #21
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Steelers who got the Pro Bowl snub (Timmons)

Im getting tired of people always overrating Ike so much, he's not great, he hasn't been great this year (a lot better than our other corners, don't get me wrong, but I think some people are confusing "not completely horrible" corner play with "great" corner play), and he is NOT having a Pro Bowl year. He's simply not and never will be on the level of guys like Nnamdi, Revis, etc. Hell he didn't even have a top 5 year in the AFC alone this year let alone the NFL, I would give Nnamdi, Revis, Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Quentin Jammer, hell even Devin Mcourty all the nod before Ike
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Im getting tired of people always overrating Ike so much, he's not great, he hasn't been great this year (a lot better than our other corners, don't get me wrong, but I think some people are confusing "not completely horrible" corner play with "great" corner play), and he is NOT having a Pro Bowl year. He's simply not and never will be on the level of guys like Nnamdi, Revis, etc. Hell he didn't even have a top 5 year in the AFC alone this year let alone the NFL, I would give Nnamdi, Revis, Brandon Flowers, Champ Bailey, Quentin Jammer, hell even Devin Mcourty all the nod before Ike
I'll give you McCourty, Flowers and Bailey, but the others, especially Revis who wasn't even the best on his own team, didn't out play Ike this season! It's a flippin' popularity contest....
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:52 PM   #23
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Ike isn't as flashy as the "top" corners in the league, doesn't get a lot of pics etc. he just comes to work and by and large does his job. As far as I am concerned he is vastly under rated.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 01:08 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,077 Times in 3,450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
as for timmons, he had a great year but i dont consider him as being snubbed. the players selected at ILB had just as good a year if not better. you can pick 8 players that deserved to go at each position but what it really comes down to is how well your known. we can argue every position in the pro bowl because there are so many players with similar stats
exactly how did ray lewis or mayo have as good of a year. other than having a few more tackles the numbers dont support that. as for being an impact player all over the field, the other 2 are left behind.

as for wallace a case can be made. he was 6th in the league in receiving yards.

he has more yards and tds than NFC pro bowlers desean jackson, and more yds but 3 fewer td's than calvin johnson.

unfortunately wallace doesnt have a cool nickname (or size) like "megatron" and he doesnt have all the antics or do all the taunting like jackson (he also doesnt get the exposure playing with vick).

if he were in the NFC and didnt make it, it would definitely be a snub. i agree he has had bigger impact than reggie wayne. hard to put him in over the likes of bowe, a. johnson, and b. lloyd, though.

im just glad that in his 2nd year he has proven he is already a top 10 WR (something santonio could never say).

his time will come.
Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Wayne has 1287 and 5td's
Wallace has 1152 and 9td's plus played with his backup 4 games
Given the historical nature of the pro bowl selection process, I'm not shocked nor upset. No one can say Reggie Wayne doesn't deserve to be there, even if Wallace deserves it more. Given his name, Wayne will make it over Wallace 9 out of 10 times with virtually identical stats, and 6 out of 10 times with worse stats. That's just the way it is.

But as far as the excuses, well those arguments don't hold any water. Sorry. Nobody is complaining that Steve Smith isn't in the pro bowl, even though he had some sorry bums throwing him the ball in all 16 games. Larry Fitzgerald can't help it he had 2 different rookie and (it gets worse) Derek Anderson starting at quarterback, yet he won't be playing in Honolulu either - despite the fact he's better. Tough luck, not snubbed.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM   #26
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
exactly how did ray lewis or mayo have as good of a year. other than having a few more tackles the numbers dont support that. as for being an impact player all over the field, the other 2 are left behind.

as for wallace a case can be made. he was 6th in the league in receiving yards.

he has more yards and tds than NFC pro bowlers desean jackson, and more yds but 3 fewer td's than calvin johnson.

unfortunately wallace doesnt have a cool nickname (or size) like "megatron" and he doesnt have all the antics or do all the taunting like jackson (he also doesnt get the exposure playing with vick).

if he were in the NFC and didnt make it, it would definitely be a snub. i agree he has had bigger impact than reggie wayne. hard to put him in over the likes of bowe, a. johnson, and b. lloyd, though.

im just glad that in his 2nd year he has proven he is already a top 10 WR (something santonio could never say).

his time will come.
mayo is everywere. even though we all hate the pats there is no way anyone can deny his talent. the guy has 170 tackles, that shows something in itself. im not sdaying he is a better player then timmons because i would take timmons over him anyday but i definatly think he deserves his spot in the pro bowl