Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #21
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Is Goodell really this stupid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Goodell lost credibilty a long time ago; this decision wasn't what did it.

Of course the code of conduct should apply equally across the board. But, as the poster above pointed out, in this case, there was no way that was going to happen, for the reasons he cited.

If you or any other Steelers fans thought different, you just set yourselve's up for disappointment. This kind of thing happens everyday around the world in some capacity or another. It's not fair or right, but it's the reality of the world today.

unfortunately, sir, you are correct.
Teams like the Steelers and Raiders, who have "bad-guy" images and are not in bed with the league office will come out on the losing side all the time.
Teams like the Patriots and Cowboys, and players like Favre, Manning, Brady will always win out in these types of things. Sad but true.
I don't have any faith that the rest of the NFL owners would push to force Goodell out (which they should do..)
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #22
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
That isn't true. As a Raiders fan, and having my team be singled out, it seems, almost flagrantly by the NFL and the clowns in the stripes over the years, I can say that I'm not thrilled with the inconsistency in meeting out fines and punishments either.

Having said that, is anyone really surprised by this? It's Brett Favre. He's one of the greatest players in the history of the game. Did you really think Goodell would come down that hard on him... in his last year... with one game left?
Glad to hear someone else come forward if you don't play with Manning or Brady in yhe NFL's opinion you don't count.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #23
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

So if they found they couldn't prove he broke the workplace policy, he sure as hell broke the player conduct policy. If you can suspend ben for showing his **** in a club, you should be able to suspend brett for showing his **** via phone. NFL is a f'n joke
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:25 PM   #24
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,032 Times in 415 Posts

The real question here is:
Can he be any stupider?
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:14 PM   #25
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH-Rock View Post
The real question here is:
Can he be any stupider?
Time will tell.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:17 PM   #26
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,535 Times in 1,536 Posts

goodell interrogated favre's penis till it spit in his eye. thus the fine for not cooperating.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:08 PM   #27
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

His logic is that Ben was a "repeat offender" - whereas Farve is just a "discreet sexter".
Old 12-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #28
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I don't think Ben deserved to be suspended, though I'm glad he was, he seems to be working a bit harder this year, and I haven't heard anything about him being an asshole off the field, seemed last year he was a total assholes to fans week after week.

I don't think Favre deserve to be suspsed since he's most likely gonna retire, and why fine him if he wont learn his lesson because he wont be in the NFL ? and suppose he was comming back, why does he deserve to be suspended because Ben was... Maybe Goodell wants to admit his mistake and not make it again with Favre... especially, since he didn't do anything illegal or against NFL conduct policy rules.

Goodell still is stupid and I hope he gets kidnapped and forced to stare at Favre's weiner
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #29
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
I don't think Ben deserved to be suspended, though I'm glad he was, he seems to be working a bit harder this year, and I haven't heard anything about him being an asshole off the field, seemed last year he was a total assholes to fans week after week.

I don't think Favre deserve to be suspsed since he's most likely gonna retire, and why fine him if he wont learn his lesson because he wont be in the NFL ? and suppose he was comming back, why does he deserve to be suspended because Ben was... Maybe Goodell wants to admit his mistake and not make it again with Favre... especially, since he didn't do anything illegal or against NFL conduct policy rules.

Goodell still is stupid and I hope he gets kidnapped and forced to stare at Favre's weiner
That's what he's been doing while he investigated the charges. Lookin at the the pictures,licking his lips and loping his donkey!!!!
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 AM   #30
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

I'm watching ESPN... Favre makes 50k every 3 minutes of game time? ... Thats insane... They fined him for 3 minutes worth of his time...
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote