Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-15-2006, 10:12 PM   #11
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: Chris Meyers Interview...

They are showing it again tommorrow (Sun) at 4:30pm.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #12
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Ive heard him comment about the fans and how he loves us.
This isnt a direct quote but he said something like " i love our fans because they love there steelrs." Or something along those lines. And I think after the super bowl he said something about it not hitting him until the parade seeing all the fans.

And we love him back....A LOT (or at least I do)

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:43 AM   #13
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
For me, Cowher's relationship with Ben has always been in question ever since the whole "motrocycle" incident. The conversation between the two in the media was not exactly smooth sailing. Yeah, they hugged during the playoffs and SB, but I was always skeptical personally. I just find it odd that he never brings up the fans during interviews, that's all.
That and the toe injury last year when both had difference of opinions on it. Is this a worry for anyone other than me???
Old 04-16-2006, 11:49 AM   #14
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
That and the toe injury last year when both had difference of opinions on it. Is this a worry for anyone other than me???
Well, they won a Super Bowl with an assuming rocky relationship. Obviously you would like to think your QB and head coach get along and everything is fine, but it's been proven in all sports that a certain coach and a certain player do not have to like each other in order to win. Look no further than Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw. That's going on the assumption that Ben and Cowher are not exactly buddy/buddy. As long as it's controlled with a "I'll do my job and you do yours" type of mentality which they seemed to have accomplished it doesn't really worry me.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-16-2006 at 12:09 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #15
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

Quote:
Or the fans for that matter.
He didn't mention Mel Blount either. Dang, what kind of Steeler and human being is he anyway?!?!?!?!?
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #16
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

No offense to Big Ben lovers, but i dont give a crap what Ben wants. Whatever cowher thinks is best is what i will go with. I am biased in my opinion on coach Cowher, but he is one of the most successful coaches in NFL history. I really dont feel there is a problem between the two really. Ben is young and as any young guy he prolly feels he knows everything which we all do when we are in our early twenties lol Dan Marino would trade all of his personal accomplishments for that 1 SuperBowl win I am sure. As far as his comment of wanting to throw for 300 yards a game... i would of had him said something like .. I just want to win each game we play rather than his personal yardage. Every QB would love to throw on every down, just like arunning bakc would loe to carry the ball 35 times a game or a receiver get 15 catches a game. I dont think is aything to worry about, but Ben sometimes worries me cause i think he gets a lil too big for his britches. Good thing we dont rely on his passing only or else we surely would not have had the success that he have had. He is good in some games and others he just looks really bad so i dont think he should be really saying a whole lot just yet about how the offense is called.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteel
He didn't mention Mel Blount either. Dang, what kind of Steeler and human being is he anyway?!?!?!?!?
I'm not jumping on the guy, I could careless who he mentions personally, was just simply pointing out a personal observation. As long as he throws TD's and wins games, I don't give a $&@! who he talks about.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-16-2006 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 06:28 PM   #18
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Well, they won a Super Bowl with an assuming rocky relationship. Obviously you would like to think your QB and head coach get along and everything is fine, but it's been proven in all sports that a certain coach and a certain player do not have to like each other in order to win. Look no further than Chuck Noll and Terry Bradshaw. That's going on the assumption that Ben and Cowher are not exactly buddy/buddy. As long as it's controlled with a "I'll do my job and you do yours" type of mentality which they seemed to have accomplished it doesn't really worry me.
I understand, but it seems Ben want tp throw a hell of alot more. And Cowher has never had that oppurtunity to throw with a QB like Ben. Will Cowher change? He seems to be letting Bens weapons go, Plax and El, instead of upgrading in these areas?
Old 04-16-2006, 08:18 PM   #19
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

There is such a thing in the business world known is CREATIVE FRICTION. It tends to keep people on their toes and if harnassed, can be potent. Let's hope Cowher is an effective manager of this mindset of Ben's. I think he will and there will be give and take on both sides. I look for Ben to throw 25-30 times a game and average 225 yards a game. No doubt, he'll get 20 this year! Would have last year if not injured.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:57 PM   #20
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I understand, but it seems Ben want tp throw a hell of alot more. And Cowher has never had that oppurtunity to throw with a QB like Ben. Will Cowher change? He seems to be letting Bens weapons go, Plax and El, instead of upgrading in these areas?
While I see no problem with Ben stating he wants to throw more, hopefully he only decides to bring it up in interviews when asked and not pushing the agenda to the point where it becomes an annoyance or a problem with Cowher and the FO in general. They call the shots, not Ben. Personally, I would like to see a 50/50 pass to rush ratio for this team with a top notch WR opposite of Hines. I like balance.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-17-2006 at 04:10 PM.