Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-16-2006, 07:22 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Look into your crystal ball.......

and what would you want to see in the future for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Remember the crystal ball only looks out a year into the future.

I want to see if Staley is able to stay healthy. And I want to know this before the draft. Some much of our immediate future could depend on Staleys health.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default Re: Look into your crystal ball.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
and what would you want to see in the future for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Remember the crystal ball only looks out a year into the future.

I want to see if Staley is able to stay healthy. And I want to know this before the draft. Some much of our immediate future could depend on Staleys health.
I see Duce used sparingly for the first 8 games with the hopes that he can contribute down the stretch. I see a mudder being taken in round 4. I see another Super Bowl!!!!
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #3
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i see duce showing all his doubters/haters that the only reason he was in street close a lot last year was just to let bettis get his carries, and i see him proving he is the best back we have on the roster and takin the job from willie mid way through the season casue once again willie shows he ain't a every down back and can't do a thing against good defenses

i see us playing the panters in the superbowl and i see us winning and i see that this time ppl don't have an excues for the reason we won
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:30 PM   #4
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182

I think Staley will HAVE to be a very important piece of our team for us to go to SuperBowl again.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 10:56 PM   #5
SteelerSal
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
i see duce showing all his doubters/haters that the only reason he was in street close a lot last year was just to let bettis get his carries, and i see him proving he is the best back we have on the roster and takin the job from willie mid way through the season casue once again willie shows he ain't a every down back and can't do a thing against good defenses

i see us playing the panters in the superbowl and i see us winning and i see that this time ppl don't have an excues for the reason we won

Dang Koopa, why are you so hard on Willie? I hope the opposite happens and Willie proves that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He will have a year of experience, (which he played more games last season than all of college), under his belt and hopefully he'll use this offseason to bulk up and add 10 more pounds. Duce, IMO, will play a big part and split time with Willie, to wear down defenses, late in the games. ( Smahmouth as we know and love!!)
I also see Ben's ypg average at about 220. We will show a duel threat of both the running and passing game and avg. 29 points per game. We will need to do this, early in the season especially, because our defense might struggle, early on.
I see us finishing 13-3 or 12-4 providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the key positions.
SteelerSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 PM   #6
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSal
Dang Koopa, why are you so hard on Willie? I hope the opposite happens and Willie proves that he wasn't just a flash in the pan. He will have a year of experience, (which he played more games last season than all of college), under his belt and hopefully he'll use this offseason to bulk up and add 10 more pounds. Duce, IMO, will play a big part and split time with Willie, to wear down defenses, late in the games. ( Smahmouth as we know and love!!)
I also see Ben's ypg average at about 220. We will show a duel threat of both the running and passing game and avg. 29 points per game. We will need to do this, early in the season especially, because our defense might struggle, early on.
I see us finishing 13-3 or 12-4 providing that we don't suffer any injuries in the key positions.
i don't really know why i'm so hard on him, i guess it's because he hasn't shown me that he can be a feature back, he's only proven he can't, by struggling everytime he played a team that had a run defense that was worth a damn, i don't buy into these long runs, haynes could've got that 75 yard dash the way the defense fell apart on that play in the superbowl.........i do hope he can prove me wrong, however, i just don't see it happening
Old 04-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #7
SteelerSal
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 467

Quote:
i don't really know why i'm so hard on him, i guess it's because he hasn't shown me that he can be a feature back, he's only proven he can't, by struggling everytime he played a team that had a run defense that was worth a damn, i don't buy into these long runs, haynes could've got that 75 yard dash the way the defense fell apart on that play in the superbowl.........i do hope he can prove me wrong, however, i just don't see it happening
Time will tell and I hope your wrong, for all of our sake.
SteelerSal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 PM   #8
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSal
Time will tell and I hope your wrong, for all of our sake.
well if i ain't wrong it won't hurt us much, we won the superbowl the way he is now, and it's not like we have a lot of money invested in him if he i'm right
Old 04-17-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
pucho58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1737

Quote:
I feel the same way. I feel that he is going to struggle next season and duce might be the better back.
pucho58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

You know, Barry Sanders ran the same way as Willie Parker...he'd run the ball 7 times for 12 yards, then bust off a 55 yarder for a TD. In the end, the results end up just about the same.

I'd like to see us at 50/50 passing/running, and the defense #1 in the league. I think those two goals accomplished will find us winning SB XLI in Miami next January.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote