Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

View Poll Results: With the 1st pick of the Steelers' 2006 draft, they select...
The 3rd best RB in the draft 8 50.00%
The 3rd best WR in the draft 8 50.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #11
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Both

a big running back, a blazing wideout, Aston Martin walnut interior, Maui beach house...I know I'm forgetting something
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:32 PM   #12
Midnightwriter1
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2182
Default Re: Direction with the 1st Pick = Direction with the pass/rush ratio

Our O line injury's had alot to do with the season we threw alot as well. I know they wanted to see the possiblity of changing the offensive scheme prior to some, but Maddox had such a good year the year before and there were questions about Bettis's ability to play a full season and trying to take some of the load off of him for the end of season.

I didnt like it, didnt seem like ( Steelers Football) ... Following Cowher all these years, i just cant see him straying too far away from what he loves to do which is bury a team with the run and being in control of the game after trying it once and it failing so badly even though there were other circumstances that may have helped contribute to why it failed.
Midnightwriter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,487 Times in 3,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightwriter1
Our O line injury's had alot to do with the season we threw alot as well. I know they wanted to see the possiblity of changing the offensive scheme prior to some, but Maddox had such a good year the year before and there were questions about Bettis's ability to play a full season and trying to take some of the load off of him for the end of season.

I didnt like it, didnt seem like ( Steelers Football) ... Following Cowher all these years, i just cant see him straying too far away from what he loves to do which is bury a team with the run and being in control of the game after trying it once and it failing so badly even though there were other circumstances that may have helped contribute to why it failed.
if it aint broke, dont fix it. cowher has proven he can and will adapt when needed. a shift to a more pass oriented offens would just provide for more grind it out, run down the clock games. we saw this in the 1st 2 games last year (of course against poorer opposition) where ben had 200+ yds and 2 td's by halftime. with a better option at a #2 wr there would be a gradual shift from the 60-40 formula, but at this point it wouldnt be drastic. one thing cowher never does is run up the points on his opponents even though hes had plenty of opportunities to. jerome has sacrificed his body to carry out this formula and he will physically be paying the price in about 10 years. cowher dont wanna see anything bad happen to jerome (like with e. campbell), let alone to any of his other players. i think there will be a slight philisophical shift. there will still be the desire to be a top 5 rushing team in the league but it will be split amongst backs and more dump off passes, screens, and t.e.'s used. (much like this past year)
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:36 AM   #14
BlacknGold Bleeder
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1254

Hell with all this 3rd best stuff... BEST athlete available!!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #15
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder
Hell with all this 3rd best stuff... BEST athlete available!!

I go for that whoever is the best at what they do that is left when the 32 pick comes to us as long is its White!!!!

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 01:08 PM   #16
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default Thunder & Lightning II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARKIESTEEL
I go for that whoever is the best at what they do that is left when the 32 pick comes to us as long is its White!!!!
Lightning fast Willie!!

Thunder strong White!!

"One For The Other Thumb"
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote