Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,199 Times in 3,492 Posts
Default #'s are in. Congrats to Ben, Rashard and Mike

mike wallace finishes 5th in the league in rec. yds. he fell short of being the 1st player in eons to lead the league in in YPC for 2 consecutive years in their 1st 2 years, but still had an otherworldly 21 yards per catch (2nd to d. jackson). his 10 td's tie him for 7th. not bad considering most teams start 2 wr's and a te.

ben finishes 6th in yards per game and 5th in passer rating. he also finishes 3nd in yards per attempt and only tom brady had fewer than his 5 interceptions. had he not been bogusly suspended he almost certainly woulda had another 4000+ season.

mendenhall was 7th in rushing yards and tied 2nd with 13 td's. his 20.2 attempts per game rank him 5th (a true bell cow back in todays nfl).

kudos to arians who showed improvement from last years "mad scientist" attempt of a season and utilized his weapons better and gameplanned a bit better. we thrashed the likes of OAK, TB, CLE, and CHA. last year we were losing to those likes in heartbreakers which cost us a playoff bid.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447
Default Re: #'s are in. Congrats to Ben, Rashard and Mike

Ben played very well yesterday. Granted it was against a bottom feeder but his passes were right on the money. It's a very good sign, now that we're in the playoffs. I would have liked to see a stronger performance by Mendenhall. I'm not talking about his TDs, I'm talking about his running numbers.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote