Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
jacksolomon
Banned

Member Number: 17250
Default Re: Ravens still favorites? WTF?

Good. Let the other teams get all the pub.
jacksolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:14 PM   #12
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Well the Ravens blew out NE at Foxborough last year in the playoffs.
The Ravens haven't been blown out of a single game this year. They almost beat NE on the road.
They beat the defending champion Saints, they beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Flacco is now 7th ranked QB in the league, slightly ahead of Ben, last I looked.

Let's face it the Steelers don't match up well at all against the Pats and unless the Pats lose before they meet the Steelers, the NE game would likely mean the end of the season for the Steelers.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
The Ravens haven't been blown out of a single game this year. They almost beat NE on the road.
They beat the defending champion Saints, they beat Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh. Flacco is now 7th ranked QB in the league, slightly ahead of Ben, last I looked.

Let's face it the Steelers don't match up well at all against the Pats and unless the Pats lose before they meet the Steelers, the NE game would likely mean the end of the season for the Steelers.

Ben was rated 5th as of this morning in all of NFL.... and you Baltimorons only got lucky in Pittsburgh for the fact that Ben wasn't there.
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #14
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Who cares what the stinkin' media thinks? Losing to 4 playoff teams definitely means that we deserve to be overlooked. Obviously we need to step our game up a notch come playoff time. I think we are peeking at the right time. As long as the coaching staff keeps going after people instead of holding back, we have as good a shot as anyone else.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #15
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Who cares what the stinkin' media thinks? Losing to 4 playoff teams definitely means that we deserve to be overlooked. Obviously we need to step our game up a notch come playoff time. I think we are peeking at the right time. As long as the coaching staff keeps going after people instead of holding back, we have as good a shot as anyone else.

Definately agree...
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #16
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
That is true (although the Pats didn't "own" the Steelers in '08 just 2 years ago when we destroyed them..).
I think our media downfall is that we had 3 BIG games....NE, New Orleans, and the Jets...all on evening prime time TV...and we lost all 3 of them..........That said...we still should be getting more media coverage than we are
um stop being a fool, they didnt have the best quarterback to ever play in that game, if u remember, or did u become a fan until after we won our 6th?

im pretty sure u are like one of those new orleans scumbags that jumped on the bandwagon at the start of 2009 and said katrina this, katrina that.
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:26 PM   #17
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

Quote:

the patriots didnt have wes welker last time and the patriots will own you, flacco chokes in the playoffs, plesae post his playoff stats, and he sucks, im so glad we have ben and not flacco...
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #18
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,538 Times in 3,760 Posts

Quote:

Glad to hear from a parallel universe where the Ravens won the AFC North this season

Nice cite to statistics - ask any head coach or personnel guy in the NFL other than Harbaugh or Ozzie whether they would want Roethlisberger or Flacco on their team in a playoff gaem - you and i both know the answer to that question
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #19
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Glad to hear from a parallel universe where the Ravens won the AFC North this season

Nice cite to statistics - ask any head coach or personnel guy in the NFL other than Harbaugh or Ozzie whether they would want Roethlisberger or Flacco on their team in a playoff gaem - you and i both know the answer to that question
Not only that. His stats are wrong. Ben finished higher than Flacco statistically again.
I knew Boob Jr was probably still lurking around even though he said he wouldn't be posting here after he took his lumps for losing in Baltimore with the division on the line. Oh, and what QB fumbled that game away.... That's right, Joe Drool.

How's 2nd place feel?
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 01:46 PM   #20
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

im glad people feel that way. the only thing that matters are wins and titles. i love being the underdog