Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-03-2011, 02:34 PM   #21
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: Ravens still favorites? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post
I read on a few websites how the Ravens are the class of the AFC North. HUH? It’s always Ed Reed this… Ray Lewis that… Flacco this… Harbaugh that. Yeah, they had huge win over a terrible team…… 13-7.

Did anyone actually WATCH their game? The Bengals almost won it twice in the last few minutes, without their two best receivers. And Reeds picks were much more luck than skill. He is “smart” to sit back behind the receivers and wait for a tipped ball, then scoop it up for an easy interception. At least Troy’s lucky pick required a little effort of changing momentum and diving for it.

But enough of that………………….

The Steelers faced a better team and destroyed them before half time. They have the best defense in the NFL, won the AFC North, and already made it to the Divisional round of the playoffs.

But the Ravens are better?

Am I missing something?

Yes I watched Reed's INT's. In which were him being in the right place at the right time and I give him credit for that. Palmer gave up so many late Christmas gifts to the Ravens it was pathetic. The Bengals pushed around that Raven Defense & they looked tired and wore out in the fourth quarter and luck was the Raven's friend on Sunday.

Let them Crown their Asses Champs in the words of Dennis Green. I would be suprised to see the Ravens playing after wild card weekend.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,504 Times in 3,739 Posts

Pretty clear which teams Ed Bouchette thinks are the favorites

I already have my hotel reservations for the Jan. 22-23 weekend in Boston.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...rantee-nothing

Vegas also likes the bye teams other than Chicago

Odds to win Super Bowl XLV

New England Patriots 2/1

Atlanta Falcons 11/2

Pittsburgh Steelers 11/2

New Orleans Saints 10/1

Philadelphia Eagles 11/1

Baltimore Ravens 12/1

Chicago Bears 12/1

Green Bay Packers 12/1

Indianapolis Colts 14/1

New York Jets 20/1

Kansas City Chiefs 35/1

Seattle Seahawks 100/1

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...s-tied-for-2nd
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #23
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Putten $5 on the Seahawks, Chiefs, Colts and Packers.... Thats good money if they happen to pull it off lol.

But the Ravens do have a better chance against the Patriots like it or not, but the Steelers can take the Ravens any day. Football really isn't about the best team, its about the best matchups, and the Ravens matchup well against the Patriots.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #24
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzballz View Post
um stop being a fool, they didnt have the best quarterback to ever play in that game, if u remember, or did u become a fan until after we won our 6th?

im pretty sure u are like one of those new orleans scumbags that jumped on the bandwagon at the start of 2009 and said katrina this, katrina that.

# 1, because i still don't believe he's the greatest QB, and at the time, you jack***, Cassel was playing like the 2nd coming of Montana...even people in NE didn't want to lose him...believe me, i unfortunately live in NE at the time..... Everytime a team puts pressure on Brady he sucks. Not saying he's not very good, but i've never bought into that' "greatest" thing. No.
You, yourself, seem just like your gay screenname, fool....i'd be feeling pretty qu*** if i was you giving myself a screenname like that
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:26 PM   #25
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
im glad people feel that way. the only thing that matters are wins and titles. i love being the underdog
yep....looks like we're still that way....just watched all the late afternoon ESPN sports shows and radio and all the talk is Ravens, Ravens, Ravens with barely even a passing mention of Pittsburgh.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #26
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

guess we get no respect because we haven't really beaten any playoff caliber team....we need to do so then get our respect
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #27
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
yep....looks like we're still that way....just watched all the late afternoon ESPN sports shows and radio and all the talk is Ravens, Ravens, Ravens with barely even a passing mention of Pittsburgh.
Who give a sh*t what ESPN says anyway? Most bookies in Las Vegas have the Steelers at +500 and the Ravens at +1500
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #28
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post
I read on a few websites how the Ravens are the class of the AFC North. HUH? It’s always Ed Reed this… Ray Lewis that… Flacco this… Harbaugh that. Yeah, they had huge win over a terrible team…… 13-7.

Did anyone actually WATCH their game? The Bengals almost won it twice in the last few minutes, without their two best receivers. And Reeds picks were much more luck than skill. He is “smart” to sit back behind the receivers and wait for a tipped ball, then scoop it up for an easy interception. At least Troy’s lucky pick required a little effort of changing momentum and diving for it.

But enough of that………………….

The Steelers faced a better team and destroyed them before half time. They have the best defense in the NFL, won the AFC North, and already made it to the Divisional round of the playoffs.

But the Ravens are better?

Am I missing something?
We almost, and should have gotten beat by Buffalo, we got spanked by the Saints, and the Ravens beat them, and lastly we should have lost to them if it weren't for Troy. Down the stretch the Ravens did look better with the exception of that last game. However all that said we shouldn't care, and everytime we are flying under the radar we rise to the occasion. I"m hearing how Green Bay is the scariest team in the playoffs, and they only put up 10 points to a team that had nothing to gain by a win. I don't listen to the dopes on T.V. their team to beat changes every week. Especially this season it was us then the giants then the philly then the jets then new england it's comical
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 PM   #29
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
Yes I watched Reed's INT's. In which were him being in the right place at the right time and I give him credit for that. Palmer gave up so many late Christmas gifts to the Ravens it was pathetic. The Bengals pushed around that Raven Defense & they looked tired and wore out in the fourth quarter and luck was the Raven's friend on Sunday.

Let them Crown their Asses Champs in the words of Dennis Green. I would be suprised to see the Ravens playing after wild card weekend.
By the end of the Ravens-Bengals game it was known to everyone that it made no difference whether the Ravens won or lost, insofar as their first round playoff game.
There was little incentive to go all out.

I think the Ravens would've played that Cincinnati game harder and better if they had to win the game to make the playoffs.

Sure there was a big time defensive meltdown by the Ravens by Webb, but Harbaugh is too good of a coach to let that happen again.

If you think the Ravens will lost to KC you are in the minority. Oakland showed that a physical team can dominate the Chiefs even in Kansas City. I'm sure Harbaugh has already studied those Chiefs Raiders films and that sets the model on how to play that team, and the Ravens can certainly play that style of game.

A fact that you guys seem to be missing is that Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in the NFL. He took over a losing team 3 years ago and he has taken them to the playoffs 3 straight years now. His game prep is excellent and he even proved last year he can outcoach Bilichick in a playoff game.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:18 PM   #30
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,376 Times in 1,048 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

unlike most of you i just love being the underdog
b/c when we kick the s h i t out of ???????
victory will taste even sweeter
fer522 is online now   Reply With Quote