Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default A great quote!

I don`t remember seeing this posted already. Steelers fans be proud, pat yourselves on the back. When the players appreciate you, its all worth it!



QUOTE TO NOTE: "They started to understand what it is to be a Steelers fan, and I think they got a pretty good conception of the fact that the Steelers are truly a world-renowned team." -- Steelers T Max Starks, on a USO tour overseas with two other NFL players
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 156 degrees 17' 30" W 20 degrees 55' N
Posts: 1,749
Member Number: 1645
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I don`t remember seeing this posted already. Steelers fans be proud, pat yourselves on the back. When the players appreciate you, its all worth it!



QUOTE TO NOTE: "They started to understand what it is to be a Steelers fan, and I think they got a pretty good conception of the fact that the Steelers are truly a world-renowned team." -- Steelers T Max Starks, on a USO tour overseas with two other NFL players

He is touring with Seattle Seahawk Bryce Fisher and Falcon Patrick Kerney . I think Fisher was getting sick to his stomach from all the love love Max was getting worldwide.
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #3
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
He is touring with Seattle Seahawk Bryce Fisher and Falcon Patrick Kerney . I think Fisher was getting sick to his stomach from all the love love Max was getting worldwide.
Seattle has the "12th Man" moniker (if Texas A&M doesn't win the lawsuit) but hell...most teams can say they have a "12th Man" when at thier home field.I know for a fact we can say that,the Colts can say that,even the Clowns can say that at times.

But outside of Seattle,do you ever see a Seahawks jersey?Very rarley,and normally the person wearing it isn't a fan of the team at all.

The Seagulls will never have the world-wide recognition the Steelers do,except for being to team we beat to win our 5th Super Bowl.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

People think we are just hypin ourselves or blowin smoke when we talk about "The Steelers Nation" but the fact is that we are a nation of fans that now is growin internationally. It's evident in the fans we have here from other nations and from soldiers and others around the world. Who cares about one extra man when you can have the population of a nation backin your team. Peace.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:19 PM   #5
Hammer67
Head Coach
Supporter
 
Hammer67's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New Boston, MI (originally from Moon Township, PA)
Posts: 1,988
Gender: Male
Member Number: 651
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
Seattle has the "12th Man" moniker (if Texas A&M doesn't win the lawsuit) but hell...most teams can say they have a "12th Man" when at thier home field.I know for a fact we can say that,the Colts can say that,even the Clowns can say that at times.

But outside of Seattle,do you ever see a Seahawks jersey?Very rarley,and normally the person wearing it isn't a fan of the team at all.

The Seagulls will never have the world-wide recognition the Steelers do,except for being to team we beat to win our 5th Super Bowl.

Isn't being a Cleveland Indian fan and a Steeler fan at the same time break some moral code or something??
__________________


"Socialism is the philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

Hammer67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:25 PM   #6
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67
Isn't being a Cleveland Indian fan and a Steeler fan at the same time break some moral code or something??
LOL not at all.I am also a Cavs fan and a Buckeyes fan.

I was raised to be a Steelers fan,I got my choice on other sports (btw,I am a Pens fan).

Pirates aren't on enough over here to be into them and Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team.And unfortunatley,if the Pens don't get a new arena they might now have a NHL team either.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:30 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
LOL not at all.I am also a Cavs fan and a Buckeyes fan.

I was raised to be a Steelers fan,I got my choice on other sports (btw,I am a Pens fan).

Pirates aren't on enough over here to be into them and Pittsburgh doesn't have an NBA team.And unfortunatley,if the Pens don't get a new arena they might now have a NHL team either.
I hope you thank whomever it was that raised you a Steelers fan!
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:32 PM   #8
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter
 
RoethlisBURGHer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Clowns Town,Ohio
Posts: 5,941
Member Number: 370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I hope you thank whomever it was that raised you a Steelers fan!
LOL I thank my Grandpa every single time I see him.

Because yeah,with my other teams it's been nothing but suffering...even with the Steelers for a while.
__________________

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
LOL I thank my Grandpa every single time I see him.

Because yeah,with my other teams it's been nothing but suffering...even with the Steelers for a while.
Aint no suffering , no more! LOL, Now your living large in cleveland!
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned
 
BlitzburghRockCity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Central PA.
Posts: 8,144
Gender: Male
Member Number: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: A great quote!

The love that Hines was given in Korea, and all the support Max got on his USO tour.. Just makes you even more proud to be a Steelers fan !!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts