Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #11
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880
Default Re: The Changes LeBeau Made After The NE Game

I think the best way to disrupt Brady is to bring the pressure up the gut. Baltimore had him looking scared 2yrs ago in the playoff's. They brought it up the middle which made him want to dance and get rid of the ball quick.

Coming off the corners is to easy for Brady, he see's it and adjusts in a hurry. They have to bring all kinds of blitzes.

I don't mind losing if we go down doing what we do, but It would kill me to watch them try to zone him up.
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #12
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,928 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
I have been saying that if there is one thing that Dick Lebeau still wants to add to his resume (amazing right? one would think that after 50+ years int he NFL, he had seen and done everything possible), it will be the moniker for being one of the defensive coordinators that were able to decipher Brady and Belicheck's system.
In addtion, LeBeau got inducted to the Hall of Fame for being a Cornerback as well... I think that if any current d-coordinator can improve a secondary its LeBeau. Why he has not done it already until now is another question.

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:33 PM   #13
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

You guys don't think that belichick is planning a counter-punch? We need to think 2 steps ahead and have answers to what he MAY be planning.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 PM   #14
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,928 Times in 877 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
You guys don't think that belichick is planning a counter-punch? We need to think 2 steps ahead and have answers to what he MAY be planning.
The Patriots got rid of Moss because the plan was to go to a dink and dunk offense. Moss was mostly deep threat. Going deep should not be a worry when we have just a minor blitz coming (as we didn't blitz in the last game) and their current receivers are no big threat deep especially since whats his name has gotten older. They can't run on us, so the ONLY weapon they have is the dink and dunk on the Steelers... if we play close, in the way this article says, we should be able to cut their point scoring abilities in half. Special teams and the Offense will have to come to play as well. Wallace had double and triple coverage on him in the last game and STILL scored 2 TD's... so they will "have" to back up on us if their smart (at least on Wallace's side of the field). This next meeting (IF we meet them in the playoffs) should be interesting...

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:26 PM   #15
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
The Patriots got rid of Moss because the plan was to go to a dink and dunk offense. Moss was mostly deep threat. Going deep should not be a worry when we have just a minor blitz coming (as we didn't blitz in the last game) and their current receivers are no big threat deep especially since whats his name has gotten older. They can't run on us, so the ONLY weapon they have is the dink and dunk on the Steelers... if we play close, in the way this article says, we should be able to cut their point scoring abilities in half. Special teams and the Offense will have to come to play as well. Wallace had double and triple coverage on him in the last game and STILL scored 2 TD's... so they will "have" to back up on us if their smart (at least on Wallace's side of the field). This next meeting (IF we meet them in the playoffs) should be interesting...
LeBeau will probably have to make 2 gameplans, because Bellichick does think 2 steps ahead. In the last game the short passes killed the Steelers, knowing LeBeau will stop that, he'll go to the run and throw the ball long to stretch out the Steelers defense. But the Patriots don't have a deep threat, if the Steelers play the cornerbacks close to the recievers, they wont make it that far uncovered 20+ yards down the field.
If Bellichick and LeBeau played chess for a living, this matchup would be like a championship match, match of the century.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:44 PM   #16
jacksolomon
Banned

Member Number: 17250

Just curious, but when is the Belichick shrine being erected around here? It's like a damn Patriots board.
jacksolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

This article gave me a little bit of hope but what really just made my day was loking back at the 05 season, I had forgotten we got destroyed by the Colts in a reg season primetime game as well, and the playoff rematch was one of the best Steeler games Ive ever watched so I hope the *possible* Patriots rematch turns out the same way
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 PM   #18
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,186 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerEmpire View Post
In addtion, LeBeau got inducted to the Hall of Fame for being a Cornerback as well... I think that if any current d-coordinator can improve a secondary its LeBeau. Why he has not done it already until now is another question.
I trust Lebeau and he's probably making the right decisions on not playing the younger players. Lebeau needs a shut down CB for it to work. He's the best defensive coordinator of today, but he can't make a pile of crap turn into gold.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #19
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,453 Times in 2,742 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

good read. only thing I'm bitter about is the pats do the same thing to us every freakin time, and only now he makes a change to take away the short pass?
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Stop the 2 little c o c k roach's and it maybe a hard time for Marsha.....

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote