Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Talking "Just how intimidating is James Harrison"?

brilliant observation and analysis from craig wofley in one of the best blogs out there-

Everybody’s Got A Plan

http://craigwolfley.com/2011/01/everybodys-got-a-plan/

Quote:
During the Browns game last Sunday, a play began to unfold in front of me as i watched from the sidelines with a great deal of interest. Browns WR Mohammad Massaquoi was split towards the Steelers sidelines and began with much verve to go in motion towards the outside LB of the Steelers James Harrison.

Harrison, from his two-point upright stance outside of the Browns OT Joe Thomas, was looking into the backfield of the Brownies. Obviously a crack-back block was about to be initiated by Massaquoi on the apparently unsuspecting Harrison.

Just heartbeats before the snap of the ball, as if with Samurai-like sixth sense, Harrison suddenly turned his head towards the sidelines and his eyes locked on the approaching attempted blindside hit by Massaquoi.

When Massaquoi saw that he was “outed” on his blindside hit, all the conviction that was there just seconds ago to go in and drill the Silverback apparently ran like water out of Massaquoi.

The confident stride of Massaquoi turned to a bumbling, stumbling last few steps under the glare of Harrison and Massaquoi got called for illegal motion because he mis-timed the snap count. It was like watching a confident Fred Astaire dance turn into a “Nutty Professor” Jerry Lewis toe-tap.

Do you think at the start of going in motion Mohammad thought about the October 17th hit at Heinz Field and was looking for a little payback? And is it also possible that James’ hit on Massaquoi left an “impression” that won’t soon be forgotten by Mohammad?

In the immortal words of boxing great George Foreman, “Everybody’s got a plan until they get hit with the right hand.”

James fed Massaquoi the ”Right hand” at Heinz Field, and in the re-match at Cleveland Browns stadium, he didn’t even have to do that.
= OWNED!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #2
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527
Default Re: "Just how intimidating is James Harrison"?

Great read! Amazing how Harrison had the instinct to look MoMass's way. I love the break down and would really love to see the film on that one! Thanks for sharing.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

ahahaha... Harrison >>>>

Can anyone get a clip of this play?
Old 01-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
Steeldude
Living Legend

now where are those fans who feverishly insulted me for saying harrison will be a far better LB than the overrated porter? it reminded me of the days when ignorant fans said kordell cannot be replaced/upgraded.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #5
Shtillers
Water Boy

Member Number: 17623

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
ahahaha... Harrison >>>>

Can anyone get a clip of this play?
same here. I looked on youtube (that's where I find all my favorite Hines Ward - Ed Reed blocks)
Shtillers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #6
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

[youtube]JthXa87W24I[/youtube]
Old 01-06-2011, 03:39 PM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
now where are those fans who feverishly insulted me for saying harrison will be a far better LB than the overrated porter? it reminded me of the days when ignorant fans said kordell cannot be replaced/upgraded.

i agree with you. I thought Porter was over-rated and was glad to see him go...i didn't want the team spending big $$$$ on him
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

How Intimidating ?...enough to slap around a 125 Lb woman! But yet, he, even though PROVEN Guilty was never suspended by the Rooney's. But Ben, who was never charged, Inticted, or even questioned was suspended,,and ridiculed by the Rooney's!

Can you all say MAJOR Hypocrites ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Dude's pretty intimidating but at the same time is cool as hell and is a big joke-ster.

Over the past couple years, he was one of the biggest names at that Steelers basketball event communities hold. He had so much fun, lifting all the small women basketball players on his shoulders so they can dunk and laughing and having a great time. I was walking in and he was going in the locker room. I gave a "Silverback!" with my high five extended. He glared at me, lifted up his hand and gave me a good one. Made my night haha.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:21 PM   #10
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,474 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
How Intimidating ?...enough to slap around a 125 Lb woman! But yet, he, even though PROVEN Guilty was never suspended by the Rooney's. But Ben, who was never charged, Inticted, or even questioned was suspended,,and ridiculed by the Rooney's!

Can you all say MAJOR Hypocrites ?
Ben was never suspended by the Rooney's either.