Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2011, 12:53 PM   #1
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Big Ben top 5 in passer rating again

For the 5th time in his 7 year career Ben has finished the season in the top 5 in passing efficiency. No QB has done it more since Ben has been in the league. Since 04 here are the notables.

Manning - 5 times
Brees - 4 times
Rivers - 3 times
Brady - 2 times

side note for Booby Jr., Flacco has yet to finish in the top 5 and has only finished in the top 12 once. This year finishing 7th. I know he's only been in the league 3 years, but Ben finished in the top 5 twice in his first 3 years. Flacco is a good QB, but he's well behind schedule if he wants to be the best QB in the AFC North.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
thumper
Banned

Member Number: 13415
Default Re: Big Ben top 5 in passer rating again

That's nice icing and all, but if Ben wins another ring, that speaks
louder than any passer rating will.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:59 PM   #3
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
For the 5th time in his 7 year career Ben has finished the season in the top 5 in passing efficiency. No QB has done it more since Ben has been in the league. Since 04 here are the notables.

Manning - 5 times
Brees - 4 times
Rivers - 3 times
Brady - 2 times

side note for Booby Jr., Flacco has yet to finish in the top 5 and has only finished in the top 12 once. This year finishing 7th. I know he's only been in the league 3 years, but Ben finished in the top 5 twice in his first 3 years. Flacco is a good QB, but he's well behind schedule if he wants to be the best QB in the AFC North.
Well Flacco was ahead of Ben going into the last game in QB ratings. For some reason Joe couldn't figure out Cincinnati this year, throw out those two games and he'd be one of the top. Maybe our old coach Marvin Lewis has our number, even though he can't beat anyone else besides the Ravens.

Flacco also finished ahead of Manning and Drew Brees this year. Perhaps Joe is not quite an elite QB yet, but he is pretty close to one now.

Finishing in the "top 5" is a somewhat arbitrary way of measuring a QB. I'd say there's not that much difference between number 5 and 7. With the Ravens revamped receiving corps and Ray Rice, I have to give the Ravens the edge in the playoffs should the two teams meet again. . I'd say the QB's are about a draw, but the Ravens have the edge with greater offensive talent.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Well Flacco was ahead of Ben going into the last game in QB ratings. For some reason Joe couldn't figure out Cincinnati this year, throw out those two games and he'd be one of the top. Maybe our old coach Marvin Lewis has our number, even though he can't beat anyone else besides the Ravens.

Flacco also finished ahead of Manning and Drew Brees this year. Perhaps Joe is not quite an elite QB yet, but he is pretty close to one now.

Finishing in the "top 5" is a somewhat arbitrary way of measuring a QB. I'd say there's not that much difference between number 5 and 7. With the Ravens revamped receiving corps and Ray Rice, I have to give the Ravens the edge in the playoffs should the two teams meet again. . I'd say the QB's are about a draw, but the Ravens have the edge with greater offensive talent.

Greater advantage ? Based on what ? The fact that our QB is better ? Our defense is alot better ? Our offense is ranked higher ?.....what ?

Laughable.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #5
bobby jr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Greater advantage ? Based on what ? The fact that our QB is better ? Our defense is alot better ? Our offense is ranked higher ?.....what ?

Laughable.
Did you read my post? I said the difference between #7 and #5 is not that great, and their ratings are pretty close numerically too this year. Ben had the edge when Flacco was a rookie but no longer.
Flacco was actually ranked higher going into the last week.

I also don't think the Steelers defense is "a lot better" than the Ravens. The Ravens D held the Steelers in check both times this year. And the Steelers scored one point less with Ben as QB compared to Batch so Ben's presence or absence didn't seem to matter much in those two games.

One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

How many times has Flacco beaten Ben in games between the two teams ? And also, you can attempt to spin it however you like, but Pittsburgh had the leagues BEST scoring defense. The MOST Sacks, and gave up less Yds a game. They also ranked higher in Offense as well.

And THAT is.......the Bottom Line
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #7
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:

You are one warped dude. You want to throw out 2 of Flacco's games b/c they were bad ... ok, then lets throw out two of Ben's worse games. I'm sure you want to be fair, right?

As if this wasn't stupid enough, you are eager to point out that Flacco would have been better if it weren't for the Bungholes, then you switch gears and try to claim this isn't a indication of a good QB. Which is it Booby? Do you or do you not think the QB rating is linked to an elite QB? Freaking fence-sitter.

And did you REALLY compare the Ratbirds receiving corps to our group of guys? Wow!

Not sure why anyone even responds to your posts, including myself. It's almost like a bad car wreck ... you don't want to look but you do anyhow.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #8
bobby jr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
How many times has Flacco beaten Ben in games between the two teams ? And also, you can attempt to spin it however you like, but Pittsburgh had the leagues BEST scoring defense. The MOST Sacks, and gave up less Yds a game. They also ranked higher in Offense as well.

And THAT is.......the Bottom Line
When I read my mutual fund prospectus, it says something about past performance does not guarantee future results. The victories Ben has over the Ravens were close and hard fought. One of them was highly controversal when the refs gave the Steelers a last minute TD on replay, when all the commentators said it was a mistake.

The Ravens are not intimidated by Ben its not like he dominated them with blowouts.

The Steelers do have a good defense, possibly better than the Ravens, but not by much. The Steelers showed they were vulnerable to passing attacks in the 2nd half of the Saints game and also against the Patriots. The Ravens defense gave up some big plays but they were never lit up and blown out like that. The Ravens have been in every game this year.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #9
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:

I called you out since I figured you were still lurking around reading posts on the site. You seem to have an obsession and hatred for the Steelers and I can't blame you. The Steelers have been the Ravens road block for most of their existence. If we end up playing I have no doubt it will be a hard fought, physical game. We are waiting on our bye week, so your team has to do it's part first. If you get by the Chiefs you may get your shot. If you end up playing the Patriots, I'll wish you luck since I have tickets for the championship. At that point, I hope we both win to force the rubber match at Heinz Field.
We outclassed the Ravens in that game as the final score wasn't a true measure of how one sided that game was. I think this matchup will be closer, but I still give us the edge overall. Being at home, even more so.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #10
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Did you read my post? I said the difference between #7 and #5 is not that great, and their ratings are pretty close numerically too this year. Ben had the edge when Flacco was a rookie but no longer.
Flacco was actually ranked higher going into the last week.

I also don't think the Steelers defense is "a lot better" than the Ravens. The Ravens D held the Steelers in check both times this year. And the Steelers scored one point less with Ben as QB compared to Batch so Ben's presence or absence didn't seem to matter much in those two games.

One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.
What the f*ck are you talking about? Fluko could hardly beat us when Ben was suspended.
My money is on the Chiefs. Nothing would please me more than the Baltimore Browns being sent packing this weekend and you leaving this Forum.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote