Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #41
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696
Default Re: Big Ben top 5 in passer rating again

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzouristeeler View Post
More dramatic than ben hitting holmes in the corner of the endzone to win a *ahem* sixth superbowl? I don't think so.
Well that was a dramatic pass and a good game winning drive, but let's face it, the AZ defense was below average for a Super Bowl team. Nott the Ravens defense. The AZ team outscored their opponents by one point that year and were 9-7.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:38 PM   #42
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
Well that was a dramatic pass and a good game winning drive, but let's face it, the AZ defense was below average for a Super Bowl team. Nott the Ravens defense. The AZ team outscored their opponents by one point that year and were 9-7.
The Arizona defense stepped up in the post season, only allowing 250(only 190 passing in both games too) yards in their first two games. They broke down in the philly game allowed 450 yards, but they got 3 turnovers. and 9 total turnovers in the 2 games before that.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #43
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

That AZ team was able to win 3 games in the playoffs before they got to us. They had a great QB and were the hot team. They gave us a much tougher game than the Ravens did just 2 weeks before.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:05 PM   #44
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Actually I do post on the Ravens 24-7 forum under a different screen-name. and I only occasionally post on the Steelers forum when there is an upcoming Ravens Steelers game looming.
This game isn't looming until you win this week.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #45
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
They played the Ravens twice. The Steelers scored 1 less point with Ben as QB in Baltimore. He didn't exactly light up the Ravens in that game. Now he did have a broken nose and I give him credit for playing through that, and it could have adversely affected his performance.

But when you look at the history of the Ravens Steelers games except for rare exceptions the games are low scoring and Ben has generally not dominated the Ravens.He's won a lot of games that could have gone either way. Nothing like what Peyton Manning has done to us where the Colts have easily won those games against the Ravens.
So... your way of "proving" that the Ravens are a good team is by pointing out that they choke in games against the Steelers they could have potentially won instead of just getting their asses handed to them for an entire 60 minutes, like they have against other teams.

Interesting logic.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #46
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
So... your way of "proving" that the Ravens are a good team is by pointing out that they choke in games against the Steelers they could have potentially won instead of just getting their asses handed to them for an entire 60 minutes, like they have against other teams.

Interesting logic.
So to you losing a close game is "choking". I disagree. It happens.

And a pattern of winning close games against one team, games which could go either way, is usually based upon luck, which eventually runs out.

If the games occur, I think most NFL fans and experts believe the Ravens have a better chance of beating Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh this year in the playoffs, than the Steelers have a chance of beating the Patriots in Foxborough.

The reason is simple. The Ravens play the Steelers tough.

The Steelers do not play New England tough. They get dominated by the Pats.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #47
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Did you read my post? I said the difference between #7 and #5 is not that great, and their ratings are pretty close numerically too this year. Ben had the edge when Flacco was a rookie but no longer.
Flacco was actually ranked higher going into the last week.

I also don't think the Steelers defense is "a lot better" than the Ravens. The Ravens D held the Steelers in check both times this year. And the Steelers scored one point less with Ben as QB compared to Batch so Ben's presence or absence didn't seem to matter much in those two games.

One of the turning points of Flacco's career was when he led the Ravens to that dramatic game winning TD in Pittsburgh in October this year. That erased all doubt that he can beat the Steelers. Of course he still has to do it in the playoffs but at least he has already proven himself and gotten that out of the way. He silenced the crowd at Heinz field and proved that he can come through in the clutch against the Steelers, turning a close loss into an important Ravens victory.
lmao!!! I gues you would say that Bruce Gradkowski had his turning point last year against the Steelers too
Old 01-06-2011, 01:19 AM   #48
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

There's no point in continuing this discussion. BJ has an a homeristic opinion of his QB that will not change until he sucks it up in the playoffs a few more years. I'll agree to say nice things about Flacco if he comes out of Sunday's game with a passer rating in the 90+ range. And if he comes out of the playoffs holding a Lombardi over his head, then I'll call him "great" (even if his team won in spite of him.)

Ain't gonna happen, so I needn't lose any sleep over it.