Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-18-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default should packers trade farve to saints for brees?

this seems to be catching steam and alot of fans and several sirius analysts think its actually a good idea and deal for both teams. farve would have better weapons and could possibly sell out the stadium and give a huge morale boost to new orleans. pack could rebuild and have a much better successor to farve. both players are essentially on 1 year deals. i think farve would consider this.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: should packers trade farve to saints for brees?

I'm sure Favre and the Packers would have no problem with the deal, but I don't think the Saints would want Favre at this point in time, specially after picking up Brees. In my opinion, Favre is done. The fact that it's taking him this long to make a decision on if he still wants to play the game or not tells me he will fail. Plus, I just think the guy is not that good anymore.

If I had the choice of Brees or Favre at this point in time, I would take Brees without thinking twice. Brees is 26 and has been playing good ball the last few years. Favre is what? 36 yrs old and losing his touch? Give me Drew and I think the Saints would be crazy to make this trade.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-18-2006 at 04:54 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #3
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
I'm sure Favre and the Packers would have no problem with the deal, but I don't think the Saints would want Favre at this point in time, specially after picking up Brees. In my opinion, Favre is done. The fact that it's taking him this long to make a decision on if he still wants to play the game or not tells me he will fail. Plus, I just think the guy is not that good anymore.

If I had the choice of Brees or Favre at this point in time, I would take Brees without thinking twice. Brees is 26 and has been playing good ball the last few years. Favre is what? 36 yrs old and losing his touch? Give me Drew and I think the Saints would be crazy to make this trade.
what makes this an interesting deal is for the long term, in football sence, this would be a worse deal for the saints (unless they draft leinart).

but it makes perfect sense from a business point of view. having farve for 8 games would probably draw more money than brees for 8 + 1 playoff game.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

From a business point of view? Sure. But what keeps fans coming past those 5-8 games is when they start opening up the morning paper and seeing that the Saints are winning football games with Drew Brees. While his name may help for 5-8 games, in the long run it will hurt them when they look back and see Favre's 29 INTS during the regular season and they are sitting home for the playoffs.

Are those 5-8 games of higher income more important than having a twenty-six year old QB who's been playing good ball? In my opinion, no. I don't think it's fair to the fans personally.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-18-2006 at 05:06 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

Oh that'd be kinda funny. First he was in SD looking over his shoulder () to Rivers, then in GB he would be looking over his shoulder to Aaron Rodgers. That would suck for Drew, but be funny for everyone else.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
Oh that'd be kinda funny. First he was in SD looking over his shoulder () to Rivers, then in GB he would be looking over his shoulder to Aaron Rodgers. That would suck for Drew, but be funny for everyone else.
i dont think drew would have anything to worry about. rogers would be the back-up or shipped out. i dont think rogers could succeed as the successor to farve. i think brees can.

saints were pretty much a shoo in to take leinart before they got brees. leinart has fired his agent cause he wants one who can get him higer picked than at #2 or #3. i bet you anything the 1st thing condon did was call the saints and texans. not saying it will happen but i could happen. supprisingly after thinking about it r. cross and p. kirwan (sirius radio) started thinking it would be a very good deal for both teams.