Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2011, 06:03 AM   #11
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,404
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 960
Thanked 4,174 Times in 1,770 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Arnold openly supported Kurt Waldheim, Former UN chief and a former Austrian politician who participated in Nazi atrocities during World War II. Schwarzenegger's name remained on Waldheim's campaign posters, even after allegations of Waldheim's war crimes were brought to light. Waldheim was even invited to Arnold's wedding.
His father was a member of the Austrian Nazi Party who volunteered for the infamous SA and became a ranking officer. In the early '90s, Spy Magazine printed his father's Nazi Party membership in their magazine.
After several public claims of racism were made against him that could effect his career and long-term political chances, Schwarzenegger donated substantial sums to the Simon Weisenthal Center in Los Angeles and commissioned an "audit" of his father's nazi past, essentially buying off potential criticism. He never distanced himself from Kurt Waldheim, however -- quite the opposite. He made a statement to friends , saying "My friends don't want me to mention Kurt's name, because of all the recent Nazi stuff and the U.N. controversy, but I love him and Maria does too, and so thank you, Kurt."
March 1992 Spy Magazine article mentions a story confirmed by "a businessman and longtime friend of Schwarzenegger's" -- that in the '70s Arnold "enjoyed playing and giving away records of Hitler's speeches."
Schwarzenegger reportedly said on-camera during the filming of "Pumping Iron" that he "admired" Hitler. The footage was not used in the final version of the movie.
He has also talked of dreaming of being a dictator - " I didn't think about money. I thought about the fame, about just being the greatest. I was dreaming about being some dictator of a country or some savior like Jesus . . ."
The Truth About Arnold Schwarzenegger
http://www.arnoldexposed.com/arnold.htm

and people voted for this assclown ???

yeah... lets make him the leader of the entire country... he did such wonderful things for california ...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #12
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,801
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,931
Thanked 982 Times in 513 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany. The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.
His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.
The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.
The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.
Remarkably, little of Bush's dealings with Germany has received public scrutiny, partly because of the secret status of the documentation involving him. But now the multibillion dollar legal action for damages by two Holocaust survivors against the Bush family, and the imminent publication of three books on the subject are threatening to make Prescott Bush's business history an uncomfortable issue for his grandson, George W, as he seeks re-election.
While there is no suggestion that Prescott Bush was sympathetic to the Nazi cause, the documents reveal that the firm he worked for, Brown Brothers Harriman (BBH), acted as a US base for the German industrialist, Fritz Thyssen, who helped finance Hitler in the 1930s before falling out with him at the end of the decade. The Guardian has seen evidence that shows Bush was the director of the New York-based Union Banking Corporation (UBC) that represented Thyssen's US interests and he continued to work for the bank after America entered the war.
Tantalising

Bush was also on the board of at least one of the companies that formed part of a multinational network of front companies to allow Thyssen to move assets around the world.
Thyssen owned the largest steel and coal company in Germany and grew rich from Hitler's efforts to re-arm between the two world wars. One of the pillars in Thyssen's international corporate web, UBC, worked exclusively for, and was owned by, a Thyssen-controlled bank in the Netherlands. More tantalising are Bush's links to the Consolidated Silesian Steel Company (CSSC), based in mineral rich Silesia on the German-Polish border. During the war, the company made use of Nazi slave labour from the concentration camps, including Auschwitz. The ownership of CSSC changed hands several times in the 1930s, but documents from the US National Archive declassified last year link Bush to CSSC, although it is not clear if he and UBC were still involved in the company when Thyssen's American assets were seized in 1942.
Three sets of archives spell out Prescott Bush's involvement. All three are readily available, thanks to the efficient US archive system and a helpful and dedicated staff at both the Library of Congress in Washington and the National Archives at the University of Maryland.
The first set of files, the Harriman papers in the Library of Congress, show that Prescott Bush was a director and shareholder of a number of companies involved with Thyssen.
The second set of papers, which are in the National Archives, are contained in vesting order number 248 which records the seizure of the company assets. What these files show is that on October 20 1942 the alien property custodian seized the assets of the UBC, of which Prescott Bush was a director. Having gone through the books of the bank, further seizures were made against two affiliates, the Holland-American Trading Corporation and the Seamless Steel Equipment Corporation. By November, the Silesian-American Company, another of Prescott Bush's ventures, had also been seized.
The third set of documents, also at the National Archives, are contained in the files on IG Farben, who was prosecuted for war crimes.
A report issued by the Office of Alien Property Custodian in 1942 stated of the companies that "since 1939, these (steel and mining) properties have been in possession of and have been operated by the German government and have undoubtedly been of considerable assistance to that country's war effort".
Prescott Bush, a 6ft 4in charmer with a rich singing voice, was the founder of the Bush political dynasty and was once considered a potential presidential candidate himself. Like his son, George, and grandson, George W, he went to Yale where he was, again like his descendants, a member of the secretive and influential Skull and Bones student society. He was an artillery captain in the first world war and married Dorothy Walker, the daughter of George Herbert Walker, in 1921.
In 1924, his father-in-law, a well-known St Louis investment banker, helped set him up in business in New York with Averill Harriman, the wealthy son of railroad magnate E H Harriman in New York, who had gone into banking.
One of the first jobs Walker gave Bush was to manage UBC. Bush was a founding member of the bank and the incorporation documents, which list him as one of seven directors, show he owned one share in UBC worth $125.
The bank was set up by Harriman and Bush's father-in-law to provide a US bank for the Thyssens, Germany's most powerful industrial family.
August Thyssen, the founder of the dynasty had been a major contributor to Germany's first world war effort and in the 1920s, he and his sons Fritz and Heinrich established a network of overseas banks and companies so their assets and money could be whisked offshore if threatened again.
By the time Fritz Thyssen inherited the business empire in 1926, Germany's economic recovery was faltering. After hearing Adolf Hitler speak, Thyssen became mesmerised by the young firebrand. He joined the Nazi party in December 1931 and admits backing Hitler in his autobiography, I Paid Hitler, when the National Socialists were still a radical fringe party. He stepped in several times to bail out the struggling party: in 1928 Thyssen had bought the Barlow Palace on Briennerstrasse, in Munich, which Hitler converted into the Brown House, the headquarters of the Nazi party. The money came from another Thyssen overseas institution, the Bank voor Handel en Scheepvarrt in Rotterdam.
By the late 1930s, Brown Brothers Harriman, which claimed to be the world's largest private investment bank, and UBC had bought and shipped millions of dollars of gold, fuel, steel, coal and US treasury bonds to Germany, both feeding and financing Hitler's build-up to war.
Between 1931 and 1933 UBC bought more than $8m worth of gold, of which $3m was shipped abroad. According to documents seen by the Guardian, after UBC was set up it transferred $2m to BBH accounts and between 1924 and 1940 the assets of UBC hovered around $3m, dropping to $1m only on a few occasions.
In 1941, Thyssen fled Germany after falling out with Hitler but he was captured in France and detained for the remainder of the war.
There was nothing illegal in doing business with the Thyssens throughout the 1930s and many of America's best-known business names invested heavily in the German economic recovery. However, everything changed after Germany invaded Poland in 1939. Even then it could be argued that BBH was within its rights continuing business relations with the Thyssens until the end of 1941 as the US was still technically neutral until the attack on Pearl Harbor. The trouble started on July 30 1942 when the New York Herald-Tribune ran an article entitled "Hitler's Angel Has $3m in US Bank". UBC's huge gold purchases had raised suspicions that the bank was in fact a "secret nest egg" hidden in New York for Thyssen and other Nazi bigwigs. The Alien Property Commission (APC) launched an investigation.
There is no dispute over the fact that the US government seized a string of assets controlled by BBH - including UBC and SAC - in the autumn of 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy act. What is in dispute is if Harriman, Walker and Bush did more than own these companies on paper.
Erwin May, a treasury attache and officer for the department of investigation in the APC, was assigned to look into UBC's business. The first fact to emerge was that Roland Harriman, Prescott Bush and the other directors didn't actually own their shares in UBC but merely held them on behalf of Bank voor Handel. Strangely, no one seemed to know who owned the Rotterdam-based bank, including UBC's president.
May wrote in his report of August 16 1941: "Union Banking Corporation, incorporated August 4 1924, is wholly owned by the Bank voor Handel en Scheepvaart N.V of Rotterdam, the Netherlands. My investigation has produced no evidence as to the ownership of the Dutch bank. Mr Cornelis [sic] Lievense, president of UBC, claims no knowledge as to the ownership of the Bank voor Handel but believes it possible that Baron Heinrich Thyssen, brother of Fritz Thyssen, may own a substantial interest."
May cleared the bank of holding a golden nest egg for the Nazi leaders but went on to describe a network of companies spreading out from UBC across Europe, America and Canada, and how money from voor Handel travelled to these companies through UBC.
By September May had traced the origins of the non-American board members and found that Dutchman HJ Kouwenhoven - who met with Harriman in 1924 to set up UBC - had several other jobs: in addition to being the managing director of voor Handel he was also the director of the August Thyssen bank in Berlin and a director of Fritz Thyssen's Union Steel Works, the holding company that controlled Thyssen's steel and coal mine empire in Germany.
Within a few weeks, Homer Jones, the chief of the APC investigation and research division sent a memo to the executive committee of APC recommending the US government vest UBC and its assets. Jones named the directors of the bank in the memo, including Prescott Bush's name, and wrote: "Said stock is held by the above named individuals, however, solely as nominees for the Bank voor Handel, Rotterdam, Holland, which is owned by one or more of the Thyssen family, nationals of Germany and Hungary. The 4,000 shares hereinbefore set out are therefore beneficially owned and help for the interests of enemy nationals, and are vestible by the APC," according to the memo from the National Archives seen by the Guardian.
Red-handed
You got a link for all of this? Not saying you're making this up, I would just like to see it in its original form.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:23 PM   #13
SteelerEmpire
Team Owner
 
SteelerEmpire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 2,933
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14355
Thanks: 1,719
Thanked 2,306 Times in 1,027 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

If only the war went on long enough for Germany at the time of the development of the A-Bomb. Engineered by a Jew (Robert Oppenheimer and 90% of Manhattan Project scientists, Jews) and the most important part of the Physics (Einstein's "E=mc2") also, Jew ... the closest thing we have to "literal hell" would have been unleashed on the 3td Reich... darn, just missed em'...
__________________

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #14
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
no it's about how certain facts about our politicians and the things that go on in this country and in the world , seems to go unreported in our media.
don't you find it strange that 2 of our presidents were neighbors and friends of the man that tried to kill a president ? coincidence ?
do you find it strange that 2 of our presidents were business partners with the family of a man that "supposedly" planned 9-11 ? coincedence ?
don't you find it strange that right after 9-11 , when no planes were supposed to be flying , a bunch of bin ladens family members were flown out of the US to saudi arabia ?
Isn't it strange how you care? Isn't it strange how politicians have always been liars and people think they're awesome because they dug something up about their past?
Go read about the past and family history of Obama, Jimmy Carter, Woodrow Wilson. I could care less who you attack and for whatever reason, but atleast keep it fair and attack people from both parties, because you'll find out they all suck and no one should have ever voted for them
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #15
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,404
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 960
Thanked 4,174 Times in 1,770 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
You got a link for all of this? Not saying you're making this up, I would just like to see it in its original form.
make it up ? i didn't write the article .. just google the words "bush" and "nazi" , i'm sure you'll find this article and thousands more on the subject.
here's another one ....

Quote:
Bush - Nazi Link Confirmed


by John Buchanan, The New Hampshire Gazette, October 10, 2003



WASHINGTON - After 60 years of inattention and even denial by the U.S. media, newly-uncovered government documents in The National Archives and Library of Congress reveal that Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, served as a business partner of and U.S. banking operative for the financial architect of the Nazi war machine from 1926 until 1942, when Congress took aggressive action against Bush and his "enemy national" partners.
The documents also show that Bush and his colleagues, according to reports from the U.S. Department of the Treasury and FBI, tried to conceal their financial alliance with German industrialist Fritz Thyssen, a steel and coal baron who, beginning in the mid-1920s, personally funded Adolf Hitler's rise to power by the subversion of democratic principle and German law.
Furthermore, the declassified records demonstrate that Bush and his associates, who included E. Roland Harriman, younger brother of American icon W. Averell Harriman, and George Herbert Walker, President Bush's maternal great-grandfather, continued their dealings with the German industrial baron for nearly eight months after the U.S. entered the war.
No Story?
For six decades these historical facts have gone unreported by the mainstream U.S. media. The essential facts have appeared on the Internet and in relatively obscure books, but were dismissed by the media and Bush family as undocumented diatribes. This story has also escaped the attention of "official" Bush biographers, Presidential historians and publishers of U.S. history books covering World War II and its aftermath.
The White House did not respond to phone calls seeking comment.
The Summer of '42
continued....
http://www.georgewalkerbush.net/bush...kconfirmed.htm
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:31 PM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,404
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 960
Thanked 4,174 Times in 1,770 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Isn't it strange how you care? Isn't it strange how politicians have always been liars and people think they're awesome because they dug something up about their past?
Go read about the past and family history of Obama, Jimmy Carter, Woodrow Wilson. I could care less who you attack and for whatever reason, but atleast keep it fair and attack people from both parties, because you'll find out they all suck and no one should have ever voted for them
ok JR ....the adults are trying to have a conversation... why don't you go outside and play...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:21 PM   #17
lionslicer
Team President
 
lionslicer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,371
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12850
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
ok JR ....the adults are trying to have a conversation... why don't you go outside and play...
I didn't say anything imature other than you just being one of those anti government conspiracy theorists who thinks Bush is a nazi who planned 9/11 so he could go to the middle east and get cheap gas for america.

I really seriously don't care, but I'd rather give some consistancy to an arguement to show there are 2 sides of the story. Even if I don't believe in it, just a personal belief, block me
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:41 PM   #18
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,801
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,931
Thanked 982 Times in 513 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
make it up ? i didn't write the article .. just google the words "bush" and "nazi" , i'm sure you'll find this article and thousands more on the subject.
here's another one ....
Like I said, I"M not accusing you of making it up, you should provide links though, especially if you want people to take you seriously. Also, Lionslicer makes a great point, because there are lots of scrupulous ties to criminals from the Obama, Clinton, Wilson, Carter administrations.

You certainly can't expect people to just take your word for it. Especially when they aren't even your words. Provide links, so I can check out your assertions for myself. No one is going to go on a wild goose chase just because you say its so.


So in closing, links or it didn't happen.
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:02 PM   #19
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter
 
MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,404
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1990
Thanks: 960
Thanked 4,174 Times in 1,770 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Hitman View Post
Like I said, I"M not accusing you of making it up, you should provide links though, especially if you want people to take you seriously. Also, Lionslicer makes a great point, because there are lots of scrupulous ties to criminals from the Obama, Clinton, Wilson, Carter administrations.

You certainly can't expect people to just take your word for it. Especially when they aren't even your words. Provide links, so I can check out your assertions for myself. No one is going to go on a wild goose chase just because you say its so.


So in closing, links or it didn't happen.
well i provided you a knew article with a link , so do you want to challenge how valid the source is ?
but anywho , this wasn't meant to be a partisan pissing match over what party is the bigger scumbags. i think they run neck - n - neck in that race. ... my focal point is on the media. why do / did , they fail to let americans in on some pretty heavy duty skeletons in certain politician closets ? i mean there's arnie shwartzy on record saying he admires hitler , and dreams of being a dictator of a country
why have i never heard this in the main stream media ? is it insignificant ? would voters have just laughed and said " oh that silly arnie" ? would christian republican voters have just let it slide that arnie posed nude for a gay magazine ?

if you've got some dirt that isn't common knowledge on lib scumbags , by all means share it...
__________________
“If tyranny and oppression come to this land it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.” ― James Madison

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson


Last edited by MasterOfPuppets; 01-15-2011 at 10:12 PM.
MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #20
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain
 
BrandonCarr39's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 917
Member Number: 7458
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Re: How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

There's also another part of the story to Nazi Germany they don't teach you in today's public school education(which is pretty much been propagandized by the United Nations and the NWO) - the elite bankers/Rothchilds/Rockefellers roles in it. Hitler was evil, yes, but like Obama, he was just a puppet for the shadow governments in this world. Ultimately, the bankers making a killing off of this war.

This is largely the big engineer for all of these wars in this world - MONEY.
__________________
Scott A. Johnson - Current Events and Bible Study
http://contendingfortruth.com
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts