Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Attention Ben Roethlisberger doubters and haters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...afc-north-team

Here, I'll heat it up in here.

Offense

Quarterback: Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

Skinny: Had Ben Roethlisberger not missed four games, he probably would have surpassed Flacco. But "Joe Cool" gets the nod in his third season after leading the Ravens to 12 wins and their third consecutive playoff appearance. His next step is to perform well in the postseason.

Generally I like James Walker, and I understand his perspective to some extent, but really? Flaccid over Ben?!!! As the guys on ESPN say, "C'mon man!!"

Flacco over Ben? Going into the playoffs, that's going out on a limb. Here's the playoff stat lines for both QB's. Big Ben may be the best big game QB of all time. Joe's stats may be the worst of any QB that's played in at least 5 playoff games.

Ben 8-2 172-278 61.5% 2,239yds 15TD 12INT
Joe 3-2 57-120 45.9% 660yds 1TD 6INT

an avg. QB rating is probably 75-80.

Joe has had one game above avg. at 89. In the other 4 games he has been pathetic with his 2nd best playoff performance at a 59.

Ben on the other hand has had 2 incredible games of 149 and 125 ratings and 8 of his 10 playoff games have been higher than 78.

Last edited by steelerchad; 01-07-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...afc-north-team

Here, I'll heat it up in here.

Offense

Quarterback: Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens

Skinny: Had Ben Roethlisberger not missed four games, he probably would have surpassed Flacco. But "Joe Cool" gets the nod in his third season after leading the Ravens to 12 wins and their third consecutive playoff appearance. His next step is to perform well in the postseason.

Generally I like James Walker, and I understand his perspective to some extent, but really? Flaccid over Ben?!!! As the guys on ESPN say, "C'mon man!!"
Uh Oh zulater...you gonna give bobbyjr. a woody

Might as well dress em in skirts!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #13
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I'm calling it now: The hero of this playoff series will be HEATH MILLER.
You spelled Emmanuel Sanders wrong.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #14
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Make your presense known now, before the Steelers play a playoff game. No one wants to hear your ass if we lose a game come on here afterwards telling us how you knew it all along.

So tell us now or forever hold your peace.
Sure no problem. If he plays a game like he did against Cleveland we should coast to the 7th Super Bowl victory. I think he has been super inconsistent this year. He is the leader of this offense that has looked so bad this year , redzone especially. People give him all the credit when we win so it only fair that as bad as this offense has looked should reflect on him. He struggled against Baltimore,Buffalo,Cinncy, New Orleans,Jets, New England he looked terrible until garbage time and Miami he almost fumbled the game away,he did really we got a gift from the refs. So yeah if Ben plays like he did in those games we will probably lose. The defense has done its job all year, its a joke in the games like Buffalo that we can blow that team off the field. To me poor Qb play is the reason. He has games that he either make passes to the WR's shoe laces or over there heads 4 feet. He looked great against the browns,right the lowly browns. Can he be that good against a playoff caliber team next week ? I have my doubts.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #15
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468

big ben as usual will march down the field and win the games with bombs,pinpoint passing..comparing him to flacco n the playoffs is a complete joke and really no comparison there...ben is the best with the game on the line...best big game qb out there,,,,,
good news guys when ravens play brady in 2 weeks they are goin to hutr him and he wont be playin against us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! crystal ball says!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Sure no problem. If he plays a game like he did against Cleveland we should coast to the 7th Super Bowl victory. I think he has been super inconsistent this year. He is the leader of this offense that has looked so bad this year , redzone especially. People give him all the credit when we win so it only fair that as bad as this offense has looked should reflect on him. He struggled against Baltimore,Buffalo,Cinncy, New Orleans,Jets, New England he looked terrible until garbage time and Miami he almost fumbled the game away,he did really we got a gift from the refs. So yeah if Ben plays like he did in those games we will probably lose. The defense has done its job all year, its a joke in the games like Buffalo that we can blow that team off the field. To me poor Qb play is the reason. He has games that he either make passes to the WR's shoe laces or over there heads 4 feet. He looked great against the browns,right the lowly browns. Can he be that good against a playoff caliber team next week ? I have my doubts.

I guess you're entitled to your opinion. But statistically, Ben's worst game this year was N.O. with a 67 QB rating. He's had a bunch of pretty good games and most importantly he's taken care of the ball this year. Only 5 INT's in 12 games.
He's also been very good in the playoffs in the past. 8 of his 10 playoff performances have been avg. to great. He's had 2 bad games in the playoffs. And those numbers are against playoff teams, which should be the best teams, right.
It wouldn't shock me if he had a bad game in the playoffs, but odds are he won't.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #17
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

It looks to me that Ben is finally hitting his stride and in sync with the receivers after the lack of preseason time, the suspension and having to knock the rust off. I think it comes more down to if the O-line can continue to protect him like they have the past few games. They have stepped up their game a bit and Ben seems to be getting rid of the ball quicker on slant patterns and passes to the RBs out of the backfield. If they continue doing those things, I think the sky's the limit with this team. They just need to find a way to beat the Cheatriots* in my opinion. Ben is going to have a huge playoff run IMHO.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:09 PM   #18
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Ben and the Offense haven't been particularly impressive against strong teams. Now that we'll be playing Superbowl candidates, I hope they'll show a totally different face otherwise it could be a very short post season.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:29 PM   #19
Steelstoned1972
UNLEASHING HELL SINCE '72
Supporter

Member Number: 16903
Thanked 2,062 Times in 1,186 Posts

I actually think ben will shine and our defense is gettin healthier and have been playing better pass defense as of late..........this year seems like a year that has doubters from the beginning but this core group has been through many wars and has come out on top, throw in some of our younger rising stars ( timmons , pouncey , wallace , sanders , brown , hood , mendy , etc ) and i think we have a killer recipe. " our number and our goal is seven , our playmaker on def . troy #43 (4+3 =7 ) and on offense is #7 "
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM   #20
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 7,114 Times in 3,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post

Roethlisberger is and always will be great! I think the problem (B.A) never even steps onto the field.
I think a big problem with Roethlisberger and the offense IS the inconsitancy. I don't know if it's the style of offense they run or what.
I was going to back up Buffalo and say that their defense was pretty tough, but it seems they were 28th in scoring and 24th in total yards allowed. ouch.
Closed Thread