Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #21
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965
Default Re: Attention Ben Roethlisberger doubters and haters.

Hopefully they let Ben run the no huddle besides the 2 minute drill and if they are behind at the end. They look so much better in that mode.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #22
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

no one else i'd rather have behind center at this stage of the game than Ben
Old 01-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #23
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Sure no problem. If he plays a game like he did against Cleveland we should coast to the 7th Super Bowl victory. I think he has been super inconsistent this year. He is the leader of this offense that has looked so bad this year , redzone especially. People give him all the credit when we win so it only fair that as bad as this offense has looked should reflect on him. He struggled against Baltimore,Buffalo,Cinncy, New Orleans,Jets, New England he looked terrible until garbage time and Miami he almost fumbled the game away,he did really we got a gift from the refs. So yeah if Ben plays like he did in those games we will probably lose. The defense has done its job all year, its a joke in the games like Buffalo that we can blow that team off the field. To me poor Qb play is the reason. He has games that he either make passes to the WR's shoe laces or over there heads 4 feet. He looked great against the browns,right the lowly browns. Can he be that good against a playoff caliber team next week ? I have my doubts.
So has Ben been the problem when the offense isn't getting the job done? Do you think he's a below average qb, or perhaps just average? How many qb's do you see operating behind our o-line doing a better job? Was Kordell better? Did Ben just tag along for the ride when we won our last two Super Bowls?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:43 PM   #24
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
So has Ben been the problem when the offense isn't getting the job done? Do you think he's a below average qb, or perhaps just average? How many qb's do you see operating behind our o-line doing a better job? Was Kordell better? Did Ben just tag along for the ride when we won our last two Super Bowls?
IF YOU CAN REMEMBER THE WHOLE WHY BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR ??? CAN YOU ????? 3-1 WITHOUT ROETHLISBERGER. I THINK TAMPA GAME WAS THE BEST THE OFFENSE LOOKED THIS YEAR. SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BATCH AND DIXION CAN SURVIVE BEHIND OUR LINE. THAT IS SUCH A COP OUT THAT HE IS THE ONLY QB THAT COULD, YOUR THEORY WAS PROVED TO BE BUNK THIS YEAR.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:46 PM   #25
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
IF YOU CAN REMEMBER THE WHOLE WHY BACK TO THE BEGINNING OF THIS YEAR ??? CAN YOU ????? 3-1 WITHOUT ROETHLISBERGER. I THINK TAMPA GAME WAS THE BEST THE OFFENSE LOOKED THIS YEAR. SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION BATCH AND DIXION CAN SURVIVE BEHIND OUR LINE. THAT IS SUCH A COP OUT THAT HE IS THE ONLY QB THAT COULD, YOUR THEORY WAS PROVED TO BE BUNK THIS YEAR.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536

Why the caps? Uh you really think Dennis dixon and Batch are on par with Ben?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #26
USWSteel
Banned

Quote:
Like I said, people like you give him all the credit for the wins, but look past HIM when it struggles. YES i think his inconsistent is the reason. WAS it Bruce Arians fault last week when the offense lit it up ? Take off the Balck and gold sunglasses and put down the Big Ben kool aid !
Old 01-07-2011, 06:50 PM   #27
USWSteel
Banned

Quote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536

Why the caps? Uh you really think Dennis dixon and Batch are on par with Ben?
Not What I said and you know that... you are wrong ...face it.

By the way your the one that started this thread ...are you going to cry and whine now if people do what you ask and post a "doubt or hate" topic as you put it?
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #28
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:

Huh!! Hey Arnold,,I can remember back,,and I remember our offense AT HOME against a less then AVERAGE Atlanta defense not scoring a SINGLE TD in 4 Quarters, and was LUCKY to get that long TD Run by Mendy. I remember that if weren't for Antonio Brown's opening Kick-off in Tennessee,,,we would have lost that game. Or were you AMAZED by the COMBINED Passing yards of Batch and Dixon which was 43 Yds And what was it about the Baltimore game on offense you were Impressed with ? After Mendy had that one nice 7 Yd TD run,,Batch had 4 other straight chances, TWO that started inside Baltimore's 45 Yd line,,,and Batch went 0-8 passing, and we went 3 and out 4 straight times!

Please Arnold,,,,Batch, and Dixon did as YOMAN of a Job as they could,,,But to say we were close to comparable on offense with them as we are with Ben is as STUPID as a statement as they come
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #29
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Like I said, people like you give him all the credit for the wins, but look past HIM when it struggles. YES i think his inconsistent is the reason. WAS it Bruce Arians fault last week when the offense lit it up ? Take off the Balck and gold sunglasses and put down the Big Ben kool aid !
I guess it's the difference between knowing the difference between an elite franchise qb, and mediocre crap like Kordell, Charlie Batch, and the dreadfull Dennis dixon. If you don't see it, I can't explain it, so I wont bother trying anymore.

Just remember when the day comes that Ben helps this team win it's 7th Lombardi, he'll have done 3 times. But I guess you'll see that as nothing more than a coincidence, too bad Korkie wasn't so lucky, huh?
Old 01-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #30
zulater
Team Owner

Quote:
Not What I said and you know that... you are wrong ...face it.

By the way your the one that started this thread ...are you going to cry and whine now if people do what you ask and post a "doubt or hate" topic as you put it?
No I wont whine, that's their right to be wrong.