Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
NEWstevo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15010
Default Crazy Steeler fan?

What makes a Pittsburgh Steeler fan more crazy than the normal football fans?

I have the usual 6 jerseys, 4 sweatshirts, countless t-shirts, a couple of dozen hats, and gloves with the Steeler logo on them (and my wife too). But I also have Steeler floor mats for my truck, Terrible Towels, blankets, Black-n-Gold Christmas ornaments, posters, pictures, signed plaques, pens, garbage can, footballs, and every Superbowl on DVD.

I am only slightly more into the Steelers than my family and friends… cause having all that stuff seems to be the norm in Western Pennsylvania. Hell, my 85 year old grandmother has a Terrible Towel and sleeps with her Steeler blanket.

So what makes a Steeler fan…… crazy? Anyone go overboard even by Steeler-fan standards?
NEWstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,195 Times in 500 Posts
Default Re: Crazy Steeler fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post

I have the usual 6 jerseys, 4 sweatshirts, countless t-shirts, a couple of dozen hats, and gloves with the Steeler logo on them (and my wife too). But I also have Steeler floor mats for my truck, Terrible Towels, blankets, Black-n-Gold Christmas ornaments, posters, pictures, signed plaques, pens, garbage can, footballs, and every Superbowl on DVD.

I am only slightly more into the Steelers than my family and friends… cause having all that stuff seems to be the norm in Western Pennsylvania. Hell, my 85 year old grandmother has a Terrible Towel and sleeps with her Steeler blanket.

So what makes a Steeler fan…… crazy? Anyone go overboard even by Steeler-fan standards?
If I'd go into detail, you'd think I'm a nutbag. But when people look at you weird and give the "dude, it's only a game.." line then you know you have a problem, haha.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

I way surpass any of that stuff ! Lets just say ill start and leave it with over 60+ Steeler Jerseys !
Old 01-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #4
saveus1011
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14643

If I had a nickel for every time I've been told "It's just a game."

F! YOU! F you it's just a game. I live, breathe and die for this team, and no doubt my gear is going to increase when I'm more financially sound.

Putting it mildly, every day during the season I take my Terrible Towel with me, been known to pick up waitresses when we win, and take games personally when they have special meaning behind them to me (i.e. - Vikings game last year, or every time we play the Falcons.)
saveus1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #5
NEWstevo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15010

60 jesery's? Wow thats awesome. I wanna hear more. I really want to hear the extreme that some of us fans will go to.

It's like an addiction. And its more than a game to me, its my Sunday religion.
NEWstevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:52 AM   #6
1fastprototype
Water Boy

Member Number: 1071

How about living in Chicago and only missing 2-3 games per year. I have not missed a home game or playoff since I started to be able to afford it in 1991. I grew up going to all home games in the 70's only to be a steel mill closing transplant in 1983. Moving away from friends, family, and the area I had grown up to love was not as devastasting as not being able to attend the games any more for 8 years. I wear something with the Steelers logo on it everyday and no matter the function. Blacktie, weddings, funerals, it doesn't matter. You just have to be more creative some times to show your diehard support.
1fastprototype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #7
Bubbabanjo
Banned

Member Number: 15711

Thank god no...........I have seen idiots hit visitors in the head with chairs in the parking lot. Some guy walking with his son to his car. Pats fan at the Dolphins in that case. Just for wearing a Jersey. Thrown batteries in Cleveland. Man there are some morons out there. Luckily so far I havent seen that level of idiocy from Steeler fans. Course Sunday ticket commercials showing waitresses wringing filth into a fans glass in Dallas doesnt help. People need to get a grip. Stay a fan.....dont be a fanatic. And for gods sake dont dress up like Halloween for the game. Makes me cringe seeing that on TV. Its just gettin ridiculus.
Bubbabanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #8
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,685 Times in 1,763 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWstevo View Post

Good start!

I would just say that makes you normal.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey_J View Post
I way surpass any of that stuff ! Lets just say ill start and leave it with over 60+ Steeler Jerseys !
Prove it!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:48 PM   #10
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Winning is what makes us crazy. If we had never won any of those SBs in the 70s we would just look like enthusiastic Saints fans
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote