Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,830 Times in 2,093 Posts
Default raiders thinking of trading up to #2

according to their "front office" i heard this on "around the horn" and sirius. kinda seems like a stupid move to me. unless theyre really starting to want leinart. looks like leinart's new agent has been on the phone with alot of teams and is really stirring the pot.

people dont just fire lee steinberg (although t. condon aint no joke and seems to be delivering more action for his client). steinbergs the one who did bens deal and didnt lock him into any rookie endorsement deals, knowing ben had a great shot to win the sb and command a much higher price afterwards.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: raiders thinking of trading up to #2

Leinert? Al Davis covets Vince Young, and is afraid the Titans are going to take him at #3.

If they move up, Davis will take Young. Bank it.

(Remember, this is a team that drafted a kicker who was on the verge of being deported in the first round...compared to that, this pick is zero risk).

PS I will enjoy seeing "the Rock" commit internet hari kari if this happens.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Despite reports to the contrary, the Oakland Raiders are not considering trading up from the seventh spot in the first round for any of the three quarterbacks. Now that they have ex-New Orleans quarterback Aaron Brooks and with second-year quarterback Andrew Walter throwing a better ball than Brooks in the club's first mini-camp, there is no desperate need for a quarterback.

If one falls to them, yes, they may take Vince Young, but otherwise they are focused on players like Texas safety Michael Huff while wondering if San Francisco is really going to select Maryland tight end Vernon Davis.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/NFL_Czar

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:24 PM   #4
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

This is all well and good, but ignores the one variable that trumps any logical or rationale views on the situation; namely, Al Davis is a crazy man.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
This is all well and good, but ignores the one variable that trumps any logical or rationale views on the situation; namely, Al Davis is a crazy man.
lol....good point!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
noone really understands why they would be thinking of moving to #2 with a good chance to get young at 7. i know leinart will probably be firing his 2nd agent if young goes ahead of him. he woulda been a 2nd year starter in sanfransisco with the richest rookie contract to date and he gave it up for bush to take his heisman and young to take his national championship.

in the words of nelson munson: HA HA!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Word is that Leinert fired Steinburg and hired Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency, who handle Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, and Bon Jovi among others) because he's considering some kind of wacky part-time Hollywood career.

If THAT doesn't scare the shit out of the GM's looking at this kid, I'm not sure what would.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Word is that Leinert fired Steinburg and hired Tom Condon (Creative Artists Agency, who handle Tom Cruise, Steven Spielberg, and Bon Jovi among others) because he's considering some kind of wacky part-time Hollywood career.

If THAT doesn't scare the shit out of the GM's looking at this kid, I'm not sure what would.
no sh..! i didnt know c.a.a. handles those hollywoodites. steinburg is a hall of an agent and he does what he feels best to help manage his clients carrer. m. whienart must be having no part of that. i think his ego has been severely damaged after this past year.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

This is from about 6 months ago, but it's pretty clear that CAA is about movies first...

http://www.mailtribune.com/archive/2...ries/03biz.htm
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #10
Tha rock
Starter

Member Number: 406

Raiders | Not likely to trade up; may choose a quarterback if available
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:36:40 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it appears the Oakland Raiders will not trade up in the NFL Draft to select USC QB Matt Leinart or Texas QB Vince Young. However, it will be hard for them to pass on either one if they fall to the Raiders at No. 7. It's not known how the Raiders feel about Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler.

were not moving up and huff is the guy, stupid people say were moving up evry draft and it doesnt happen. we may still get matt if he slides but not young.

1. Matt
2. daniel bullock SS
3. Jon alsoton OLB
4. DT