Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #11
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965
Default Re: The Ravens are gonna be tired

for a road playoff game the Ravens came out very well. the chiefs weren't exactly laying the hits on them.
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #12
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsteeler25 View Post
Glad we got them on SAT...1 less day they have to rest..by the 3rd you will see them wear down... How is the health of the Ravens?
Their also going to be tired of getting that ass whooped by Pittsburgh!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM   #13
Chadmagic
Banned

Member Number: 17433

I think the chiefs were poised to pull off an upset when they took the early lead. The chiefs defense played a tough game. It was the offense who started hot but then got turnover fever in the second half that let them down. Those red zone turnovers were the difference. Other than that it was an even game and in the first half I think the chiefs outplayed the ravens.
Why the chiefs decided to pass mire in the second half instead if going with the run (which was working!) I'll never no. But the ravens D took advantage of it and came up with sack/fumbles and QB pressure which resulted in interceptions.
Either way the ravens will be here Saturday. I don't think they will be tired but may have an edge because they didn't have a week off snd will still be hot so to speak. While the Steelers will be rested but will prob need the first quarter to warm up and get into game mode.
This game will be all defense. And the offense that makes the least mistakes will win. So Ben will get sacked prob multiple times. He just has to not fumble in the process. By the same token we will get our sacks and hopefully like the last game one will be a turnover and that will be the difference maker.
I expect an almost exact copy of the previous games this year where in it be close low scoring and the team who has the ball last will have a chance to win
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #14
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696

I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired. While this would be a valid excuse should they lose (6 days rest VS 2 weeks), the Ravens have more momentum at this point than the Steelers. The other factors involved more than make up for the lack of rest.

The bye week can come back to bite a team. It has happened to teams in the past. NFL coaches say they generally don't want to take a long break when their team is playing well. The Steelers destroyed Cleveland, had perhaps their best game of the year. But then they have to cool their heels for two weeks. That Cleveland game already seems like a long time ago.

The Ravens just had a great 2nd half against KC, the best half of football they have played all year. They made the Chiefs look like they didn't belong on the same field, esp. Cassell and the Chiefs star running back. and will have a chance to continue that level of play in just a few days.

I'm picking the Ravens. I think they are the hot team, the team with the momentum, the talent edge, and the emotional edge. , I see them getting off to a hot start and a comfortable lead by halftime, in Pittsburgh next weekend.

The game will be physical, a war, but not as close as recent games between the two teams have been, with Baltimore achieving at least a 9 point win, and moving on to the AFC Championship game.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
Don't fool yourselves guys.....its going to be a war till the end
this
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #16
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

If anyone thinks the steelers will still be asleep at kickoff you are a fool. It's the ravens...with a team full of playoff vets, I HIGHLY doubt anyone will be caught flat coming into this game.

The ravens didn't play all that great. KC just played that bad. Take your blinders off bobby. Best half of football my ass. They got extremely lucky KC became careless with the ball and were given a couple possessions in the red zone. KC didn't belong in the post season. So beating a team that was simply average, one week after nearly losing to a team that was atrocious, does not equate beating a better team the following week.

Your too confident, and you will be very very depressed after next saturday. Maybe you will crawl back to whatever poebirds message board you came from and stay the hell out of this one. f'n troll get a life already. nobody here cares about what you think anyways
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #17
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477

The bye week can hurt you and help you. 26/40 teams to have a bye in the last 10 years won their game so it's not a foregone conclusion that a bye is a bad thing. And FYI, Steelers had a great game in week 17 of 2008 and they were able to ride that momentum (a 31-0 win over none other then the Brownies) to a Super Bowl. Yes, yes, i know what you will say... what a weak playoff run, the Chargers and the Ravens. I'll disagree there, too. Yes, the Chargers were an 8-8 team, but as typical of the Chargers they started slow and then had a 3 game losing streak against three playoff teams (including a 1pt loss to Pitts and a 3pt loss to Indy). I'll be the first to say that I am glad the Chargers are not in this years playoffs, they would be a dangerous team despite a 9-7 finish... had they won the West it would have been interesting yesterday with Baltimore playing in SD.

But yes, you are right... the Ravens will not lose because they are tired. They are professionals that are very hungry for a win in PIT, they'll come ready to game as they did in 2008. But a great second half against a trainwreck called KC does not make them the hot team... if anybody is the hot team its Seattle with a win over the champs.
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #18
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
I wouldn't count on the tired thing. If anything they will be sharper than the Steelers. Winning on the road in the playoffs gives your team an energy boost.

ditto

These guys are professional athletes. I think they'll recover from playing 60 minutes of football the week before.....especially knowing they are coming to our house.

People over play this. Consider that each player probably doesn't play 30 minutes during a game. Sure it's physical, but unless they are trying to recover from a significant injury I do not think "tired" enters into the mind of any of these guys. I mean look at what hockey players endure every week.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:54 PM   #19
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

I believe the Chiefs game hurt the Ravens chances against the Steelers, but not because they were banged up or will be tired this week. They played a team that totally laid down for them and didn't push them for the win. Now those dirty ratbirds will have to take an over-inflated ego into the 'Burgh where the Steelers veterans will be feeling pretty damned good. Flacco can think he's the next Montana after that awesome win ... but I get the feeling he won't be lighting up that Steelers D like they are the overrated Chiefs defense. And Ray-Ray can expect the Steelers aren't going to just hand them the ball like the overrated Chiefs offense. I have yet to see an analyst claim a victory by either team of more than 3 points. I think the Steelers win by more than 7 points and the end of the game isn't a nail bitter ... not necessarily a blow-out, but not the close games we've seen. And the Ravens can thank the Chiefs for rolling over and not keep the ratbirds on their toes.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:12 PM   #20
SteelWolf62
Water Boy

Member Number: 8500
My Mood: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Their also going to be tired of getting that ass whooped by Pittsburgh!
Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SteelWolf62 is offline   Reply With Quote