Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-10-2011, 02:23 PM   #21
bobby jr
Banned

Member Number: 15696
Default Re: The Ravens are gonna be tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by billym99 View Post
The bye week can hurt you and help you. 26/40 teams to have a bye in the last 10 years won their game so it's not a foregone conclusion that a bye is a bad thing. And FYI, Steelers had a great game in week 17 of 2008 and they were able to ride that momentum (a 31-0 win over none other then the Brownies) to a Super Bowl. Yes, yes, i know what you will say... what a weak playoff run, the Chargers and the Ravens. I'll disagree there, too. Yes, the Chargers were an 8-8 team, but as typical of the Chargers they started slow and then had a 3 game losing streak against three playoff teams (including a 1pt loss to Pitts and a 3pt loss to Indy). I'll be the first to say that I am glad the Chargers are not in this years playoffs, they would be a dangerous team despite a 9-7 finish... had they won the West it would have been interesting yesterday with Baltimore playing in SD.

But yes, you are right... the Ravens will not lose because they are tired. They are professionals that are very hungry for a win in PIT, they'll come ready to game as they did in 2008. But a great second half against a trainwreck called KC does not make them the hot team... if anybody is the hot team its Seattle with a win over the champs.
TheAFC Championship game was a great one between Baltimore and Pittsburgh two years ago. But Flacco was a rookie then, it is likely he will play better this time and be less likely to make mistakes. Also the Ravens have more momentum this time and are not coming off two tough road playoff games in a row.

KC helped the confidence of the team and you should see the fans here. We usually have "purple Fridays" where everyone wears purple but today Monday looks like purple Friday. People wearing their Ravens garb everywhere.

I think the enthusiasm is so high here and I think the Ravens know it, Suggs said on TV last night that the team owes the fans of Baltimore another Championship.

As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.
bobby jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #22
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

yea i dont bye the tired thing. they have 6 days to rest and thats enough. if they had injuries that would be one thing but there a pretty healthy team and its going to be a tough one but in the end i think Ben will win it for us.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #23
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

The Ravens and Steelers should both be hungry for this one. The Ravens should be a little more desperate to win it as they've had such a tough time winning a big game against the Steelers, especially at Heinz Field.

Both teams are a little old on defense and the current window of opportunity to win it all is short with a lot of the guys on both teams. This may be the last real chance at a ring for guys like Ward, Smith, Farrior, Casey, Lewis, Reed, Mason. Both teams want this badly and both fan bases want it even more I think. I can't wait until Saturday.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:41 PM   #24
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
TheAFC Championship game was a great one between Baltimore and Pittsburgh two years ago. But Flacco was a rookie then, it is likely he will play better this time and be less likely to make mistakes. Also the Ravens have more momentum this time and are not coming off two tough road playoff games in a row.

KC helped the confidence of the team and you should see the fans here. We usually have "purple Fridays" where everyone wears purple but today Monday looks like purple Friday. People wearing their Ravens garb everywhere.

I think the enthusiasm is so high here and I think the Ravens know it, Suggs said on TV last night that the team owes the fans of Baltimore another Championship.

As for the Ravens being tired I could see that more if the KC game was close , or a physical war.
It was neither.
I work downtown Baltimore, I see it daily. And this is nothing compared to 2008 or even 2006 when they laid an egg against the Colts. My office is on Exeter Street, right across from Whole Foods... my bosses had banners on the building in 2008, purple film on the windows, I could barely work here for the week leading up to the game. I don't see nearly the enthusiasm now. Granted, they unseated the #1 team leading up to that game and it was the Conf Championship and not the divisional. The ravens symbols that they spray paint on the sidewalk that say WIN, they littered the sidewalks in '08 for weeks... I see one in Harbor East right now.

And FYI, keep banging on about the KC win but it was less then impressive. Three of the Ravens scoring drives started inside the KC 40 (38, 31, 17) off of turnovers. That is three drives that started inside of Cundiff's FG range, two of which ended in stalled drives for 3. After the 4th/1 that KC was stuffed on they were done, zero heart... they should have just handed the ball to the Ravens D. I will say the last scoring drive was impressive, something like 10 minutes of clock and they got 7, that was a damn good drive against a defense that had, at that point, been on the field all day. KC WAS THE WORST PLAYOFF TEAM, at least Seattle beat somebody worthy this year (Chi). As soon as KC stopped running the ball they were officially done, it's the only thing they can do well (and I believe they ran the ball a whopping 5 times in the 2nd half).
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM   #25
sbsteeler25
Water Boy

Member Number: 17480
Default The steelers will be fresh

I disagree with the people who think that us having the by week will not be to our advantage...Wallace with fresh legs...Watch out!!
sbsteeler25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:13 PM   #26
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: The steelers will be fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsteeler25 View Post
I disagree with the people who think that us having the by week will not be to our advantage...Wallace with fresh legs...Watch out!!
Exactly. This team (with many of the same players) has done it both ways before to win titles. They've taken the hardest road and the easier road. They know what they're in for and they'll be prepared.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:29 PM   #27
colescott1
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15803

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I'm not buying that the Ravens will lose because they are more tired. While this would be a valid excuse should they lose (6 days rest VS 2 weeks), the Ravens have more momentum at this point than the Steelers.

I see you're already lining them up...
colescott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:30 PM   #28
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Quote:
Originally Posted by colescott1 View Post
I see you're already lining them up...
exactly
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:36 PM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Tired or not, this game is going to bring the adrenaline. They'll be ready for us. The Steelers need to go full bore from the opening kickoff until the clock reaches 00:00:00

Let's get it done!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #30
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

after having a "bye" and barely any discussion about the Steelers on the ESPN-like shows, i figured i'd tune in today and see what they all had to say.
So was there plenty of Steeler discussion today?? NOPE. Unbelievable. A little bit, but hardly anything. All i heard today was the Ravens defense this, the Ravens defense that, and on and on and on, and Reed, Suggs, Lewis etc. All day.
Well i think there's a guy called James Harrison who might have something to say. And LaMarr Woodley. And Timmons, and more.
I will tell you this.....IF we beat Baltimore Saturday, it will be the most satisfying win we've ever had over the Ravens. I'm really hoping for the best.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote