Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,033 Times in 2,579 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Pittsburgh/Baltimore Week : Part III

man, this is what sucks about a bye week, we have to listen to dick suckers like bobby jr for an extra week
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #12
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Pittsburgh/Baltimore Week : Part III

ESPN this and ESPN2 that.

Consider your sources, jr. Really... Go back, click the link I first submitted, read it's contents because it is awesome if you are a fan of the Steelers or Ravens...

... then defend your Ravens.

Otherwise... Pretty simple there, Bubba.

Facts are facts. As good and consistent as the Ravens have been, they always seem to be one step behind the Steelers. Why do you think that is? Why, jr? Why?

Penny for your thoughts, bro.
MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #13
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Like I've said before. The Ravens our our little b****. The bigger the game, the better chance we have to win. We own them when it matters. We are the big brother, they are the little brother. They are good, we are great. We get the best of this one as well.
Will it be close probably. But winning is what the Steelers do.

Hey Booby,
Have you guys really only won the division title twice in your existence? Wonder who's holding you back from winning? But, don't worry. 2nd place is respectable.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #14
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
We didn't have Heap for the last Pittsburgh game which we barely lost. Given the big game he had today I think that will make a big difference.
Keep on rationalizing. You can convince yourself all you want that the Ravens will win, but that won't make it so.

We all know the game will probably be close. Todd Heap could make a difference in a close game. No doubt. He's a pretty good TE - so is Heath Miller.

If you don't recall, I'll recap. Heath Miller experienced a concussion during an illegal helmet-to-helmet hit, which wasn't flagged. Miller missed most of the game. His absence also made a big difference as well.

In a close game, often it comes down to the play of the quarterback. Ben is better than Flacco, especially in clutch situations. How many times has "Fourth-and-two" Joe failed to rally the troops or made a huge mistake that costs the Ravens the game?

I lost track.

He came through once, but with an asterisk. Ben wasn't playing in that game. The rebuttal was engineered by one Charlie Batch.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #15
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

The Ravens are running on intangibles, calculations, and formulas to justify why they'll win this game.

Don't get me wrong, they're a good team and a good organization, but for years, they've been stuck in the shadow of the Steelers. Even when they're not playing, Pittsburgh(and the Colts) are deeply ingrained into the psyches of Raven players, brass, and fans. The Steelers are in their heads 24/7. The Ravens want to be great, but Pittsburgh always stood in their way.

I pray to God the Ravens pump themselves up and hype out in the media about how great they are this week. I also hope the pundits hop on their sacks too. Kansas City was playing them tough until they unraveled after Charles' fumble.

Last edited by Edman; 01-10-2011 at 04:39 AM.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #16
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Yep, here we go...

Everyone other than bobby, jr.: logic and valid stats show that the Steelers have consistently done better than the Ravens in this series

bobby, jr.: total absence of logic, the Ravens are the best team to ever walk the earth and have never lost to the Steelers because close losses don't count and big losses are irrelevant because Joe Flacco wasn't there and he craps bricks of solid gold

blah, blah, blah
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #17
Steelboy84
Banned

Member Number: 13983

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHaullace View Post
ESPN this and ESPN2 that.

Consider your sources, jr. Really... Go back, click the link I first submitted, read it's contents because it is awesome if you are a fan of the Steelers or Ravens...

... then defend your Ravens.

Otherwise... Pretty simple there, Bubba.

Facts are facts. As good and consistent as the Ravens have been, they always seem to be one step behind the Steelers. Why do you think that is? Why, jr? Why?

Penny for your thoughts, bro.

Yea, and as many years as they've had "great" defenses and picked to win it all, you'd think they'd have, what, 3 SB titles by now?
Steelboy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:39 PM   #18
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
We didn't have Heap for the last Pittsburgh game which we barely lost. Given the big game he had today I think that will make a big difference.
So by that rationale, we can say we didn' t have Ben for the first game. I knew ratbird s would pull this excuse out of the air.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:49 PM   #19
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
So by that rationale, we can say we didn' t have Ben for the first game. I knew ratbird s would pull this excuse out of the air.
We didn't have Miller for the second game either.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #20
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Actually, they don't.

I was watching an ESPN2 analysis of the upcoming games and they flashed the stats up on the screen to show how evenly matched the two teams are. They went back several years and showed that the Steelers won one 1 (one) more game than the Ravens, it was like 8 to 7 (I forget the exact numbers but it was one more game) . And the two teams had scored exactly the same amount of points! That I do remember. The stats included both postseason and regular season games.

So therefore the Steelers do NOT own this series, I don't know where you got that idea.
The two teams have played each other about as close as can be. However the Steelers are the older team (oldest defense in the league) insofar as key players go, and the Ravens likely have the edge now.

Also I think it will make for a more competitive AFC Championship game if the Ravens win. ( I'm assuming the Pats beat the Jets, since they blew them out in NE recently that is a pretty safe bet.)

We match up better with the Pats and have led them for most of the last two games played in Foxboro. Let's face it the Steelers have only a small chance of beating New England this year, given what happened at Heinz Field when they played the Pats.

Would you shut up about Heap already?? You've now used that argument in numerous threads on here. We could go on and on about the players we didn't have in certain games. We've had alot more players injured this year than the Raven's had....
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote