Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-10-2011, 05:33 AM   #11
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658
Default Re: Antwaan Randall-EL needs to step it up.

Everyone needs to step up not just ARE. Forget that trick play where he slipped and almost busted his arse. Brown, Sanders, and Mike Haul-@$$ are all speedsters and those guys need receiver screens, deep routes, and quick slants thrown their way to get a quick release from Ben when the Ratbirds wanna blitz.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #12
btaylor179
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15251

randle el sucks, always has always will.....
btaylor179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

everyone needs to step it up.....
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #14
AndyWitmyer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 14802

I know what the author of the thread was going for when he wrote this, and I think it's being taken a little out of context. He's saying that on almost every level and area of play, the Steelers and Ravens appear to be evenly matched, with lots of tough, consistent, and hard-working players. In a game where two teams are equally good at canceling out one another's strengths, the author is merely suggesting that in addition to the usual suspects (Wallace, Ward, Mendy, Ben, etc) it may come down to the work of those few lesser known and/or "underachieving" players. You know, the ones who might ordinarily be lost in shuffle?

They need to step it up - we know what to expect from the others - what I'd like to see is seeing the unexpected, from players like El who can't seem to get a compliment one way or the other. I would personally love to see a couple of very strategically placed gadget plays with ARE taking the hand off and getting it in the red zone on the sort of play that will make you almost swear for a moment that Bruce Arians might be a genius after all (those sentiments tend to be short lived!)

Anyway, I think this is what the author was trying to say. For his sake, I've at least attempted to save the thread on his behalf haha.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:17 AM   #15
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Did anyone watch the chiefs game? They tried a couple tricky plays and the result was cassel abandoning the play and scrambling for 3 yards. I doubt a team like the ravens is gonna bite so hard to leave their assignments. They play disciplined D just like we do. I doubt mendy is gonna be tearing it up in chunks where they start pulling safeties or other DB's in run support. The best tool we have right now is the deep threat in wallace. That will take reed out of his game, but they have heath that will take polamalu out of his. This is such a tight matchup. That's what the OP was trying to get at. It will be an unsung hero that makes a play or special teamer that causes a fumble (cmon sylvester!) It's going to be a close game. I'm nervous as hell and I'm sure the feeling is mutual to those ******s wearing purple
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #16
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

I believe that once again, it'll come down to the same old basic stuff.
Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game and if we're even in turnovers, whoever gets better field position will win the game. With the weather conditions we'll get next weekend, the battle will be on the ground, not in the air. I don't think we'll see many 30 yds passes and 50yds FGs.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
finesward
Team Captain

As nervous as it makes me, i believe it could be the special teams that kill us. We know suisham has been solid in the reg season, but playoffs don't seem to take kindly to him. plus the ravens have one of the best punters in the league. he put one on the one yard line yesterday that landed inches from the goal line. field position is going to be huge, limiting turnovers deep in our own territory will be even bigger. everyone is gonna have to be on their game.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #18
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
As nervous as it makes me, i believe it could be the special teams that kill us. We know suisham has been solid in the reg season, but playoffs don't seem to take kindly to him. plus the ravens have one of the best punters in the league. he put one on the one yard line yesterday that landed inches from the goal line. field position is going to be huge, limiting turnovers deep in our own territory will be even bigger. everyone is gonna have to be on their game.
i absolutely agree with this.
Its going to be critically important that we don't allow long kick-off returns. Its also going to be equally critical that we pin them deep on punts and they don't pin us deep on punts.
Whoever wins this execution will probably win the game.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:03 AM   #19
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
i absolutely agree with this.
Its going to be critically important that we don't allow long kick-off returns. Its also going to be equally critical that we pin them deep on punts and they don't pin us deep on punts.
Whoever wins this execution will probably win the game.
Like I wrote earlier, turnovers will be #1, field position will be #2. The weather is gonna be coooold and windy, so forget about a passing fest.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #20
finesward
Team Captain

I don't think they will shy from passing the ball. Not when we have shutdown the run against pretty much every team (including the ravens twice). No I think there will be lots of those timing patterns, quick slants, and short TE routes that use the middle of the field. Conversely I think even with the cold we can still take some shots down the field. If the line can hold up and pick up blitzes allowing guys to break coverage, wally could take a short hot read to the house. His speed is unrivaled in the ravens secondary. If Jamal charles can break one I'm confident he can too.