Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
School shootings are out... they're so 2000.
Yeah really. Now "the choking game" is in. Kids these days......Idiots.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-20-2006 at 11:59 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 PM   #12
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Yeah really. Now "the choking game" is in. Idiots.
I saw an new report about the "choking game" on the news around here and almost shit myself laughin. That is the dumbest idea I have ever heard of and only an overly peer pressured kid would participate in such an event. That is pathetic that they have people doin this shit because they think it is cool/fun/whatever. C'mon people, weed ain't that hard to get, and you damn sure don't have to worry bout chokin and dyin from it.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:12 PM   #13
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Personally, I don't agree with either method of getting stoned if it was my kid.

Choking game for obvious reasons.

Reefer because if they get busted with it that's just one way of starting a rap sheet. We seem to forget that it's illegal. Nevermind if it's better for you than alcohol, it's illegal. I don't want my kid getting busted. Plus I don't feel like having to worry about some punk driving in his car stoned with his friends and killing a family of five because he's going through his little teenage drug phase.

Have I smoked? Sure. I personally have grown out of that phase. It got old. Have I driven while stoned? No. Thing is, many kids do. For adults, if you want to sit home in your house or apartment and toke up all day, be my guest. Just don't drive on the same streets as me or my family members.

Everybody is fine and dandy until one of their family members are killed or their kid is busted with a quarter of purple haze. Then it's a whole different story. But, Happy 4/20. Smoke and buy safely.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-20-2006 at 12:31 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #14
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
Personally, I don't agree with either method of getting stoned if it was my kid.

Choking game for obvious reasons.

Reefer because if they get busted with it that's just one way of starting a rap sheet. We seem to forget that it's illegal. Nevermind if it's better for you than alcohol, it's illegal. I don't want my kid getting busted. Plus I don't feel like having to worry about some punk driving in his car stoned with his friends and killing a family of five because he's going through his little teenage drug phase.

Have I smoked? Sure. I personally have grown out of that phase. It got old. Have I driven while stoned? No. Thing is, many kids do. For adults, if you want to sit home in your house or apartment and toke up all day, be my guest. Just don't drive on the same streets as me or my family members.
Ok, valid enough point. Puttin similar restrictions on weed as alcohol would be safest, but that would require legalization of it. I've driven high and I do just fine. Weed affects everyone in a different way and for me I've been complacent enough to drive. My friends and I know our limits and we don't push them or do dumb shit "because it's fun" when we are high because we don't want to end up being those kids you see on the 6 o'clock news. I know that the way we act is not how everyone is and there are a lot of dumb*asses out there and that's a reason the laws should be in place. If there were places that kids could just chill out and smoke rather than drivin they would. I know because me and my boys always want to just park and chill and smoke rather than drive. A burn run can always be fun but the risks are higher and so you have to be more careful...which then ruins part of the buzz. Having over 3 grams on you if you do get pulled over will be where the kid gets f*cked because then the assh*le cop (most cops are assh*les) can charge for intent to distribute. In the end I would say that if smokin is still big when I have kids I will let my son/daughter know that if they smoke or have friends that smoke that they can do it at my house away from gettin into trouble or hurtin others. I won't promote it to them as the best thing ever but I will try to provide them a safe environment so they don't hurt themselves or anybody else. Just my 2 cents worth. Peace.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Well, I'm not going to go into the whole legalization issue. I'll leave that up to the goverment. All I know is I don't agree with people driving stoned as the same with driving drunk, if somebody kills one of my family members because they are stoned and driving, it will be the last time they drive a car or smoke a joint. That's for damn sure. If my kid gets busted smoking, buying or selling reefer his ass is mine.

Personally, I can't question police because they are doing their jobs. What others seem to forget, the cops don't make the laws, they enforce them. It's their job. The same laws that keep us safe from day to day. That's why I can never really understand why people blame the cops when they get busted for something. Blame the politicians who make the laws and people who vote them in. The feds are the ones that I question.
__________________

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 04-20-2006 at 12:56 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #16
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

If my kid sells shit I will beat his ass. As far as cops go it is the fact that they too often take advantage of situations and abuse their power as well as discriminate. Numbers of times my friends and I have been pulled over and searched for no reason when we do not have anythin on us. I don't trust cops and they have no reason to be trusted. They don't make the rules as you say but they take every opportunity of try to take advantage of or ignore your rights. They often add charges simply to increase fines and gain a lil more in their quota.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:52 PM   #17
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

And as is the case with every country on this globe, you have your bad cops. More so in other countries.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #18
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
And as is the case with every country on this globe, you have your bad cops. More so in other countries.
Very true, maybe it's just me but I've never met a good cop. I go wit Ice Cube and Dr. Dre when I say "F*ck tha po'lice!"

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:30 PM   #19
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

I drove stoned a couple times many moons ago. The problem is, I'd be on the highway, thinking I'm cruising along, and I'd look down and see that I'm doing 35 in a 65 MPH stretch of road. So I'd speed back up, just to find that I was back down to 35 again in a few miles. I know, cruise control, right? I was too baked to hit CC!

My stoner days are long gone...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #20
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach
 
HburgXL06's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: HBG reppin til I die!
Posts: 1,475
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1504
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Happy 4/20, Potheads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I drove stoned a couple times many moons ago. The problem is, I'd be on the highway, thinking I'm cruising along, and I'd look down and see that I'm doing 35 in a 65 MPH stretch of road. So I'd speed back up, just to find that I was back down to 35 again in a few miles. I know, cruise control, right? I was too baked to hit CC!

My stoner days are long gone...
Lol, me and my boys used to have that problem. It was funny. You'd think you were doin lightspeed at 45 mph. That was before we built up a huge tolerance. We reminisce about the days when one or two bowls would get us ripped for the night. I don't know if I'll ever stop completely. I don't smoke every day now. Mostly on weekends and sometimes not even that much dependin on who has what but it so far hasn't adversely affected my life. Peace.

BuFu
__________________


"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts