Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM   #91
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,240 Times in 3,618 Posts
Default Re: Harbaugh Happy Ravens Broke Nose Of Ben Roethlisberger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I love watching you guys in this board. I don't usually post unless it has to do with the Ravens, so here's my $.02

I find it amazing that the same fans that think Harrison's comments about wanting to hurt people when he hits them is any different than Harbaugh saying he was glad his player broke Ben's nose. :
One is a player and the other is the head coach - there are two NFL teams where the head coach joins in the trash talking and they both have ties to the Ravens- maybe it comes from hanging around with entertainment personality Ray Lewis

It is a matter of taste in what i expect from a head coach but i prefer the platitudes of Tomlin to the snarkiness of Harbaugh
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:04 PM   #92
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

I never said anything about the validity of the size of the fines... Harrison didn't get fined for saying he wanted to hurt people. He got fines for league decided illegal hits.

The NFL fined Ngata for breaking ben's nose too.

I'm just saying I find it interesting when people came to the unconditional and total defense of Harrison knocking people's lights out on the field and then are appalled by Harbaugh's comments.

I'm not saying either is better than the other,but they seem darn close to each other.
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #93
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
I never said anything about the validity of the size of the fines... Harrison didn't get fined for saying he wanted to hurt people. He got fines for league decided illegal hits.

The NFL fined Ngata for breaking ben's nose too.

I'm just saying I find it interesting when people came to the unconditional and total defense of Harrison knocking people's lights out on the field and then are appalled by Harbaugh's comments.

I'm not saying either is better than the other,but they seem darn close to each other.
You honestly believe that? Other players are being fined 7k, 10k, and 20k but harrison is fined 75k for one hit. Was it really that violent of a hit? Really that illegal? How was it MORE illegal than the other hits in the league? You have your head in the sand if you don't think his comments had anything to do with it. He created the whole media frenzy by KO'ing two players in one game, (while just playing the same style of football that won him the 07 DPOY award mine you) and fed the frenzy by making those comments. When he made more comments about not changing his game and that he wasn't the problem but the league was the problem, the high fines kept on coming.

Now after 5 weeks of altering his game and being a good boy, whattaya know, his appeals go through and he gets refunded some of the money he was fined. He bent to the will of the NFL.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:26 PM   #94
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Great. You win. Harrison was unfairly fined. Doesn't have anything to do with my comments.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #95
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Oh dear, more Raven's lovers...

Trash talking is fun, and trying to prove your team is better is always good because it shows you're a real fan, but when the other team wins and you automatically go "the refs are on their side" or something in general is really annoying... Or saying Flacco is better than Ben.. Thats like saying John McCain isn't old
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #96
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Flacco is not better than Ben. Not yet. But he is improving and has proven himself to be a legitimate NFL QB. One that can make plays when necessary and lead the offense.

Once again, haven't been trash talking at all. This is going to be another knock down, drag out game that is decided by 1 or 2 key plays that sway the game.

And for the record, John McCain IS old!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #97
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
you guys are tearing up on Harbaugh for being a special teams coach but he obviously makes a great couch. i hate baltimore but there a great team and only got better after Harbaugh arrived. as for his comment about ben, it was taken the wrong way. he knew ben since college and are both real cool with eachother. with that said hopefully Harrison breaks flacco's nose and he throws 2 pick 6's
He's obviously a great head coach. I was just saying anything he says really has no merit because he kind of fell into the job and never really earned it.

It's not that great of a dis of a coach... but idc, i'll say it if I want, whether anyone cares to take it seriously or not
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #98
lionslicer
Team President

Quote:
Flacco is not better than Ben. Not yet. But he is improving and has proven himself to be a legitimate NFL QB. One that can make plays when necessary and lead the offense.

Once again, haven't been trash talking at all. This is going to be another knock down, drag out game that is decided by 1 or 2 key plays that sway the game.

And for the record, John McCain IS old!!
Oh okay, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, I saw you were a Raven's fan and that someone else was argueing with you, so I thought you were as bad as Bobby Jr is lol.

I believe it will be a slobber knocker and as Suggs said, the winner will probably win the superbowl.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:37 PM   #99
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzballz View Post
He's may not be Christian, he may be muslim or have his own religion that has his own version of God or not have one like me. This isn't a christians only board.

Go preach somewhere else, he can say what the heck he wants with or about god, **** he may think his own father was god, i think im god, but thats because im not relgious and have my own religion that is me.

http://www.essortment.com/all/christmaspagan_rece.htm
You in my humble opinion are a jerk. Plain and simple. I wasn't preaching I was just making a kind request.

caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:08 PM   #100
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
I 100% agree that people should not be on the field intentionally trying to injure people.

The question then becomes did Ngata TRY to break Ben's nose. NO. His arm hit ben in the face and it broke. It wasn't intentional. No one even realized what happened until the play was over.

Regardless, ben was HURT by the play, not injured. Harrison said himself, you go to the sidelines, take a couple plays off, then come back out.

I agree that Harbaugh should not have said what he said. Maybe he was implying he was happy that his guys were playing with intesity. Maybe he really was happy Ngata broke it. But you can't with any seriousness think that Ngata or Harbaugh called that play with the intent of breaking the nose.

Harrison hits with INTENT to hurt. Ngata hit with intent to sack and accidentally hit ben in the face.

I don't think anybody thinks that was on purpose. It was of course an accident and Ngata is a good, clean player from what I've seen. The issue most have is Harbaugh running his mouth again, just like he did with the Costas interview before the December game. I'm not going to explain it if you didn't see it. But watch the interview and then think about what happened during the game, then watch what Harbaugh says in his post game interview. Total Hypocrite. He hates the Steelers and that's OK. But he lets it show in his words, which in my opinion is beneath an NFL head coach.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote