Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #41
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: KEEP THIS IN MIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutchy View Post
I watched those 4 games again over the past week. [i was jonesing].

They were BAD WINS. I know, I know, any win is a good win, but those were bad wins. Like the Seattle super bowl. I loved it that we got one for the thumb, but it was a bad win.

Those four games this year feel the same to me, no matter how many times i watch them.

The record says 12-4. In my mind, it feels like 8-8.
But i have the advantage of watching the replays on video. You all probably don't do that.

Those 4 games seemed like gifts from God. Especially the Miami, Buffalo, and Baltimore games. The cincy game was different, we outplayed them for most of the game.
Your pointing out the Steelers should have lost the Baltimore game, but what about the one they did lose without Ben that they should have won. That game was given away at the end. What about the Jets game where we give up a KO return for a TD and a safety and still have 2 chances for a TD from inside their 10 yard line at the end. If Spaeth doesn't drop the ball we do win. New Orleans could also have been a win if Heath doesn't fumble the ball at the New Orleans 35 yard line down 3 points with about 7 minutes to go.

This team could also be 15-1 as easily as 8-8. 12-4 is about right. Good teams find ways to win, but they can't win them all.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #42
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Your pointing out the Steelers should have lost the Baltimore game, but what about the one they did lose without Ben that they should have won. That game was given away at the end. What about the Jets game where we give up a KO return for a TD and a safety and still have 2 chances for a TD from inside their 10 yard line at the end. If Spaeth doesn't drop the ball we do win. New Orleans could also have been a win if Heath doesn't fumble the ball at the New Orleans 35 yard line down 3 points with about 7 minutes to go.

This team could also be 15-1 as easily as 8-8. 12-4 is about right. Good teams find ways to win, but they can't win them all.
And I can't for the life of me figure out why people (including the Buttmore players) are saying THEY should have won that game. They were NOT dominating us at any point in that game. It was close and both defenses were playing great throughout. It was anyone's game till the final second ticked. Who cares if they were leading? That doesn't mean they deserved to win. ARGH! I hate hearing this.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:20 AM   #43
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by grward View Post
And I can't for the life of me figure out why people (including the Buttmore players) are saying THEY should have won that game. They were NOT dominating us at any point in that game. It was close and both defenses were playing great throughout. It was anyone's game till the final second ticked. Who cares if they were leading? That doesn't mean they deserved to win. ARGH! I hate hearing this.
I agree. That had a punt, then a 3 minute 70 yard TD drive by Ben to win it written all over it. I wouldn't say that, except we've seen it too many times and so has Baltimore. This guy is the best last drive QB in the league. I don't want it to come down to the last drive, but if it does I'm glad we have Ben on our side.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #44
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Wutchy, you're so full of shit. The only reason the Bills game was close was because of the horrendous officiating and a Rashard Mendenhall fumble. How many positive plays did the Steelers lose because of holding? And the only way the Bills managed to get back in the game to begin with was because of the roughing the passer call on James Harrison. And I know the Steelers probably earend some of those holding calls, but the reason I don't find them valid is because the game was officated so one sided. Not one hold against the Bills? You say you rewatched that game, well so did I, and James Harrison was flagrantly held at least 4 times with no call.. And what about the no calls when Ben was roughed up after the whistle? I'm not much for conspriracy theories, but this game took place when the Steelers were embroiled with the league and their new rules policies, I honestly think the league was sending a message to the Steelers to shut up or else, by the way this and a couple other games were officated.

Maybe not? But regardless, the Bills would have been blown out by the Steelers with down the middle officating.

As for the dolphins game, they got the ball back with plenty of time to score. If they were better than us they would have scored. I have little doubt if that fumble would have been ruled the other way the Steelers would have forced the Phins to punt from inside their 10, and we would have got the ball back with enough time and good enough field position to win anyway.

That contraversial fumble was not the last play of the game!!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #45
tmacsteelerfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 13572

Every time I see that BobbyJr guy post, I read it, and get ready to own him on here, but then I read on and see that I don't have to because everyone else on the site already owns him.
I know every team has fans who lack knowledge, but no team has more than the Ravens.
tmacsteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 PM   #46
SoB2367
Water Boy

Member Number: 17175

wutchy talkin bout willis?
SoB2367 is offline   Reply With Quote