Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: View from Baltimore: Having never beaten Steelers in the playoffs, Baltimore is r

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I don't see two playoff losses over 10 years as a history of losing in the playoffs to the Steelers.
I expect the Ravens record to be 1-2 after Saturday, 1 game below .500.
The Ravens have the mo, big time, after the KC game, while the Steelers may be stale for sitting for two weeks after their best game of the year. You don't want to sit after a game like that one.
True, it is only 2 playoff loses. But, it's more than just 2 playoff games. The Steelers have won almost every meaningful game these 2 teams have played. The Steelers have cost the Ravens in big games repeatedly and the Ravens seem to win either early in the season or when it really doesn't matter to one or both of the teams. I'll give you a few examples of big games between the two teams and the outcome being in favor of the Steelers and then you can feel free to post some of your big wins against the Steelers.

12/5/10- @ Balt- W 13-10 Pittsburgh. This win put a hammer lock on the AFC N, 2 seed, and a bye. Relegated the Ravens to a #5 and put them on the road.

Jan/09- @ Pit - W 23-14. The AFCC game propelled the Steelers to their 6th Super Bowl costing the Ravens a chance at their 2nd.

12/14/08- @ Balt- W 13-9. Last second drive by Ben clinches the AFC N division putting the Ravens on the road for the playoffs including the loss in the AFCC game.

12/26/04 -@ Pit- W 20-7. Crushing late season loss for the playoff hopeful Ravens who end their season at 9-7 and miss the playoffs, while the Steelers advance to the AFCC game.

Jan/2002 - @ Pit- W 27-10. Playoff game ends the Ravens hopes of a title defense.

These are easily the biggest 5 games the 2 teams have played against each other, when there was something for both teams to play for and the Steelers have won them all. I've left out many less meaningful wins like the 2005 season, where we went on to win the Super Bowl, the 2007 Monday night beatdown, where we made the playoffs in 07, because the Ravens were terrible and there wasn't something on the line for both teams. Same can be said for the 2006 season where the Ravens were clearly better and destoyed the Steelers, but the Steelers were going nowhere that year starting out 2-6.

As you can see, in the biggest games the Steelers have come up BIG. The Ravens are still looking for their first signature win against Pittsburgh. Their wins have been much less important and many of them with Big Ben on the sidelines.

So I've got 5 pretty significant games here either in the playoffs or division clinching games late in the season. I can't think of any Ravens wins that were bigger games for both teams than any of these. If you remember some meaningful Ravens wins against the Steelers please list them here.

Lastly, I'm surely not saying the Ravens can't win Saturday. In fact, I would only give the Steelers a 60%-40% chance of winning this game. But based on the history and being at home and having an extra week to rest and heal, I do like the Steelers over the Ravens this week.

The Steelers have been very clutch against the Ravens when the stakes are the highest. You continuously predicting Ravens wins and even blowouts or easy wins is kind of like my brother-in-law the Browns fan predicting they'll beat the Steelers every year. Like I tell him, Keep saying it every year because eventually it will come true. A blind squirrel does find a nut once in a while. I just hope it's not this Saturday.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 AM   #12
billym99
Water Boy

Member Number: 11477
Default Re: View from Baltimore: Having never beaten Steelers in the playoffs, Baltimore is r

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
True, it is only 2 playoff loses. But, it's more than just 2 playoff games. The Steelers have won almost every meaningful game these 2 teams have played. The Steelers have cost the Ravens in big games repeatedly and the Ravens seem to win either early in the season or when it really doesn't matter to one or both of the teams. I'll give you a few examples of big games between the two teams and the outcome being in favor of the Steelers and then you can feel free to post some of your big wins against the Steelers.

12/5/10- @ Balt- W 13-10 Pittsburgh. This win put a hammer lock on the AFC N, 2 seed, and a bye. Relegated the Ravens to a #5 and put them on the road.

Jan/09- @ Pit - W 23-14. The AFCC game propelled the Steelers to their 6th Super Bowl costing the Ravens a chance at their 2nd.

12/14/08- @ Balt- W 13-9. Last second drive by Ben clinches the AFC N division putting the Ravens on the road for the playoffs including the loss in the AFCC game.

12/26/04 -@ Pit- W 20-7. Crushing late season loss for the playoff hopeful Ravens who end their season at 9-7 and miss the playoffs, while the Steelers advance to the AFCC game.

Jan/2002 - @ Pit- W 27-10. Playoff game ends the Ravens hopes of a title defense.

These are easily the biggest 5 games the 2 teams have played against each other, when there was something for both teams to play for and the Steelers have won them all. I've left out many less meaningful wins like the 2005 season, where we went on to win the Super Bowl, the 2007 Monday night beatdown, where we made the playoffs in 07, because the Ravens were terrible and there wasn't something on the line for both teams. Same can be said for the 2006 season where the Ravens were clearly better and destoyed the Steelers, but the Steelers were going nowhere that year starting out 2-6.

As you can see, in the biggest games the Steelers have come up BIG. The Ravens are still looking for their first signature win against Pittsburgh. Their wins have been much less important and many of them with Big Ben on the sidelines.

So I've got 5 pretty significant games here either in the playoffs or division clinching games late in the season. I can't think of any Ravens wins that were bigger games for both teams than any of these. If you remember some meaningful Ravens wins against the Steelers please list them here.

Lastly, I'm surely not saying the Ravens can't win Saturday. In fact, I would only give the Steelers a 60%-40% chance of winning this game. But based on the history and being at home and having an extra week to rest and heal, I do like the Steelers over the Ravens this week.

The Steelers have been very clutch against the Ravens when the stakes are the highest. You continuously predicting Ravens wins and even blowouts or easy wins is kind of like my brother-in-law the Browns fan predicting they'll beat the Steelers every year. Like I tell him, Keep saying it every year because eventually it will come true. A blind squirrel does find a nut once in a while. I just hope it's not this Saturday.
Best post I've read all week.
billym99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,811 Times in 4,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
But, but, but, Tony....they have the mo.

If you've read one of Booby's posts, you've read them all....literally.
right?

i agree... its almost as if he is intentionally spamming every single ravens related thread with the same broken record message.

it just aint right.

hey boobjob, cut it out!

[YOUTUBE]9yrkYwQ7_2Q[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #14
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby jr View Post
I don't see two playoff losses over 10 years as a history of losing in the playoffs to the Steelers..

You don't have much of a history of winning either.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #15
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
But, but, but, Tony....they have the mo.

If you've read one of Booby's posts, you've read them all....literally.
please unban him so i can have some fun, at least give me his I.P. address so i can give it to hackers.

jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #16
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,293 Times in 3,476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

never have and never will!

well, maybe someday but not this saturday
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #17
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
View from Baltimore: Having never beaten Steelers in the playoffs, Baltimore is ready

"I think it's going to be World War III," Ravens safety Dawan Landry said. "The last one left a bad taste in our mouth."
Who the hell is this guy? And I wonder what the Steelers did to leave a "bad taste" in their mouths???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
View from Baltimore: Having never beaten Steelers in the playoffs, Baltimore is ready

Whether it's having a first-round bye ripped from them or a championship dream squashed, Pittsburgh has become a frustrating roadblock for the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs.
Boy I really like the sounds of that:
"the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs." "the Ravens, who have never beaten the Steelers in the playoffs."
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:43 AM   #18
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,811 Times in 4,474 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizzballz View Post
please unban him so i can have some fun, at least give me his I.P. address so i can give it to hackers.

*sniff sniff* you smell like stupid_fly.

that would explain alot.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #19
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,757 Times in 1,069 Posts

A lot of you are underestimating the Ravens. The way to win this game is time of possession. Force the Ravens to play catch up and don't make last second follies like the Ravens did last game.
SH-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #20
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Booby,

I just hope that it won't be decided by a blown call or a key injury.

GO STEELERS.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Win or lose I'll live, any season we win in Baltimore and win the division, I'm a happy man, anything else is just a bonus. I just hope no one key goes down from either team. There's is no way in hell I want to see a NY or Boston team win the Super Bowl, both those fan bases me drive crazy now. I don't want to have to hear them run their mouths from now until September.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote