Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-11-2011, 03:35 PM   #11
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Good luck from Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
awesome....enjoy the game. If you win, please beat the Pats. Hate 'em.
I don't know dude. I hate the Pats and all, but watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl would be just as bad. I like being the big bully in the AFC North.
Watching my 2 most hated teams with the winner getting a trip to the Super Bowl. Where is that throwup emoticon when I need it.

But, bdravens seems pretty cool so far. I'll give him that. Now if we can start getting him to engage in some intelligent football talk between Ravens and Steelers fans instead of this Ravens are the greatest of all time and the Steelers have no chance horse crap we've been hearing from that other idiot.

So how about it bdravens. Why don't you give us a few reasons why your team will come into Heinz and leave with a win? And we can tell you why they won't. You can even start a new thread if you like.

I'll give you a few advantages I see for us.

1. Bye Week rest. One more week for Troy and the boys to get healthy. One more week for the coaches to prepare the flawless gameplan.
2. Home Field. Steelers are very tough at Heinz and their fans live for these games. There will only be a speckle of purple. Opposing fans are always sparse at Heinz.
3. Big Ben. It's not always pretty, but he gets the job done. He's 8-2 all time when starting against the Ravens.
4. Run D. Is awesome this year. No run game for the Ravens, means Joe Cool is going to have to throw to win in a Hostile, bad weather, pressure packed game.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #12
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I don't know dude. I hate the Pats and all, but watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl would be just as bad. I like being the big bully in the AFC North.
Watching my 2 most hated teams with the winner getting a trip to the Super Bowl. Where is that throwup emoticon when I need it.
No hard feelings, we feel pretty much the same way haha. I think it would be impossible to root between the Pats/Steelers, buuuuut I guess I would lean toward division rep...which sickens me to think about. I find it hilarious that everyone is already counting the Jets out.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:43 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,359 Times in 2,912 Posts

Thanks for posting

Steelers-Ravens today is like 70s Raiders-Steelers (not quite that violent but the rules have changed)

As the late great Dwight White said about the Raiders in this great clip around the 30 second mark "when I look back and really think about it they [are] the closest thing to us."

[youtube]kSwP1HNU8aQ&feature=related[/youtube]

And the Patriots are the arrogant 70s Cowboys
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
4G63
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11584
My Mood: Cool

Quote:
1. Bye Week rest. One more week for Troy and the boys to get healthy. One more week for the coaches to prepare the flawless gameplan.
2. Home Field. Steelers are very tough at Heinz and their fans live for these games. There will only be a speckle of purple. Opposing fans are always sparse at Heinz.
3. Big Ben. It's not always pretty, but he gets the job done. He's 8-2 all time when starting against the Ravens.
4. Run D. Is awesome this year. No run game for the Ravens, means Joe Cool is going to have to throw to win in a Hostile, bad weather, pressure packed game.
I'll bite.

Todd Heap will be the key for a Ravens win. He was sorely missed in the game in Baltimore, for both his catching and blocking ability. Also, I wouldn't dismiss McGahee in the run game. While Ray Rice is great out of the backfield catching passes, he doesn't have the success McGahee does in the running game.

I expect the usual knock-down, drag-out type of game and hopefully Cam Cameron calls a quality game. It should be interesting to see if Polamalu has the same type of impact this game like he did in Baltimore. He was non-existent during the game in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the season but obviously had the play of the game last month.
4G63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Quote:

But, bdravens seems pretty cool so far. I'll give him that. Now if we can start getting him to engage in some intelligent football talk between Ravens and Steelers fans instead of this Ravens are the greatest of all time and the Steelers have no chance horse crap we've been hearing from that other idiot.

So how about it bdravens. Why don't you give us a few reasons why your team will come into Heinz and leave with a win? And we can tell you why they won't. You can even start a new thread if you like.

I'll give you a few advantages I see for us.

Our advantages:
1. Flacco. Flacco is coming off quite possibly his best game of the season, even his career. Our running game was 0, so we relied on his arm to win us a meaningful game, despite not playing against the best team.
2. Run D. Yes, we faltered somewhat against Jamal Charles, but he has proven himself to be one of the best in the game. There's no reason to believe that it will happen again, but you never know. Apparently all we have to do is get MT. Cody to squash a RB like he did last week to stop them, lol.
3. Team plays well on road: In Flacco's rookie season, he led us into MIA and TEN and came out with wins. I think coming into such a hostile environment of Heinz Field in a huge game may have played with his mind somewhat. Last year, we weren't given a chance in NE, but we blew them out. Last week, he played his best playoff game, so he's hot right now.
4. D-Line. If they can get to Ben, you have a problem. Suggs played his career game against you all last game, and if he had just gone for the sack on the game winning drive instead of the strip, who knows what could have happened. Ngata is obviously a force, as Ben knows
5. Heeeaaaap!/Rice. Heap shredded a fairly good KC secondary last week, and proved that when our WR can't get open, we can trust Ray Ray or Heap to get us big plays.

On the other note, I pray to god that Cam Cameron calls another good game like last week. If any of you check out our forums at BR.com, there's a lot of hate on that guy over there.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #16
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
True. 100% Fag. I've seen a couple other threads on here, and personally I find it hard to believe that some fans on here think it's shaping up to be a complete blowout. I know it's normal to say that one's team will win and kick the other team's ass, but history in this series says otherwise since Flacco/Harbaugh have arrived. We don't fare well against Roethlisberger, but the games are always close now that we have our own franchise QB.

Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.
Don't worry about how long these two teams have been banging heads, this is the gold standard of football rivalry. Both teams have consistent relevance and a tough approach to how they abuse the opposition.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:07 PM   #17
NoFieldFive
Starter

Member Number: 10965

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
I'll bite.

Todd Heap will be the key for a Ravens win. He was sorely missed in the game in Baltimore, for both his catching and blocking ability. Also, I wouldn't dismiss McGahee in the run game. While Ray Rice is great out of the backfield catching passes, he doesn't have the success McGahee does in the running game.

I expect the usual knock-down, drag-out type of game and hopefully Cam Cameron calls a quality game. It should be interesting to see if Polamalu has the same type of impact this game like he did in Baltimore. He was non-existent during the game in Pittsburgh at the beginning of the season but obviously had the play of the game last month.

not sure if first ravens game or not but earlier in the year Troy was playing more coverage and Timmons took over his roll of blitzes/being free etc. Once Troy went back into his normal role his production picked back up
NoFieldFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM   #18
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,257 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
Hey Steeler fans, just wanted to wish you guys good luck this weekend. All we know is, there's no secrets between these two teams, and I expect it to be one of those 3 point type games like usual.
Good luck man, always a breath of fresh air other than insulting one another. Thanks. In my opinion, it shouldn't be any other way. This is what the NFL is all about. May the best team on Saturday win! (which would be us ;) )

As for the game, watching the Chiefs completley collapse the pocket on the Ravens and Flacco made any Steelers fan smirk. Flacco seemed to be running for his life in bits and hit the turf often before the Chiefs decided they wanted to go home in the second half. If Flacco wants to think he's going to escape the pocket and rush like he did against the Chiefs, he's in for a rude of awakening. The landscape of our entire defense, esp our line-backing core, are quicker and more athletic, let alone more vicious than the Chefs. If the Chefs can collapse the Ravens front line, we will have a field day since our game picked up on both sides of the ball since our last meeting.

I expect Flacco and the Ravens offense to attack us the exact same way as last time. Taking the underneath and attacking our sidelines and coming up with chunks of yardage along the way and getting Rice in space. Heap is going to have to be obtained because I don't think Flacco knows how to utilize the weapons around him the way any elite QB like Brady would. I like our chances tormenting Flacco.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #19
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

C'mon Saturday!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:26 PM   #20
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

Good to see a couple of Raven fans with something relevant to say.

Heap is a big difference maker, as we are well aware. But unlike KC, the Steelers will not leave the middle of the field wide open all day and they can generate a much better pass rush than the Chiefs did. We have the LBs to limit Heap's production as well as Troy, who no doubt will be keeping a close eye on him.

I love these games and do not expect an easy victory but I do think we will win. Points will be at a premium as usual and turnovers will probably be the difference once again. My main concern (outside of a win) is injuries. We tend to beat each other up pretty bad and I hope that isn't the downfall going into the AFCCG. For whoever wins.