Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #21
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts
Default Re: Good luck from Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I don't know dude. I hate the Pats and all, but watching the Ravens go to the Super Bowl would be just as bad. I like being the big bully in the AFC North.
Watching my 2 most hated teams with the winner getting a trip to the Super Bowl. Where is that throwup emoticon when I need it.
I know what you mean, but I hate tom brady more than the entire ravens team combined. To see him win his #4 and put in the same company as bradshaw and montana would make me irate
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #22
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
1. Flacco. Flacco is coming off quite possibly his best game of the season, even his career. Our running game was 0, so we relied on his arm to win us a meaningful game, despite not playing against the best team.
If anything, I'd say Flacco is your biggest worry, esp his track record against defense's like the Steelers. He may have come off one of his best performances, which is another reason why I think he is your biggest worry. Seeing the Steelers defense the week after seeing the Chiefs defense is going to be very ego-crushing. Flacco knows what he's going to see and I feel he'll always come through with the big turnover and melt when the pressure's on.

Quote:
2. Run D. Yes, we faltered somewhat against Jamal Charles, but he has proven himself to be one of the best in the game. There's no reason to believe that it will happen again, but you never know. Apparently all we have to do is get MT. Cody to squash a RB like he did last week to stop them, lol.
Historically, the Ravens and Steelers seem to gear up to stop the run against each other yearly so I would agree with you here that both teams may not be able to run it. With that said, the Steelers have a better shot at success since we are going to pound the Mendenhall nail regardless while I think the Ravens will spread us out more often than we would Balty. We'll see!

Quote:
3. Team plays well on road: In Flacco's rookie season, he led us into MIA and TEN and came out with wins. I think coming into such a hostile environment of Heinz Field in a huge game may have played with his mind somewhat. Last year, we weren't given a chance in NE, but we blew them out. Last week, he played his best playoff game, so he's hot right now.
Baltimore posts a 7-1 record at home this year, while posting only a 5-3 record on the road. Flacco's W-L record against the Steelers is 2-4, two of those wins coming against Dennis Dixon in '09 and Charlie Batch in '10. If anything, the Steelers homefield and the 5,000 plus added seats could be a difference. Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

I agree with stopping Heap. Over the years, the Steelers ALWAYS had trouble with defending other teams receiving tight-ends with big bodies and Heap could give us fits. It's something that I worry about since Heap always comes through and Flacco seems to like him. You may have Heap, but we also have HEAAAATH (who I predict to be the MVP of the playoffs.)

Should be a helluva, wild game! Can't wait.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599

I hate both the Ratturds and the cheats. It is to dam hard to pick one of these teams to go to the Super Bowl.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #24
jizzballz
Banned

Member Number: 17482

we came off our biggest win in 2008 week 15 against the ravens, gave us the divison.

went to our second most important match against tennessee for the #1 seed and we got raped big time, i believe all this momentum stuff is such bullshit.

I believe we will win this game, but oh boy, we will have to work for it as always. good luck, not really just trying to be nice, and if we do lose god forbid, i will be rooting for the patriots, i have to much hatred for division rivals.
jizzballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:22 PM   #25
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
If anything, I'd say Flacco is your biggest worry, esp his track record against defense's like the Steelers. He may have come off one of his best performances, which is another reason why I think he is your biggest worry. Seeing the Steelers defense the week after seeing the Chiefs defense is going to be very ego-crushing. Flacco knows what he's going to see and I feel he'll always come through with the big turnover and melt when the pressure's on.

Historically, the Ravens and Steelers seem to gear up to stop the run against each other yearly so I would agree with you here that both teams may not be able to run it. With that said, the Steelers have a better shot at success since we are going to pound the Mendenhall nail regardless while I think the Ravens will spread us out more often than we would Balty. We'll see!

Baltimore posts a 7-1 record at home this year, while posting only a 5-3 record on the road. Flacco's W-L record against the Steelers is 2-4, two of those wins coming against Dennis Dixon in '09 and Charlie Batch in '10. If anything, the Steelers homefield and the 5,000 plus added seats could be a difference. Pittsburgh is a tough place to play.

I agree with stopping Heap. Over the years, the Steelers ALWAYS had trouble with defending other teams receiving tight-ends with big bodies and Heap could give us fits. It's something that I worry about since Heap always comes through and Flacco seems to like him. You may have Heap, but we also have HEAAAATH (who I predict to be the MVP of the playoffs.)

Should be a helluva, wild game! Can't wait.
Only if Heath can get the name "McClain" out of his head from last game. Just kidding, that was a nasty hit that I was utterly shocked didn't get flagged.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:30 PM   #26
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,597 Times in 1,972 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
Only if Heath can get the name "McClain" out of his head from last game. Just kidding, that was a nasty hit that I was utterly shocked didn't get flagged.
if i was the ravens' coach, i'd tell them to go helmet to helmet against all of our guys. they flag us all day for hitting defenseless receivers, helmet to helmet penalties but never the other guys. hell it took ben getting chin checked by richard seymour for the refs to throw a goddamn flag
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #27
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

I have to agree with my fellow Raven fans. I think Heap will make a huge difference, along with having Ed Reed firing on all cylinders again.

I'm very excited to see what happens when we both have ALL of our team together. This game will finally start (and hopefully end) with both teams showing their best. First game you didn't have Ben. Second game, we didn't have Heap. Everyone should be suiting up to have the final showdown.

I think Joe will do well. He has been playing pretty well and was lights out at KC. I know we always compare Joe v. Ben, but Ben wouldn't have had anything to do with the game winning drive we put together in the first meeting. I think it is much more a question of defenses. Troy makes an amazing play to beat us the second round. It will come down to one huge play by a key player to decide this one. Just like it always does.

Here's to a kick ass game!! I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

Go Ravens!
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #28
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557

I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

No offense but that might be your first hint not to marry that chick????
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #29
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

She's got other redeeming qualities, I assure you!! But it is difficult. It was a good thing we were not together for the Ravens / Pats game this year. I'm pretty sure I would have been single again!

Plus at the end of the day, I REALLY hate you guys, so anyone is better in the Superbowl than Pittsburgh!!!
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #30
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'll say this much: kudos to Flacco for actually helping to win a playoff game. He normally does his best to try to lose it for you, and then Ray and Ray have to bail him out. Whether or not he can keep that up for two straight is another matter.

Steelers 24, Ravens 17.