Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 PM   #31
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664
Default Re: Good luck from Baltimore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
if i was the ravens' coach, i'd tell them to go helmet to helmet against all of our guys. they flag us all day for hitting defenseless receivers, helmet to helmet penalties but never the other guys. hell it took ben getting chin checked by richard seymour for the refs to throw a goddamn flag
I was glad to see Harrison's fines get reduced, honestly. It is literally impossible to avoid helmet to helmet hits in the NFL these days.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenIndiana View Post
I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

No offense but that might be your first hint not to marry that chick????
lol i dated a chick who was a pats fan, that didn't last long.

didn't help that i wore this shirt when i watched the pats vs steelers a couple years back when we beat them at foxboro

Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #33
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Nice!

Yeah... I brought her to a Ravens game a couple weeks ago and my buddy and I were basking in the fact the Browns were stomping the Pats (updates from the scoreboard). She didn't think it was very nice!! Oh well. Like I said though, despite the dislike, I have agreed to at least not cheer against the Pats unless they are playing the Ravens. I'll let you know how that goes after the first year!!
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #34
bdravens
Water Boy

I have to say that this is the first time that I actually feel good about coming to Pittsburgh. I feel confident that we can finally win a meaningful game against you all. However, you just never know with us. If our defense plays like we did Sunday, I can't see us losing honestly.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:52 PM   #35
MaidenIndiana
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10557
My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
I have to say that this is the first time that I actually feel good about coming to Pittsburgh. I feel confident that we can finally win a meaningful game against you all. However, you just never know with us. If our defense plays like we did Sunday, I can't see us losing honestly.
Yeah but remember you're not going to be playing Kansas City this Saturday
MaidenIndiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #36
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,717 Times in 697 Posts

Quote:

Matt Cassel targeted a wide receiver like, twice during the whole game. Sometime is telling me that Roethlisberger and that Steelers offense won't be so inept, especially since Ben earned his pay check going 80-90 yards on that Ravens D before, multiple times. I understand you're stoked about winning a playoff game and winning it big, but the Chiefs were so horribly bad and looked like a JV team at best that I hope that Ravens fans won't expect that to be duplicated this Saturday or it'll be a long fall from grace.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:04 PM   #37
bdravens
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Matt Cassel targeted a wide receiver like, twice during the whole game. Sometime is telling me that Roethlisberger and that Steelers offense won't be so inept, especially since Ben earned his pay check before going 80-90 yards on that Ravens D before, multiple times. I understand your stoked about winning a playoff game and winning it big, but the Chiefs were so horribly bad and looked like a JV team at best.
I understand. It wasn't necessarily stat based, but little things, like we got decent pass rush in the 2nd half where we usually struggle defensively. It's no comparison between KC and the Steelers. Just happy with how we played all around.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #38
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

KC shouldnt have even made it that far...but then again, any givin Sunday!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:08 PM   #39
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,717 Times in 697 Posts

Quote:
I understand. It wasn't necessarily stat based, but little things, like we got decent pass rush in the 2nd half where we usually struggle defensively. It's no comparison between KC and the Steelers. Just happy with how we played all around.
A win is a win is a win. If I were you dude, I'd be pumped as hell as well, I wouldn't care who we beat. Your team gave you the right to be fired up, I applaud that.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM   #40
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 7,452 Times in 3,111 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
i don't mean to piss on your cereal but I watched that game closely and didn't think the ravens played well. The chiefs turning the ball over 5 times was why the score was what it was. They're gonna have to protect flacco a lot better than they did last sunday if they're up against the steelers or it's gonna be ugly for you guys.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote