Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-11-2011, 09:48 PM   #41
Hirsch
Water Boy

Member Number: 16266
Default Re: Good luck from Baltimore

[QUOTE=

Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.[/QUOTE]

Who knew Indy had a professional football team!
Hirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 09:50 PM   #42
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,135 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
i don't mean to piss on your cereal but I watched that game closely and didn't think the ravens played well. The chiefs turning the ball over 5 times was why the score was what it was. They're gonna have to protect flacco a lot better than they did last sunday if they're up against the steelers or it's gonna be ugly for you guys.
I agree. I thought the Chiefs really collapsed the Ravens front and did it with ease. They were a young bunch and just couldn't hold contain of a team that overpowered them in every way shape and form and they still got some mad penetration and got to Flacco.

Jamaal Charles was ripping through the line for like 8 yards per pop at a time during the game so I think the Ravens team has many, many holes as a unit on both sides of the ball. We are way more balanced and play better overall swarming defense.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 PM   #43
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsch View Post
Who knew Indy had a professional football team!
I say that instead of "Colts".
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:22 PM   #44
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
I have to agree with my fellow Raven fans. I think Heap will make a huge difference, along with having Ed Reed firing on all cylinders again.

I'm very excited to see what happens when we both have ALL of our team together. This game will finally start (and hopefully end) with both teams showing their best. First game you didn't have Ben. Second game, we didn't have Heap. Everyone should be suiting up to have the final showdown.

I think Joe will do well. He has been playing pretty well and was lights out at KC. I know we always compare Joe v. Ben, but Ben wouldn't have had anything to do with the game winning drive we put together in the first meeting. I think it is much more a question of defenses. Troy makes an amazing play to beat us the second round. It will come down to one huge play by a key player to decide this one. Just like it always does.

Here's to a kick ass game!! I have to say though, I'll be cheering for the Pats if the Steelers win. The fiancee is from Boston. I think it is in the pre-nup!!

Go Ravens!
I think TE play could help decide this one. I know Heap was hurt on the 1st series, but I believe Miller was lost in the 2nd q. Steelers need to take away Heap and make Flacco find his receivers before we can get to him.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:17 AM   #45
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,105 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdravens View Post
Games like this make me wish our franchise was around longer than 1996-present. Imagine this rivalry if we had been here around 1990, even though it hadn't technically been that long since the Indianapolis professional football team left.
Lol well the Browns-Steelers rivalry up until 1996 was very competitive and exciting to watch. While the Steelers have gone 21-4 against the new Browns, against the old Browns, the Steelers went 41-52 (including a complete OWNING of the series by the Browns from 1950-1970). Against the Ravens, the Steelers are 20-12.

So personally, I consider the Ravens to be the respectable and always feisty team from Cleveland that the Steelers faced from 1950-1995.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:41 AM   #46
bdravens
Water Boy

Member Number: 17664

Anyone willing to bet against me on the fact that Cowher will pick against the Ravens? I know, you're at home and favored and everything, but I'm not convinced that he would EVER for any reason pick us over the Steelers in any game, no matter what the circumstances.
bdravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:50 AM   #47
CaliStillersFan
Starter

Member Number: 11604

Quote:
No hard feelings, we feel pretty much the same way haha. I think it would be impossible to root between the Pats/Steelers, buuuuut I guess I would lean toward division rep...which sickens me to think about. I find it hilarious that everyone is already counting the Jets out.
Gotta support the division no matter what happens. No way anyone from Baltimore or Pittsburgh can possibly cheer for a NY or Boston team to win anything outside of the "Douche Bag Fan Base of the Year Award". I have no problem saying I watch Baltimore every week as long as they are not playing at the same time we are, and I only hate them 2 or 3 times a year (this week being one of them).

Quote:
Anyone willing to bet against me on the fact that Cowher will pick against the Ravens? I know, you're at home and favored and everything, but I'm not convinced that he would EVER for any reason pick us over the Steelers in any game, no matter what the circumstances.
No if Cowher wants to keep enjoying his celebrity status in the Burg, he will never pick against them.

Good luck to your birds this weekend, Saturday can't get here fast enough.
CaliStillersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 10:59 AM   #48
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

Good luck to you as well and may the best team win. Is it me or does it seem as if this week is going by slower than normal? The beer is already at it's subzero temperature waiting to be wrapped in a Steelers beer bottle holder.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:03 AM   #49
SoCalFan
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14860
My Mood: Buzzed

Guess I will be the first to say,enough with this nice $hit. I DISLIKE EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FLYING RATS AND EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTS THEM.STEELERS WILL ALWAYS RULE THE NORTH.BE GONE!!!! (speaking for myself)
Old 01-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #50
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,135 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Who cares, I stopped listening to all of the pre-game stuff. I get so fired up I can't even listen or read writeups anymore but Cowher picked the Steelers to finish last the past couple years so I don't buy in what they say. Believe it or not, the Ravens are the darling of the media when it comes to the NORTH, every critic always picks the Ravens to go to the Super Bowl or has that advantage over Pittsburgh, including next week. All we hear is how dominant the Ravens are, Flacco and Ray Lewis when the Steelers just kick that ass every year when it counts.