Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-13-2011, 05:44 AM   #1
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389
Default Feedback Desired: Steelers/Ravens Game Opportunity

I apologize if the title was somewhat misleading but it was tough to come up with a title for the thread. I had a proposition given to me on Wednesday and I am wondering what some other Steelers fans would have done given the same proposition:

A buddy of mine called me and said his sister was looking for bodies to go to the Steelers game this weekend and help with parking/security. It would be paid and travel to the game would be free (riding a bus). Admission to the game would also be free, but obviously would be aiding with security. I intially jumped at the opportunity as it was a FREE way to be a part of the playoff atmosphere at Heinz Field and I wouldn't have to drive or worry about a hotel. As I got to thinking, I did not know how much of the game I would be able to see and if I would be able to "cheer". I declined the offer citing that I wanted to be able to watch the game in it's entirety with my Northwest Ohio fans and also be able to enjoy frosty beverages during the game.

What would you have done in the situation? Was I a fool to pass this up? It was a VERY tough decision.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:27 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Feedback Desired: Steelers/Ravens Game Opportunity

I would have gone. While you might not be able to watch the game in it's entirety, you could have had a different experience and you never know what opportunities could have been provided to you at the end of the game or even after the game was well over.

Just a thought. And based on your avatar, I'm going to put it in a different perspective. What if this opportunity was a special blessing from God?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote