Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Your worst pick...why you are glad...

What is your worst Steelers draft wish tat makes you so glad you are not part of the Steelers front office.

Be honest. Give us your worst!

Mine is Dwayne Jarrett. I just wanted a big receiver and he looked so good in college. Early in the draft I wondered if he would be gone by our pick then later I was hoping we'd trade down to get him. Instead we ended up with that loser Timmons. I was disappointed when he was taken right before our 2nd pick because I wanted him there too but instead we got that bum Lamaar Woodley.

Jarret has sucked, unable to create separation and as had 2 DUIs. He was released.

I'm glad I don't work for the FO. lol

What's your worst desire that turned out to be a bust and much worse than who the Steelers really chose?
Old 01-13-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,369 Times in 568 Posts
Default Re: Your worst pick...why you are glad...

Tons of them, haha.

After watching that PUKE of a secondary during the Tim Lewis years in 2003, I wanted us to take corner-back Dunta Robinson with our first pick of the 2004 NFL Draft with our 11th pick! Robinson went at number 10 to the Texans, and Roethlisberger was our man at # 11. The rest is history. As soon as Ben was picked, I was instantly happy for our future!

Last year though, I really would of loved to pick Toby Gerhardt with our second round pick to compliment Mendy. I fell in love with Gerhardt since he had that Bettis type style of runner and had Pittsburgh written all over him. We took Worlids, who should pan out in the long run for us!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #3
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Alex Mack. Nothing against him, but if he would have made it to us and we drafted him, we wouldn't have Pouncey.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #4
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

In the spirit of this week I'm gonna go with Sergio Kindle, the 11th pick in the 2nd round of the 2010 draft by the Ratturds.

Lets see... he broke his skull, has 2 dui's, and has yet to put on pads.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #5
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

I didnt really start following the draft process closely until a couple years ago (I didnt pay attention to upcoming prospects or the college world, I just woke up the next day and would be like Ok so these are our new guys) but last year with our second pick I REALLY wanted Golden Tate or Sean Lee...Golden Tate wasn't that great for Seattle but I still think Sean Lee would have been a keeper (he was tremendous for Dallas this season)...I have faith Worilds will pan out though.

I also wanted us to take Kyle Wilson (CB) over Pouncey, obviously Pouncey worked out for the best there, although I do think if Starks and Colon hadn't been injured that said CB might be making a larger impact to the team currently thna Pouncey would have been...
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 PM   #6
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I didnt really start following the draft process closely until a couple years ago (I didnt pay attention to upcoming prospects or the college world, I just woke up the next day and would be like Ok so these are our new guys) but last year with our second pick I REALLY wanted Golden Tate or Sean Lee...Golden Tate wasn't that great for Seattle but I still think Sean Lee would have been a keeper (he was tremendous for Dallas this season)...I have faith Worilds will pan out though.

I also wanted us to take Kyle Wilson (CB) over Pouncey, obviously Pouncey worked out for the best there, although I do think if Starks and Colon hadn't been injured that said CB might be making a larger impact to the team currently thna Pouncey would have been...
I haven't seen him much lately but I remember earlier in the season Wilson was getting torched. Maybe he's settled down since then. I wanted them to draft him as well. Was kinda surprised (although now pleasantly) when they drafted pouncey.
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,668 Times in 1,583 Posts

not bad ones but i was really pissed that they passed on mangold for holmes. i also didn't want timmons , i wanted them to trade down to the mid 20's and pick ben grubbs or justin blaylock., and get an extra 2nd rd pick...

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:46 PM   #8
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

i wanted Iupati over Pouncey. im glad Iupati went 1st and we got Pouncey now though. i know half this board wanted Wilson last year over Pouncey as well
Old 01-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #9
JackHammer
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 5640

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post

Nah, Pouncey really is THAT GOOD. He's as special a player at his position as any star on this roster is at theirs. He knows our ENTIRE offense as well as anyone in the whole organization, and he's known it for most of the season. He's incredibly smart and has the brawn to match it. He's gonna be a great player for a long time, granted he can stay healthy.

I would argue that his impact would have been even greater if he had both of those guys on his line. That frees him up as opposed to having to help the guys next to him more. It also would've help him, and the line as a whole, to gel early on and maintain a "healthy" core of starters.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:59 PM   #10
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

I honestly don't second guess the front office after the draft, and I rarely have a favorite pick going in. Oh I'm aware of who's who, I've got ESPN Insider and can read Kiper and McShea like the rest of you. But being as I'm not part of the interview proccess, don't have the input of all the scouts, and coaches, I take a wait and see attitude, and accept what the fates bring us, having full confidence that the Steelers hiearchy will get it right way more often than most.